Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

30 minutes ago, Mike said:

Little bit surprised a guy who loves players with versatility and is always coming up with ideas to flex guys from one spot to another wouldn't be a big fan of a guy like Fenner but let's be real here, he's going to be a very solid player for us.

I'm not really too concerned with where we have guys slotted in at the moment ... between JSK, Bighill, Fenner, Loffler and Leggett that's a whole world of versatility where you could have guys all over the place.

I’m a big fan of Fenner at SAM

saying he’s the best in the league is a bit premature

I honestly don't think Duron plays D this year. He's just to valuable of a REC. If he does it will be great news for every other team and as an oc I'd  run sweets his way as much as possible and let him try to take on some hogs.

Edited by Bigblue204

4 hours ago, Booch said:

http://3downnation.com/2018/05/28/duron-carter-tsns-derek-taylor-fired-wack-ass-stats/

What a ******....and if I was Roosevelt....I would be none too pleased with that reaction...what a team guy eh?...so sick of his schtick

Man I really hope Saskatchewan burns just to watch Carter self destruct and take everyone down with him. 

5 hours ago, Booch said:

http://3downnation.com/2018/05/28/duron-carter-tsns-derek-taylor-fired-wack-ass-stats/

What a ******....and if I was Roosevelt....I would be none too pleased with that reaction...what a team guy eh?...so sick of his schtick

They missed two key pieces of Duron’s stats....  He has blazing (2 bags of weed) speed and his defence (lawyer) is impeccable.

Edited by ALuCsRED

17 hours ago, Zontar said:

With an undisclosed injury to Vernon Adams Manziel vaults into second string. His upward trajectory, mirage or not, has been compelling.

What are your honest thoughts on Manziel?  Do you think he will play? How do you think he will do?  Do you think he is taking this seriously? 

2 minutes ago, Ripper said:

What are your honest thoughts on Manziel?  Do you think he will play? How do you think he will do?  Do you think he is taking this seriously? 

He will play. Jones will get him in there. First time Masoli falls behind and misses an open receiver, the plug will be pulled. I'm not convinced Manziel will do that well but he may do enough to get another shot at the NFL. As long as he doesn't get in trouble, he'll get another chance. 

20 minutes ago, JCon said:

He will play. Jones will get him in there. First time Masoli falls behind and misses an open receiver, the plug will be pulled. I'm not convinced Manziel will do that well but he may do enough to get another shot at the NFL. As long as he doesn't get in trouble, he'll get another chance. 

Plus, if anyone in the CFL can get him to take this seriously, it's June Jones. He and Testman have the most name recognition down south. Plus, June's connection with college football in Texas will likely garner extra respect.

I think we'll see

John II over Jeremiah viii.

soon.

TSN and owners across the league are probably hoping for that.

Johnny's college fans  just in Texas would probably increase viewership by ten percent.

Edited by Mark F

19 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I hope we have more snaps with legitimate safety(ies) over the top when we play match zones.  Pretty sick of one guy getting beat and giving up huge plays.  Part of that last year was also ineffective blitzing.

I'm no expert on defenses... but I feel like Loffler spent a lot of time in the box filling in for other players deficiencies last year... With Bighill and JSK on the field I feel that Loffler will be able to play a more true free safety role...

8 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I'm no expert on defenses... but I feel like Loffler spent a lot of time in the box filling in for other players deficiencies last year... With Bighill and JSK on the field I feel that Loffler will be able to play a more true free safety role...

I felt the same thing but I am too lazy to try and breakdown the video to prove the point plus you can't see the whole field at one time to see what's actually going on.

Much of it his fault but since he hasnt been playing his detractors have dictated the conversation and created the impression of a washed up, selfish jerk. By all accounts, even 3rddownnation whom invested a lot in the jerk theory, have had to admit he hasnt been.

All evidence points to Manziel doing the necessary things a QB hopeful has to do to progress.

Impossible to predict what he will do when lights come on. But if he flops it wont be from a lack of desire.

HAM has it tough out of the gate and many are assuming losses could pile up but until I see exactly how good or bad they are I wont pr3dict when Manziel gets to play

1 hour ago, Fan Boy said:

I felt the same thing but I am too lazy to try and breakdown the video to prove the point plus you can't see the whole field at one time to see what's actually going on.

That was a major issue...you guys seen right...Loffler was basically brought up to the box most of the time and we had no over the top coverage, or any coverage from a free safety reading the play and flowing to the ball to bust things up...and with 2 rookies on the field we got exploited as just from sheer inexperience they weren't able to recognize things. 

If you look at lots of game video it almost looks a lot like we were playing wit 2 corners and a free and strong safety...not a recipe for success up here, and hence all the big plays and times guys were wide open in the deep third up the middle.

With Biggie here now...Loffler can return to what he was doing in year 0ne...thank christ

Following a day off the field on Monday, the Saskatchewan Roughriders returned to the Griffiths Stadium turf on Tuesday to being the second week of 2018 Training Camp, and Day 10.

👁‍🗨 Notably, none of the players were wearing helmets, but rather towels, on their heads..😜

👁‍🗨Huh?

Rookie corner back Nick Marshall, who recorded an interception against the Eskimos, took a handful of reps at QB on Tuesday and looked impressive. He threw a deep spiral to WR Caleb Holley which would’ve set up an 80-yard touchdown, but Holley dropped the ball.

- Regarding looking at Marshall at quarterback, Jones said, “Well he led the nation in rushing so we’ll just take a look at him.”

😮