Crossover Standings after Week 12

DougR

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

I am not going to brag about anything as it will end up being thrown in my face later. Our defense is getting scary these days and that is exciting.  Offense is still a work in progress. Happy to win a few games, feels good.  Lots of football left to play.  Streveler looks good, has a nice arm. He was rattled in there much like any rookie would be. Time marches on, time for Nichols to sit.  Could hear it in MOS's voice however, Nichols will play.  The biggest problem yesterday was how bad Jefferson was beating Neufeld, Hardick being back will help with that.  Its just one game

Agreed. That defense is really good, elite good- swaggerville good. Jefferson is a monster. 

That O though... is going to bog them down. 2011, our defense dragged our more than inept offense kicking and screaming to the grey cup. And sure enough, the O completely bugged us down and killed our defense.

Even the crossover looks to be a long shot with the way this team is playing....We need a shake-up remaining status quo is going to mean possibly missing the post season all together..... Even Mont. has improved with a fairly good qb. situation now....while we head for the basement....All of the bad roosters seem to be coming home to roost, that has plagued us since last year , and if we hope to snag a crossover we're trending in the wrong direction...Promising year has gone KABOOM ...However IF things change and we get lucky and sneak into a crossover spot, it'll be a one and dun, cuz every team in the east has improved, while we have deteriorated ...An alarming change from all of the optimism at the beginning of tc.

Edited by Stickem

16 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Agreed. That defense is really good, elite good- swaggerville good. Jefferson is a monster. 

That O though... is going to bog them down. 2011, our defense dragged our more than inept offense kicking and screaming to the grey cup. And sure enough, the O completely bugged us down and killed our defense.

If an O-line is allowed to hold all game without penalty, like the BC O-line was allowed to do when they played us, then no defense, even if it has Jefferson, is going to succeed. 

Our O-line was terrible yesterday. 3 man rush pressured our QBs whole game. On the other side, Bridge was bragging that he never got touched by our pass rush yesterday. They made adjustments. We didn't or couldn't.

10 minutes ago, Stickem said:

However IF things change and we get lucky and sneak into a crossover spot, it'll be a one and dun, cuz every team in the east has improved, while we have deteriorated ...An alarming change from all of the optimism at the beginning of tc.

still lots of football to play... I see Hamilton passing Ottawa and hosting the East Final.  Ottawa is trending in the wrong direction too, and so long as the Bombers have a solid last few weeks of the season, could sneak into that spot.   I'd be just fine with a crossover against Ottawa!  That said, it's really all we have to hope for at this point.  Doesn't seem like we're going to win enough to get in through the West having now lost the tiebreaker with SK.

8 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Looking at the remaining schedule, BC passes us easily.

I was looking at that Friday night too after they won... they've got a much softer schedule than we do.  If Montreal can do us a favour next week, it's sadly possible that we could still make it in by only winning 1 more game this season. I don't see BC beating Hamilton who they've got twice, Edmonton or Calgary.  They should beat the Argos, so if that's their only win, maybe we squeak in!

6 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

I was looking at that Friday night too after they won... they've got a much softer schedule than we do.  If Montreal can do us a favour next week, it's sadly possible that we could still make it in by only winning 1 more game this season. I don't see BC beating Hamilton who they've got twice, Edmonton or Calgary.  They should beat the Argos, so if that's their only win, maybe we squeak in!

You also have to consider Toronto, Montreal and Hamilton. BC and Winnipeg not only have to duke it out but they have to stay ahead of those other three teams.

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

We also need to consider that apart from Montreal, the Bombers seem to have the most problematic coaching in the league. If the Bombers lose to the Als, that would make their coaching better than O'Shea and Co. (if they are still here then).

O'Shea and Co. will still be here because they have two good seasons behind them. This is just a blip on the radar.

funnytitanc.png

6 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

The last thing this team really needs is to limp into the playoffs as the crossover....heaven forbid and that then becomes the rational for retaining this ship of fools.

Only 3 of 9 teams don't make the playoffs. LOL!

I see Cal, Edm, Sask., Ham, and Ottawa making it for sure. That leaves one slot to be filled by Toronto, Montreal, BC, or us. Montreal and BC are trending up. Toronto and us are trending down. Looking at our schedule I don't think we're going to make it. We're done.

What is it about this team that gives hope to players, management, and some fans that we can suddenly reverse our fortunes? I don't see anything. Someone show me where I am wrong.

It's no secret that I've been a detractor of MOS since he ruined Willy. I won't miss him when he's gone. He had an incredible opportunity to build something really special here. He blew it. I just hope he takes Kyle Walters with him.

1 minute ago, J5V said:

It's no secret that I've been a detractor of MOS since he ruined Willy. I won't miss him when he's gone. He had an incredible opportunity to build something really special here. He blew it. I just hope he takes Kyle Walters with him.

That is what I am hoping for.

BC is actually pretty good at home.  Their defense was particularly impressive against the Esks a few weeks back.  Reilly was sacked a few times, including a fumble; defensive backs played tight to the receiver swatting away a few balls that looked like catches; limited the eskies to very few yards in the last quarter.  Factor in eastern teams having to travel 3 time zones for away games in BC and I think they can win 7.  Their offense is unimpressive, but the defense looks good.

Bombers have to win at least 2 more to cross over.  Lose next week to Kavis -  built roster and imo the season is done.

2 hours ago, blueandgoldguy said:

BC is actually pretty good at home.  Their defense was particularly impressive against the Esks a few weeks back.  Reilly was sacked a few times, including a fumble; defensive backs played tight to the receiver swatting away a few balls that looked like catches; limited the eskies to very few yards in the last quarter.  Factor in eastern teams having to travel 3 time zones for away games in BC and I think they can win 7.  Their offense is unimpressive, but the defense looks good.

Bombers have to win at least 2 more to cross over.  Lose next week to Kavis -  built roster and imo the season is done.

With the current temperament and makeup of the team, a convenience store (7-11)  looks likely. BC is not that far behind us and God only knows how the Argos and Als will finish the season.

Nichols needs to sit and they need to give Streveler a full game against Montreal...  a Stubler D is a great way for a new QB to get confidence - there might be some picks but he'll rack up yards

If Streveler can become the game manager that Nichols was... and the Bomber D gets some ballhawking back with Gaitor and maybe Fenner...  could be a crossover playoff run