Will Streveler Be Our James Franklin?

Will Streveler Be Our James Franklin?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Is Streveler Going To Be A Successful Walters Home Grown QB?

• Yes
    • No

40 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

And out of the three Nichols is probably the most nervous about his job.....Streveler An Bennett are both younger and stepped up when needed.  The next few games might even be huger for their resumes....as for Nichols, it's the the old "what have you done for me lately"  scenario........it's going to be interesting...

Nichols has nothing to be nervous about. 

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

The only way Nichols loses the job is if he gets hurt or comes back and looks absolutely terrible.   It's still his team for this season and next....  after that... Streveler time...

The only way Nichols loses the starting job is over this fella's dead body.

fbo_argonauts_blue_bombers_1.jpg

Mike ain't into no ******* mind-games.

Thing too I like about Streveler is when he starts to run when pocket collapses or things break down watch him..he is still looking with eyes down field to make a throw if a guy opens up.

There are going to be some huge plays coming from DB's leaving their guy early to try and compensate for his running and he will use that quick release and and hit his receiver wide open

4 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

And out of the three Nichols is probably the most nervous about his job.....Streveler An Bennett are both younger and stepped up when needed.  The next few games might even be huger for their resumes....as for Nichols, it's the the old "what have you done for me lately"  scenario........it's going to be interesting...

Image result for jean luc picard fail

Nichols will be our starter this year 100% ... next year 75% ... but if the year after comes and Streveler is still doing what he’s doing ... then you have to move on from Nichols. Have to.

Can’t expect Streveler to re-up and bypass NFL deals if you’re not going to give him starter dollars. Keep in mind ... this is a guy that turned down legitimate NFL offers to come here. We will have to open the wallet up for that to happen a second time.

6 hours ago, Mike said:

Nichols will be our starter this year 100% ... next year 75% ... but if the year after comes and Streveler is still doing what he’s doing ... then you have to move on from Nichols. Have to.

Can’t expect Streveler to re-up and bypass NFL deals if you’re not going to give him starter dollars. Keep in mind ... this is a guy that turned down legitimate NFL offers to come here. We will have to open the wallet up for that to happen a second time.

And even if the NFL didn't work out, there will definitely be other CFL teams coming after him ready to give him a starting job, so his options are wide open.

1 hour ago, USABomberfan said:

And even if the NFL didn't work out, there will definitely be other CFL teams coming after him ready to give him a starting job, so his options are wide open.

I expect this narrative to begin this week over on Riders Fans.  "Streveler the solution to all our problems!".  It will continue on for two years running, ending in heartbreak and the triumphant return of Kevin Glenn. 😊

42 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I expect this narrative to begin this week over on Riders Fans.  "Streveler the solution to all our problems!".  It will continue on for two years running, ending in heartbreak and the triumphant return of Kevin Glenn. 😊

Streveler has lots going for him. Talent, physical abilities, terrific player support, chemistry, excellent coaching. He would need to consider that as a young guy he is not in total control of his success. His achievements are partly attributed to 3 of the 5 items mentioned. To obtain his potential, he still needs to be nurtured, which he gets with Buck Pierce and the Bombers. 

Agreed...its Nichols team this yr...I would say/hope open competition next yr if Strev keeps it going and gets better.. Could have issues with salary but we'd be payin the same for the 2 regardless where they slot and I'd be okay with Nichols as a pricey backup

From my perspective the real issue is that if Streveler continues to improve of this season and the next, it is entirely possible that he'll be NFL bound for 2020.  Matt's only 31 which is good, because it's likely that he's going to be needed around here for some time to come, one way or the other.

11 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

From my perspective the real issue is that if Streveler continues to improve of this season and the next, it is entirely possible that he'll be NFL bound for 2020.  Matt's only 31 which is good, because it's likely that he's going to be needed around here for some time to come, one way or the other.

I wouldn't worry about it. He may be NFL bound, but I can't see it being for long. If Bo Levi can't cut it, I can't see Streveler being the one to do it.

Just now, Mike said:

I wouldn't worry about it. He may be NFL bound, but I can't see it being for long. If Bo Levi can't cut it, I can't see Streveler being the one to do it.

Maybe Mike, but BLM didn't have quite the intro that this young man has.  I see, potentially, a higher ceiling for Streveler than Mitchell, so it might be possible that he does stick.  In any case, if he does leave, I sure hope that if he comes back to the CFL it's with us, but I really hope you're right!

21 minutes ago, Mike said:

There's really no telling what would happen if he did.  Some QBs like Jeff Garcia can show the goods for a few years here then go for the big dollars down there and stay long-term.  Others like Hank Burris find out it's not for them and come back.  It'd probably depend on which team he ends up on and all that.

At 6’1”, Strevler is about 3 - 4 inches too short for the prototypical QB in today’s NFL.  

Combine that with going undrafted and a predisposition to giving your own draft picks more opportunity, he will be in tough to get a proper opportunity down South  

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

At 6’1”, Strevler is about 3 - 4 inches too short for the prototypical QB in today’s NFL.  

Combine that with going undrafted and a predisposition to giving your own draft picks more opportunity, he will be in tough to get a proper opportunity down South  

It must be the height because with his athletic ability, speed, and overall throwing ability it’s amazing he didn’t get a serious look down south. Small college or not.