Will Streveler Be Our James Franklin?

Will Streveler Be Our James Franklin?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Is Streveler Going To Be A Successful Walters Home Grown QB?

• Yes
    • No

54 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'm having flashbacks of the dark years where Burke would say "Everything looked good and we are almost there just need to make minor tweaks".....

Back in the mid 70's, Blue Bombers Head Coach Bud Riley used to infuriate Bomber fans in interviews by saying we played well but had a "few mental errors" that cost us the game. Riley said that all the time. I'm sure Bob Irving would remember that if asked. So much so that whenever Dieter Brock threw a pick, Jay Washington fumbled or Harry Walters whiffed on a tackle the fans in the stands at Winnipeg Stadium would start yelling, "Mental errors, Bud?" What Alex Ross said reminds me of that. It was like he was saying that he did okay but made a few mental errors. Eliminate the mental errors, Alex. This is your last shot.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

I believe MBT left of his own accord rather than being cut by the Bombers.

mmm listed as cut idk if he requested to be released. 

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

He was another of those guys with a big arm that everyone fawns over right?

🙄 you seem to be the one most interested in peoples arms... He doesnt lack any physical passing tool. Accuracy, touch, strength etc. He had and has a complete lack of experience playing above the HS level. 90% of his action out side of one (partial?) year at college is pre season action in the nfl and cfl. 

* about one years worth of games spread over 4 seasons and two college teams.

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

MBT looked like garbage for the Argos. 

Another on a long list of overrated players. 

looked bad last year in brief action for them. this tc and pre season he has been on fire. 

2 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

The ones to Myles were dropped but there were about three or four under thrown.

too many people think that if a wr can dive fully lay out and touch a ball with the tips of one finger its easily catchable. 

2 hours ago, tracker said:

On 1290 radio today, Ross stated that, upon reviewing the game film, he felt that he wasn't that far off a good performance. Just has to tweak a couple of things- we shall see.

game of inches. you always lose by small margins at many points through out the game. The big finish after is what people remember, a bad call a missed play but every team that loses had atleast 10 plays earlier in the game where they could have changed the out come. 

Edited by wbbfan

23 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

too many people think that if a wr can dive fully lay out and touch a ball with the tips of one finger its easily catchable. 

Not the case here they were right at him and he dropped them.

27 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

mmm listed as cut idk if he requested to be released. 

He was brought in when the practice roster expanded but was released when the 30 day window closed.  He was still on our neg list though because we traded his rights to Toronto.

4 hours ago, tracker said:

On 1290 radio today, Ross stated that, upon reviewing the game film, he felt that he wasn't that far off a good performance. Just has to tweak a couple of things- we shall see.

I don't like Ross's explanation. Not far off of a good game? He was 1 for 8. That's far from being close to a good performance. He better show he belongs.  

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't like Ross's explanation. Not far off of a good game? He was 1 for 8. That's far from being close to a good performance. He better show he belongs.  

I actually agree with him. He was making the correct reads just couldn't deliver the ball...which is obviously the most important part. But he wouldn't be at this level if he didn't have a good arm. I'm willing to see what he does Friday before writing him off completely.

5 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I actually agree with him. He was making the correct reads just couldn't deliver the ball...which is obviously the most important part. But he wouldn't be at this level if he didn't have a good arm. I'm willing to see what he does Friday before writing him off completely.

In my experiences, the guys who go 1 for 8 and say they didn't think they played badly are usually the guys you don't end up wanting around.

We'll see how he does this week.

45 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Vernon Adams. Walters has to get this guy if Nichols is out any length of time. 

Adams has an 'Upper Body' injury that's keeping him out of practice, making him the wrong guy to bring in if we need someone right away.

His 'experience' is 7 games, 43 of 78, for 583 yards. A bit better than Ross, but not that much.

2 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Adams has an 'Upper Body' injury that's keeping him out of practice, making him the wrong guy to bring in if we need someone right away.

His 'experience' is 7 games, 43 of 78, for 583 yards. A bit better than Ross, but not that much.

Hard to stay positive. This is the worst case scenario. Nightmare.

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Depends on the severity.  No matter who we bring in I’m expecting they won’t start until maybe the Hamilton game. Good thing we have Montreal in week 2.  Should be able to split the first two games with whomever.

10 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

In my experiences, the guys who go 1 for 8 and say they didn't think they played badly are usually the guys you don't end up wanting around.

We'll see how he does this week.

I think the guys shows some confidence and that is important.  An interception during a game would not rattle him.  BC must have seen something in him. 

Tonight will be huge for Streveler for sure.  Season is already an uphill climb and we probably won't be able to lift a proven veteran in here barring Edmonton being willing to part with Glenn or Hamilton willing to look our way in the Adams trade.

But if we're out of the mix on either of those, I gotta think Streveler will be our relief pitcher turned temporary starter.  So long as Nichols isn't out more than 6 weeks, if Streve can win even half of those games, we're in good shape.  I definitely think it's put up good numbers or be demoted for Ross tonight.

On 2018-06-06 at 8:51 PM, TBURGESS said:

i hadnt heard he is injured. 

Adams isnt a stop gap back up. He is a very high upside prospect with two training camps in the cfl under his belt. Enough seasoning to be tested. He is a guy you pick up and keep to groom as well not a rental. 

If we get him, great. Love the talent good fit not a crazy deal and he pushes streveler. If we dont, No big deal. Streveler + bennett behind nichols in a few weeks will be fine. 

13 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Even though Ross is getting his chances and doing a little better tonight, I still think any slight play better by Streveler and I'd start our rookie against Edmonton next week.

I would expect Ross to start against the Esks, but on a short leash.

It's likely QB by committee until Nichols returns.  And yeah I agree, Ross should have a very short leash and get demoted quick because I really am much more if a believer in Bennett or Streveler.

I know Ross had a higher completion percentage than Bennett and Streveler that last preseason game, but I think he lacks their mental toughness.  Streveler went from a 100℅ completion rate against Edmonton to a 33℅, but that TD pass he threw there in a game that was otherwise going all bad for us at least showed me he's a fighter who won't quit when things are down.