Will Streveler Be Our James Franklin?

Will Streveler Be Our James Franklin?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Is Streveler Going To Be A Successful Walters Home Grown QB?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Getting Franklin is looking like the best off season deal the Argos could have made.

IF he pans out.  Course they knew they would have to make way for the next QB quick anyway because even if Ricky Ray hadn't gotten injured, they knew he still was very close to retirement and Matthews and Fajardo in the time they were given both stunk.  We'll find out shortly if Franklin lives up to his billing, but it was a risk they had to take.

5 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

Mcleod Bethel Thompson has shown well too ... so a short rope for Franklin

Well, Trestman has to take the training wheels off the offense first though and give Franklin I'd say at least a good 3 or 4 games to see what he can do.  If he's a no-go, then MBT might get a shot.

Edited by USABomberfan

1 minute ago, USABomberfan said:

Well, Trestman has to take the training wheels off the offense first though and give Franklin I'd say at least a good 3 or 4 games to see what he can do.  If he's a no-no, then MBT might get a shot.

If they are losing and the offense is sagging MBT could find his way in by mid 3rd Q!

I might not say that the job was handed to Franklin, but the Argos made a substantial investment in him by getting him right before the trade deadline ended and securing his early rights.  I'd say with that deal done they'll give him a very good amount of leeway to try and get the job done.  Now, if in these next few weeks he absolutely stinks up the joint, then MBT might get a crack at it.  I won't say that TO will all the sudden start winning lights out with Franklin, but I think he'll do an adequate enough job to hang onto his spot.

On 2018-06-24 at 1:52 AM, Mike said:

Nichols will be our starter this year 100% ... next year 75% ... but if the year after comes and Streveler is still doing what he’s doing ... then you have to move on from Nichols. Have to.

Can’t expect Streveler to re-up and bypass NFL deals if you’re not going to give him starter dollars. Keep in mind ... this is a guy that turned down legitimate NFL offers to come here. We will have to open the wallet up for that to happen a second time.

I really hope it plays out like this but if his trajectory stays on the path it is... NFL will be knocking on his door sooner then later.  size, athleticism,  smarts and head in the right place..  plus great arm. 

Dunno how they dont.. dunno how we keep him in the CFL.

57 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Hate to say it...but judging by how he looks tonight it reminds me of a few years ago when Drew Willy went on a run...and then...

Yikes!

I think Streveler is better than that.  His numbers may have been low but he kept fighting and even when down 21 was trying to will the team back to win.  Really can't blame him when Chungh and whoever else that was committed those back breaking penalties and Dressler had 2 uncharacteristic drops.  He had it a bit too easy last week against the sad sack Montreal team and was going to have an off week sooner or later.  I'm not too worried about his confidence going forward though.