Winnipeg 5-5 @ Regina 5-4 Game Day

Mr Dee

Weirdly, I still feel pretty good about the Bombers other than Matt Nichols. Like, I think this result would be drastically different if they had started or even switched to Chris Streveler.

Nichols burned several possessions by taking terrible sacks. Sure spent a lot of time pointing to where his receivers should be after the play was done, too.

The Riders provide very little offense but rely on their defense to win games. That bodes well for them when Nichols is completing 50% of his passes, throwing for <200 yards and spending most of his game doing almost nothing. If we had even a mediocre passing offense today, I think we win.

1 minute ago, TheSource said:

This is exactly the same thing that happened to Drew Willy and all the other QB's the Bombers have that do not have good mobility and do not have any dangerous receivers.

Bombers have a receiving corps that is entirely comprised of possession receivers and that is because Walters is really goofy. Not finding anyone open when all the entire team does is run 3 yard curls.

He has crippled the Bombers long term with his very goofy drafting practices and lack of ability to scout quality US talent.

Drafting quality starters?  What's goofy about the drafting?  

1 minute ago, Captain Blue said:

Weirdly, I still feel pretty good about the Bombers other than Matt Nichols. Like, I think this result would be drastically different if they had started or even switched to Chris Streveler.

Nichols burned several possessions by taking terrible sacks. Sure spent a lot of time pointing to where his receivers should be after the play was done, too.

The Riders provide very little offense but rely on their defense to win games. That bodes well for them when Nichols is completing 50% of his passes, throwing for <200 yards and spending most of his game doing almost nothing. If we had even a mediocre passing offense today, I think we win.

The oversimplification of this post is breathtaking.

Yes, his late game pick was bad. It was Drew Willy Banjo Bowl bad. But we we're quite a long shot to win anyways at that point.

If you feel good about this teams D, I don't know what to tell you. Again, another 2nd half collapse. Totally unreliable secondary. If you think Streveler is going to pass to himself and not drop his own throws, ok sure. But this team is need of a lot more than a simple QB change.

4 minutes ago, TheSource said:

This is exactly the same thing that happened to Drew Willy and all the other QB's the Bombers have that do not have good mobility and do not have any dangerous receivers.

Bombers have a receiving corps that is entirely comprised of possession receivers and that is because Walters is really goofy. Not finding anyone open when all the entire team does is run 3 yard curls.

He has crippled the Bombers long term with his very goofy drafting practices and lack of ability to scout quality US talent.

Goofy drafting practices. That's as daft as anything Northern Skunk says. 

1 minute ago, White Out said:

Yes, his late game pick was bad. It was Drew Willy Banjo Bowl bad. But we we're quite a long shot to win anyways at that point.

If you feel good about this teams D, I don't know what to tell you. Again, another 2nd half collapse. Totally unreliable secondary. If you think Streveler is going to pass to himself and not drop his own throws, ok sure. But this team is need of a lot more than a simple QB change.

What u want the D to do when the O does nothing all half? Nichols pretty much threw a pick 6 and at the end rushed a bad throw resulting in interception. How is this game on the D at all? We lost by a Nichols interception

Edited by Goalie

Just now, White Out said:

Gotta start somewhere...and lots of reasons to start at the QB position........ it helped Montreal a bit so far

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

All of their big plays aside from the Thigpen TD came on max protection with both Bighill and JSK blitzing.

2 and outs start, whole team craters.  D played fine when we had a reasonable offense.  More worried about figuring out how to make that offense consistent.  Shouldn't be impossible.  Just over 100 yards in offense in the 2nd half.  Can't expect the D to hold a 3 point lead for an entire half with basically no run support.

Agreed, this one is on the offence, 6 second half points, gutless play calling (hand-off on 2nd and 15 from the 35???), Lapo hasn't changed. What a dis-service Harris for racking up 158 yards on the ground. I have lost what little faith I had left in this team of chokers. 

Just now, NorthernSkunk said:

Gotta start somewhere...and lots of reasons to start at the QB position........ it helped Montreal a bit so far

I'd be all for Streveler starting the BB. But that doesn't fix the D or bad coaching. 

The smiling idiot who is our head coach is the one who is in charge of the decision making. He's priority #1 to replace. Hall being 2nd.

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

Drafting quality starters?  What's goofy about the drafting?  

Drafting 10 cdn receivers, when only one or two should ever see the field in a functional CFL offence.

And with the injury to Foketi, now the Bombers are very thin for depth on the O-Line, once again.

At least Taman would get something useful when he traded draft picks. Walters keeps them but makes stupid decisions to waste them, which is actually more harmful to the team.

Addison Richards and Faith Ekakitie were both really bad examples of that. Now drafting all those cdn possession receivers which can never be used effectively other than on the practice roster is another big mistake.

Taman >> Walters

Mack > Walters

1 minute ago, White Out said:

Hold the lead? Is this a serious question?

The O delivered a lead in the 2nd half of the game, and we're in the lead into the 4th. Cmon.

So give up like zero points? Sure. 

2 of sasks TDs were a basically a pick 6 and a punt return. The D gave up 17 points. 

Edited by Goalie

We're not going to win anything with Nichols or O'Shea and his gang of ineptitude....OVER REACTION you say....Look at the record after 5 yrs...the type of play we're seeing (except for Andrew) and we have the perennial loser ...Nobody can deliver on this team WHEN IT COUNTS...and that comes down to coaching, firstly,....secondly player personnel...This club has neither except for a few like Harris and Bighill....You won't win many Cups with a club found wanting like that...

1 minute ago, TheSource said:

Drafting 10 cdn receivers, when only one or two should ever see the field in a functional CFL offence.

And with the injury to Foketi, now the Bombers are very thin for depth on the O-Line, once again.

At least Taman would get something useful when he traded draft picks. Walters keeps them but makes stupid decisions to waste them, which is actually more harmful to the team.

Addison Richards and Faith Ekakitie were both really bad examples of that. Now drafting all those cdn possession receivers which can never be used effectively other than on the practice roster is another big mistake.

Taman >> Walters

Mack > Walters

There once was a guy a couple thousand years ago that missed on his picks as well. Ended up he was killed by his choice.