When do we fire Richie Hall?

BigBlue

When do we show Hall the door?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. When do we show Hall the door?

• Immediately and decisively; before Grey cup week
    • Immediately after the Grey cup; thoughtfully
    • Before Christmas - - let's not torture the man
    • In January before the free agent deadline in February; let's make sure we can find somebody better first
    • Later in the spring when we are sure we have found somebody who will accept the job
    • No, let's re up him to another 3 year contract with a big bonus
    • Other: no swearwords please

21 minutes ago, J5V said:

If we got an MLB through FA does that mean we keep Hall or is he gone under any circumstances?

I think Hurl is a bit of a scapegoat for Hall. I would prefer that neither is back. 

Hurl didn't make Hall's defence poor. But, Hurl didn't execute when needed. 

A better MLB would not make the Hall defence much better. 

Hurl does not perform much better in a different defence. 

2 hours ago, JCon said:

I think Hurl is a bit of a scapegoat for Hall. I would prefer that neither is back. 

Hurl didn't make Hall's defence poor. But, Hurl didn't execute when needed. 

A better MLB would not make the Hall defence much better. 

Hurl does not perform much better in a different defence. 

How about a two for one special in turfing?

33 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

With Santos-Knox in the house, Walters will have a hard time justifying Wild's pay cheque.

Wild is a FA no? Wild is going to have a hard time coming close to what he was making before IMO, too many injuries. Still a damned good player but he's gotta take a hair cut based on all the time he's missed. 

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Wild is a FA no? Wild is going to have a hard time coming close to what he was making before IMO, too many injuries. Still a damned good player but he's gotta take a hair cut based on all the time he's missed. 

Yep, he's a F.A..  Unless they intend to move Santos to MLB which I think there is potential, I can't really see the need for Wild as a rotational player.

For those who can't read behind the pay wall, Doug points out that the coaching page for Richie Hall and Marty Costello now point to "Page Not Found" errors,  while all other links for coaches are working, wondering if this implies the two coaches have been let go.

https://www.bluebombers.com/richie-hall/

He then goes on to suggest that O'Shea should be the next Defensive Coordinator even though he has never been a DC before....

8 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

That isn't even the right link. Go to Team > Coaching Staff, click on Richie Hall:

https://www.bluebombers.com/football-operations/richie-hall/

The other link was what was linked to on this page as of this morning https://www.bluebombers.com/football-operations/

They must have fixed it after Doug's article came out.

2 minutes ago, pigseye said:

If I'm a DC, potentially coming to Winnipeg, and I see what I have to work with here, do I really want to come? Unless I can have cart blanche to rebuild it how I want.

Huh?  Assuming we re-sign most of our FAs...

All stars left and right. Maybe the best group of dlinemen?

Need to replace Hurl and Leggett.  

15 minutes ago, JCon said:

Huh?  Assuming we re-sign most of our FAs...

All stars left and right. Maybe the best group of dlinemen?

Need to replace Hurl and Leggett.

Leggett?  How come?  did I miss something??   I thought he wanted to be back here and we wanted him back..

12 minutes ago, JCon said:

I'm just being realistic. He's older and coming off of a very serious injury. I don't even think he'll be ready for June.

fair enough.. It is a pretty serious injury, no doubt.  If anyone has the grit and determination though, its Moe.  I expect he will be back and ready to rumble but very true, the time frame may not line up.. I hope we don't low ball him though on contract discussions.. worst case ontario, he signs and then is cut at the worst case because he isn't medically cleared.