Winnipeg 5-5 @ Regina 5-4 Game Day

Mr Dee

20 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Refs need to flag riders D more.. They tend to lead with the helmet on every tackle and 2 times in particular should have been flagged... Nichols slide and then Harris in the 4th.. 2 very late hits that targetted the head

Absolutely correct. Especially the one on Nichols. He came up grabbing the back of his helmet to make the point but no flag. I thought the league was supposed to protect QBs who hit the turf and then get pummelled by a D player. The hit on Harris was dirty too. To their credit, neither player complained, but if I had been O'Shea, I would have lost my mind out there. I thought MOS was strangely complacent today.

Edited by J5V
Missed a word and swore. LOL

4 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Defensive gameplan is the same as the offensive gameplan... its good in the first half and then the wheels come off.

You cannot keep excusing a scheme that consistently gives up multiple 25+ yard gains each game...  doesn't matter if they are 'tired' or not.

Collaros did literally nothing to wear out the bomber D - he is one of the worst and most predictable QBs in the league

Richie Hall was 'gifted' a sadsack like Collaros and still let him win.  The end.

Lol.. Not today.. Richie Hall gave up 17 points cuz Richie Hall cant tackle and Richie Hall sucks in coverage... But still Richie was only really on the field for 17 of those points.. So.. The Riders O scored 17.. Im considering the pick on the first drive a pick 6.. 

17 points? Not bad at all. 

The End? Perhaps but I think more so for Nichols. D gave up 17 points.. Without the mistake on O and special teams.. We win.. Oh hey Medlock had a FG blocked also. 

The D was good enough to win but our O cant help them.. Bomber D isnt great but 17 points against? What more do you want from them? 

2 minutes ago, J5V said:

Absolutely correct. Especially the one on Nichols. He came up grabbing the back of his helmet to make the point but no flag. I thought the league was supposed to protect QBs who hit the turf and then get pummelled by a D player. The hit on Harris was dirty too. To their credit, neither player complained, but if I had O'Shea, I would have lost my **** out there. I thought MOS was strangely complacent today.

I wasn't at Mosaic so im not sure how MOS was as TSN didn't show him that much. Thought it was more Riders Jerk off fest by TSN today. 

10 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Defensive gameplan is the same as the offensive gameplan... its good in the first half and then the wheels come off.

You cannot keep excusing a scheme that consistently gives up multiple 25+ yard gains each game...  doesn't matter if they are 'tired' or not.

Collaros did literally nothing to wear out the bomber D - he is one of the worst and most predictable QBs in the league

Richie Hall was 'gifted' a sadsack like Collaros and still let him win.  The end.

Bomber O not getting a first down in almost the entire 4th quarter and the Riders have the ball near midfield to start 3 straight drives did it.  Collaros just had to be patient.

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Bomber O not getting a first down in almost the entire 4th quarter and the Riders have the ball near midfield to start 3 straight drives did it.  Collaros just had to be patient.

Its amazing how the D starts to collapse when they have to be on the field every minute or so in the 4th cuz the O outside of Harris did nothing.

Edited by Goalie

7 minutes ago, do or die said:

Game was there in crunch time again........ BUT. Bombers simply vaporized on both sides of the ball..... again.  Nobody making a clutch play when needed..... 

D forced some big punts deep in Rider territory and on drives starting close to midfield.  O didn't play along.  Only thing the D didn't do was create a bunch of turnovers.

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

D forced some big punts deep in Rider territory and on drives starting close to midfield.  O didn't play along.  Only thing the D didn't do was create a bunch of turnovers.

Just 1 pick.. Perhaps 1 T O D but.. The chains werent straightened properly

IMO if ppl want to know how bad the O was.. There was a drive. Like 6 plays 12 13 yards.. Lol. Seriously.. Started at the rider 43 or so. D was pretty solid today.. O aka Nichols couldn't move the ball.

Edited by Goalie

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

After the Riders late TD gave them an 8 point lead our players were going to Matty Ice and fist-pumping him for the upcoming miracle drive to tie it up. I thought to myself, man, Nichols can't say his team mates don't support him. That's pretty good. Then he promptly threw a pick. 

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

I'm sorry - Collaros sucks.  The D stopping him was not a huge deal...

Hall has NEVER had over the top safety help... that's why everyone in Sask hated him too. 

Hall has NEVER been able to stop drives in the last two minutes...

Man if your saying that the Riders QB Collaros sucks. Then how bad is Nichols right now. Collaros beat Nichols hands down in this game. In fact here are the stats. 

Nichols... 14 of 26 for 166 yards with 1 TD and 2 INTS

Collaros... 18 of 30 for 250 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT

Nichols is on a 3 game losing streak. Collaros on a 3 game winning streak and has won 4 of his 5 starts with SK. If my memory serves me correctly the only game Collaros has lost since joining SK was against Ottawa in Ottawa! Collaros was knocked out of the game at 14-14. Then SK back up got his azz beat bad. 

All QBs with new teams take time to learn the new offence. If you can win while your learning. That is the sign of a poised Veteran. 

If the Riders win again next weekend in the rematch. With another passing performance under 200 yards. Then I would think O’Shea has no choice but to make a change at QB for a couple games. 4 loses in a row would feel like Playoff hopes are a dwindling. There probably won’t even be a cross over this year with the East pulling up their big boy pants. 

Edited by 3RD AND 1
Forgot stats

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Likely not challengable.. Command Centre needs to spot that

He needs to get the official's attention on that. Yell, scream, wave arms. Insist on a proper measure. That's got to be well within his rights as a head coach.

9 minutes ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

Man if your saying that the Riders QB Collaros sucks. Then how bad is Nichols right now. Collaros beat Nichols hands down in this game. In fact here are the stats. 

Nichols... 14 of 26 for 166 yards with 1 TD and 2 INTS

Collaros... 18 of 30 for 250 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT

Nichols is on a 3 game losing streak. Collaros on a 3 game winning streak and has won 4 of his 5 starts with SK. If my memory serves me correctly the only game Collaros has lost since joining SK was against Ottawa in Ottawa! Collaros was knocked out of the game at 14-14. Then SK back up got his azz beat bad. 

Neither of those QB stats are anything to crow about.

Nichols is in a major funk right now...  but Collaros is awful and always will be.  Chris Jones' D is providing your offence.

35 minutes ago, do or die said:

Game was there in crunch time again........ BUT. Bombers simply vaporized on both sides of the ball..... again.  Nobody making a clutch play when needed..... 

It all started with the last possession of the first half imo, the D gave them the ball in decent field position and they promptly gave up two sacks and punted the ball back to the Riders with under a minute remaining.  If they could have scored on that drive it may have turned the tide.

55 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Sort of like having a plan to get to work but no plan to get home, so you sleep on the sidewalk instead.

Not at all.

55 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The defensive gameplan was fine, the early offensive plan was good, but it doesn't count for **** if you go two quarters with basically no functional offense.

Nobody can argue the end result. We lost.

Flip the coin. We get those two turnovers, we walk away with the game.

But it wasn’t what we’ve been seeing lately. We should have won that game.

Instead...angst.

29 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Just 1 pick.. Perhaps 1 T O D but.. The chains werent straightened properly

IMO if ppl want to know how bad the O was.. There was a drive. Like 6 plays 12 13 yards.. Lol. Seriously.. Started at the rider 43 or so. D was pretty solid today.. O aka Nichols couldn't move the ball.

Look at this... complaining about the chains... cmon

Richie Hall's D relies on ballhawking and that's not happening this year.

How many years and how many different lineups do we have to sit through while guys blame sloppy tackling and lack of effort for losses...  Randle and Thomas are the last men left standing

This is not giving the offence a pass but Richie Hall's D has NEVER defended a lead... ever - go ask Riderfans...

9 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Neither of those QB stats are anything to crow about.

Nichols is in a major funk right now...  but Collaros is awful and always will be.  Chris Jones' D is providing your offence.

At least Collaros is a threat to complete medium to deep passes. 

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Not at all.

Nobody can argue the end result. We lost.

Flip the coin. We get those two turnovers, we walk away with the game.

But it wasn’t what we’ve been seeing lately. We should have won that game.

Instead...angst.

And if my aunt had testicles, she would be my uncle. The result is the result and the loss was mostly self-inflicted with little relief in sight.

24 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

It all started with the last possession of the first half imo, the D gave them the ball in decent field position and they promptly gave up two sacks and punted the ball back to the Riders with under a minute remaining.  If they could have scored on that drive it may have turned the tide.

The Bombers have trouble winning on the road in BC, Edmonton, Calgary, Saskatchewan, Ottawa, Hamilton, Montreal & Toronto. Other than that, it's all good. 

I think the ball to Washington would have been intercepted even if he had not touched it.  The rider D was far enough back and the ball was on its way down.  My guess anyway. The defence did not play well in the second half because of all the 2 and outs from us. The DB's were having a hard time because the line was no longer able to apply constant pressure.  

Either Streveler is very lucky or better than MOS thinks. On two offensive plays in the last two weeks he gets two touchdowns. The one today was really nice because he threw it while scrambling. 

It's so much like another time. MOS sticking with the No.1 at all costs. I think Nichols should be tough enough to accept to be benched and take the opportunity to see what is happening that he can't see under game conditions.  Oh well, playing here might help him.

Edited by LeBird

4 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Riders with their pop gun 0, did the two minute drill for 75 yard clinching drive...... in one.