Winnipeg 5-5 @ Regina 5-4 Game Day

Mr Dee

51 minutes ago, TheBandit said:

The bombers have lost 3 in a row. The riders have won 3 in a row. The riders scored TDs in all aspects of the game. Pull your head out of the sand. Our team is not better. Our team has a better running game. End of story.

Bombers had the better of the play.  The rest you can shove up your ****

13 minutes ago, Mike said:

I hate Nichols.

He is absolutely terrible. 

People like @White Out continually show how little they get football by going on and on about the D. How much longer can they continue to get blamed for letting up after the O goes 2 and out for the 4th straight time. No D would be good enough to continually stop an O that gets the ball back every 45 seconds.

Ah yes, the last resort of the blow hard. "I know more than you". 

btw this D hasn't been good enough for what, 5 years now? Yep. This is difficult problem hey? Real vexing. The difference between us right now is I'm willing to see what Streveler will do, and you keep harping on Nichols like he's our only problem. 

Edited by White Out

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I mean, I was a believer in Nichols too but you have to admit he is rough this year.

I have no issue with it. I've stated it numerous times and even before this game. I would be totally fine to see what Streveler has. Matt has had a poor season. But I'm also focused on our idiot head coach, our terrible D and terrible D coordinator, and our inconsistent play calling that Lapo has to own. Not to mention our D which collapses by routine every week in the 2nd half, and has been doing so for 5 years (just in case you drink enough KoolAid served by a couple posters who think its an offence problem due to output)

Edited by White Out

2 minutes ago, White Out said:

I have no issue with it. I've stated it numerous times and even before this game. I would be totally fine to see what Streveler has. Matt has had a poor season. But I'm also focused on our idiot head coach, our terrible D and terrible D coordinator, and our inconsistent play calling that Lapo has to own. Not to mention our D which collapses by routine every week in the 2nd half, and has been doing so for 5 years (just in case you drink enough KoolAid served by a couple posters who think its an offence problem due to output)

Streveler should be coach. 

1 minute ago, White Out said:

I know you always like to blame the defence (it's your thing). But the offence had so many opportunities to change the complexion of the game but they failed.  I still beleive the defence kept us in the game by continually giving the ball back to the offence but it couldn't capitalize on the opportunities.   

Just now, B-F-F-C said:

I know you always like to blame the defence (it's your thing). But the offence had so many opportunities to change the complexion of the game but they failed.  I still beleive the defence kept us in the game by continually giving the ball back to the offence but it couldn't capitalize on the opportunities.   

Well.. we've had an atrocious defense for 5 years now so...it's a good place to start

31 minutes ago, Mike said:

You have tunnel vision my friend

Probably have a bit but I saw that there's plenty of blame to go around.

I thought Nichols was awful but did like that he at least found Tompkins and managed to get him the ball for a TD. The poor throws, INTs, holding the ball too long and the panic in the pocket is not good for a pro QB making his kind of money.

I thought our tackling was poor today. 

I thought our coverage on STs was poor today.

I thought our coverage on D, especially late, was poor. We never seem to win a 50-50 ball. We are constantly out of position.

I thought our lack of adjustment on O to what Sask's D was doing was very poor by Lapo.

I thought Hall's lack of adjustment to what Sask's O came out and did was also poor.

4 minutes ago, J5V said:

Probably have a bit but I saw that there's plenty of blame to go around.

I thought Nichols was awful but did like that he at least found Tompkins and managed to get him the ball for a TD. The poor throws, INTs, holding the ball too long and the panic in the pocket is not good for a pro QB making his kind of money.

I thought our tackling was poor today. 

I thought our coverage on STs was poor today.

I thought our coverage on D, especially late, was poor. We never seem to win a 50-50 ball. We are constantly out of position.

I thought our lack of adjustment on O to what Sask's D was doing was very poor by Lapo.

I thought Hall's lack of adjustment to what Sask's O came out and did was also poor.

I wonder what Hall thinks of Loffler.  I feel like he's a huge hole in our D and our coverages are designed to cover for his lack of ability in coverage.  It doesn't work.  There's never any support over the top.  At best we go into quarters where in a deep route you are still giving up 1 on 1 matchups.  They have to cheat to the deep routes in their quarter of the field because there's nothing behind them.  Run a slant against that and it's 7-8 yards every time, especially when we blitz Bighill and JSK so much.  That's tough for DB's.   Every play is at best 50-50 if they make a perfect read and get decent position.  Then toss in PI and all that crap.

I wonder if Hall would even start Loffler if it were up to him.  I'd like to see what we could do with a legitimate safety.