Will Streveler Be Our James Franklin?

Will Streveler Be Our James Franklin?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Is Streveler Going To Be A Successful Walters Home Grown QB?

• Yes
    • No

Yeah Streveler  is too much of a fighter to roll over when things get tough. May not be perfect all the time but his attitude is the right one. Just tough to be a rookie qb when the D is not doing a single thing to help you and your offensive coordinator can't figure out what kind of plays to call against the D you are facing. 

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

I only watched the 4th quarter but I was glad to see Streveler play with some fire in his eyes at the end.   He was not like the long list of defensive players who looked completely defeated and hopeless out on the field after being down by 21.        

Fixed that for you.

He is a another weapon in the Lapo's tool box. In those short yardage situations defenses have to play against keeper, the pass and that flow along line to get to the outside run. Then the hurry up after the conversion is fit perfectly for him. Just more that opposing coordinators have to plan for during the week.

35 minutes ago, do or die said:

Having Streveler and Harris in the backfield together.....in make able 2nd situations, opens up plenty of opportunities.

There's also a guy named Flanders who is languishing on the 6.

I just re-watched a game with him playing from last year, and forgot about what a weapon he is...a much stronger runner than Demski.

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm fairly sure that's the only game he's caught a ball in. as in 3 out of 4 he hasn't caught anything.

My bad .. misread that :)

That said, just went back and checked .. also snagged a couple in the Hamilton game.  You have to take receiver usage with a grain of salt .. we had a rookie behind centre and a guy who wasn't projected to be our starter, he's going to spread it around a bit differently than Nichols would.  That said, I'm thrilled that no single receiver is dominating targets.  Make the offense that much harder to defend.

Edited by voodoochylde
L'il Update

7 hours ago, Fraser said:

Bowman

Imo we will see thompkins pretty soon for bowman. I think the flanders era is slowly slipping away. Lafrance and demski give us the depth at rb, especially with augustine on the PR. combine that with the depth of our offensive weapons now and I dont think we carry a DI just to use as a diversion. Teams wont bite on a low usage sub for long.