Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

47 minutes ago, Floyd said:

All depends on how things play out - I don't think we signed Clarke, Gaitor, Roh and Fenner as backups...  then Bowman, Lafrance, Demski on offence

Moved on from two of our Canadians and two 2017 all-stars

So two new HBs, new CB, SAM, DE, SB, possible RB/SB types... new full-time MLB and LG 

Flipped the ratio to offence in a major way - I'm not against it but it is interesting how much change we may be facing

I don't think that is really all that uncommon anymore. Last year there was at least 5 new starters on D (Nevis, poop, oko, jeffcoat, Alexander). And what 3 on Offence. It's just the way the CFL is now. The core is still there. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

I don't think that is really all that uncommon anymore. Last year there was at least 5 new starters on D (Nevis, poop, oko, jeffcoat, Alexander). And what 3 on Offence. It's just the way the CFL is now. The core is still there. 

Can include walker and Carmichael too... however okpo/Jeffcoat and poop/Nevis we’re kind of just one position

maybe it won’t happen but to me it looks like we’re poised to see completely new looks on O and D...  

3 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

You can include every team in the league. Everyone is rolling trough a bunch of new starters.

I agree actually... this could be the new reality of one year contracts 

calgary is still following their course - cutting vets... probably the least ‘blown up’

i might argue that sask is being accidentally blown up

but yes more change league wide than previous years

34 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I agree actually... this could be the new reality of one year contracts 

calgary is still following their course - cutting vets... probably the least ‘blown up’

i might argue that sask is being accidentally blown up

but yes more change league wide than previous years

Football is also a higher turn over sport. Guys from college are more ready to play and have a big impact right away compared to most sports. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Football is also a higher turn over sport. Guys from college are more ready to play and have a big impact right away compared to most sports. 

I guess this is my point - we have significant positions changing before any recruitment surprised or vet TC cuts 

55 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Oh ffs... 

http://3downnation.com/2018/02/25/henoc-muamba-visits-montreal-alouettes/

Henoc Muamba visits Montreal Alouettes

Posted on February 25, 2018 by Justin Dunk // 2 Comments

Henoc Muamba took a trip the La Belle Province.

The ratio-breaking Canadian linebacker spent time meeting Alouettes coaches and seeing the facilities last week.

And the 2018 Great Canadian Henoc Tour has begun... 

I guess Muamba is worth waiting for

3downnation  

"Overall Muamba has played in 73 career games since Winnipeg selected him No. 1 overall in the 2011 CFL Draft. He has recorded 267 tackles, 74 special teams tackles, 11 forced fumbles, six sacks, four interceptions and one touchdown."

Edited by Mark F