Winnipeg 5-5 @ Regina 5-4 Game Day

Mr Dee

Just now, White Out said:

The oversimplification of this post is breathtaking.

Yes, his late game pick was bad. It was Drew Willy Banjo Bowl bad. But we we're quite a long shot to win anyways at that point.

If you feel good about this teams D, I don't know what to tell you. Again, another 2nd half collapse. Totally unreliable secondary. If you think Streveler is going to pass to himself and not drop his own throws, ok sure. But this team is need of a lot more than a simple QB change.

We were within one score despite doing almost nothing via the pass game all day. 

Nichols put us in a hole early. Defense kept us in the game and Nichols and the offense managed to get and carry the lead for a while - and then that was about it for the offensive production for the day.

The defense isn't perfect, but unless you expect them to post zeroes across the board its going to be difficult to win games. "2nd half collapse" would seem to give them more blame, when in reality if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have been in the game at all. In the first, third and fourth quarter today, the offense managed 9 points (3 x 3). Not all of that is on Nichols, obviously, but its pretty clear that he is currently a major issue. 

1 minute ago, White Out said:

Are you related to Hall? The yoga you'll do to defend that **** 2nd half (per usual from our D) is odd.

No. I just think its ridiculous to **** on the D when they gave up 17 points. Our O was awful. Our QB is the real problem.. Not a D who keeps us in it cuz outside of Harris our O doesn't do ****. 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

No. Nope. Nah. Lol, where did you get an idea like that? What do you do during a bomber game? 

Don't drink alcohol, or smoke dope cause, I need to concentrate, so I can help others with my anal-ysis.

I have moved on from being pissed off about the team, so that's one thing. call me a bandwagonner, but I don't expect much anymore.

Edited by Mark F

4 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

We were within one score despite doing almost nothing via the pass game all day. 

Nichols put us in a hole early. Defense kept us in the game and Nichols and the offense managed to get and carry the lead for a while - and then that was about it for the offensive production for the day.

The defense isn't perfect, but unless you expect them to post zeroes across the board its going to be difficult to win games. "2nd half collapse" would seem to give them more blame, when in reality if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have been in the game at all. In the first, third and fourth quarter today, the offense managed 9 points (3 x 3). Not all of that is on Nichols, obviously, but its pretty clear that he is currently a major issue. 

The reality of this team is that the D is fine until the offense completely shuts down and goes 2 and out repeatedly and then it craters.  Even tonight the O went 3 2 and outs in a row in the 4th Q and the D got them back on the field twice, Rider TD on the 3rd drive.  O has to do something.  Even put together 3-4 first downs and flip field position.  D had two big stops on the Riders deep in their end in the second half and we only got FG's out of those.  Need at least one TD, hopefully 2.  I don't know how the D gets blamed for this.  Opposing offenses are going to make some plays, it's the bloody CFL.  There aren't many 10-7 games up here.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

And you want to blame Nichols who should have built up a bigger lead but his receivers couldn't hang on to their passes to save their lives.

14 for 26 for 166 yards, 1td, 2ints and 67 yards passing in the second half and you're defending Matty Iceberg? You would have had difficulties winning a CFL game in the 1950s with those kind of passing stats.

3 minutes ago, White Out said:

And you want to blame Nichols who should have built up a bigger lead but his receivers couldn't hang on to their passes to save their lives.

Well when the QB throws interceptions and basically a pick 6 and completes 50 percent of his passes and touches the ball every O drive.. Yup. Under 200 again? But its always the D right.. Pretty obvious the QB is the issue here. 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The reality of this team is that the D is fine until the offense completely shuts down and goes 2 and out repeatedly and then it craters.  Even tonight the O went 3 2 and outs in a row and the D got them back on the field twice, Rider TD on the 3rd drive.  O has to do something.  Even put together 3-4 first downs and flip field position.  D had two big stops on the Riders deep in their end in the second half and we only got FG's out of those.  Need at least one TD, hopefully 2.  I don't know how the D gets blamed for this.  Opposing offenses are going to make some plays, it's the bloody CFL.  There aren't many 10-7 games up here.

Completely agree with all of it. This defense isn't amazing by any means, but they're containing teams at a decent rate, until they reach a breaking point. I don't think its a coincidence that break point is consistently after the offense fails on several drives.

All of the O'Shea apologists will start coming out of the woodwork now BECAUSE...after all we have the best coach a player could want...There'll be no success on the field BUT hey the players luv him...That'll get you sweet bippy in the end....We're looking for a Cup...Really feel sorry for the fans who give everything to this club...including their cash....and the result is an other dead end

nobody, no matter how much they know, will persuade me that the Bomber's secondary is any good. That play in the endzone, where the Bomber Defender, was it 36 ran straight into the receiver waving his arms, was absolutely laughably bad. 

gave them the ball on the one. basically handed them the game with that play.

As far as I can see these there are about two three players on the entire team, that can play for a whole game.

Right now, The team smells, from top to bottom.

Edited by Mark F

Just now, Goalie said:

Well when the QB throws interceptions and basically a pick 6 and completes 50 percent of his passes and touches the ball every O drive.. Yup. Under 200 again? 

ok lets cool the jets about that late 4th quarter pick. the 1st one is on the receiver who volleyball tipped it to the Riders.

He had a bad game, no doubt. I also don't doubt if the receivers did their jobs we would be a in different place. I'm willing to concede Nichols had a game. But the Nichols hate club is trying to pretend the D was good. I won't abide it.

Just now, White Out said:

ok lets cool the jets about that late 4th quarter pick. the 1st one is on the receiver who volleyball tipped it to the Riders.

He had a bad game, no doubt. I also don't doubt if the receivers did their jobs we would be a in different place. I'm willing to concede Nichols had a game. But the Nichols hate club is trying to pretend the D was good. I won't abide it.

Nobody hates Nichols. Ffs drama queen much? Hes been bad for a year now tho. About time to accept it. 

By no means is this loss all on Nichols, but that's two games in a row where he's had the opportunity to drive the field - and has thrown a backbreaking interception instead.

2 minutes ago, White Out said:

Nichols threw too high on that first pick.