When do we fire Richie Hall?

BigBlue

When do we show Hall the door?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. When do we show Hall the door?

• Immediately and decisively; before Grey cup week
    • Immediately after the Grey cup; thoughtfully
    • Before Christmas - - let's not torture the man
    • In January before the free agent deadline in February; let's make sure we can find somebody better first
    • Later in the spring when we are sure we have found somebody who will accept the job
    • No, let's re up him to another 3 year contract with a big bonus
    • Other: no swearwords please

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

Hall has been DC for three years and the D has been an issue for three years. When do we realize its him and make a change?

Is it him though? The defensive backfield has been a revolving door outside of Randall and Leggett, as has the defensive line outside of Westerman.... Come to think of it the other 2 linebackers have had tons of changes too. 

Perhaps the big problem is that this team can't settle on players on D? 

31 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Is it him though? The defensive backfield has been a revolving door outside of Randall and Leggett, as has the defensive line outside of Westerman.... Come to think of it the other 2 linebackers have had tons of changes too. 

Perhaps they've had a rotation because the scheme doesn't work and the DC can't adjust and coach up players.

its becoming a chicken or the egg scenario for sure... is it the talent?  we seem to be cycling thru players at 3 key spots really (d-line, LB and secondary) without much continued success..

or is it the defense making these players look lost, bad and getting beat?   I really hope we can come to some form of conclusion in the off-season and just freakin' fix it.

On 12/1/2017 at 12:41 PM, JCon said:

Claybrooks: But why would he leave? We already have an OC - Assistant HC in Lapo. Can't give Claybrooks the same Assistant HC title or it truly becomes meaningless.

I'm not sure about Thorpe.

Id take tim burke back in a heart beat as a DC. 

Atm I think the best chance at a dcor is to find a great positional coach on the rise. 

As an aside If i was looking for a def positional coach, especially lb or db id give reinbold a look. Not the most popular coach from our past, and not some one id look at as a CO atm. But hes an excellent teacher and motivator. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Id take tim burke back in a heart beat as a DC. 

Atm I think the best chance at a dcor is to find a great positional coach on the rise. 

As an aside If i was looking for a def positional coach, especially lb or db id give reinbold a look. Not the most popular coach from our past, and not some one id look at as a CO atm. But hes an excellent teacher and motivator. 

you wanna see a lynching?  Because that is how you cause a lynching..

what if we get hall and hurl both back?

and Hurl wins starting job in training camp?

lol.

not impossible.:D

This is where the Bombers are behind a bit of an 8 ball; I wonder if  our group has any connections for a decent American Defensive coordinator.

Otherwise we are picking over the CFL leftovers, promoting a guy who hasn't been a coordinator, or staying with Hall.

:lol:

Edited by Mark F

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

lol.

This is where the Bombers are behind a bit of an 8 ball; I wonder if  our group has any connections for a decent American Defensive coordinator.

That means picking over the CFL leftovers, or staying with Hall.

well not to sound like an idiot but what did Hurl's placement in the defense have to do with us getting all those explosive plays?  Some (but very few) happened to come thru the middle but the majority were broken plays, missed tackles and poor execution..

**not that I am advocating keeping Hall OR Hurl in anyway, shape or form... just devil's advocate**

5 minutes ago, Mark F said:

lol.

Otherwise we are picking over the CFL leftovers, promoting a guy who hasn't been a coordinator, or staying with Hall.

At 1 point... Thorpe Claybrooks and name him werent coordinators either. 

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

At 1 point... Thorpe Claybrooks and name him werent coordinators either. 

Of course. there could be a great coach in the league ready for this job.

I'm just saying it is very tricky, and they have to get it right this time.

I mean to say....I don't have a clue what they should do. I think they are in a tight spot.

But the team is  ready to win the whole thing if they get it right.

Edited by Mark F

At this point i would love to have a competent and experienced DC... I don't was thr to go through the growing pains of another rookie coach... we just went through the growing pains of pres. Gm and HC and i qould be arsed if ww did that again with coordinators.

But thw reality slapping us in the face is ww might have to gp rookie at DC... if so... get thw up an comer.  Pretty much what goalie said.

1 hour ago, SPuDS said:

well not to sound like an idiot but what did Hurl's placement in the defense have to do with us getting all those explosive plays?  Some (but very few) happened to come thru the middle but the majority were broken plays, missed tackles and poor execution..

**not that I am advocating keeping Hall OR Hurl in anyway, shape or form... just devil's advocate**

Really SPuDS? C'mon Man. We were run to death. We gave up yards on the ground & in the air with a MLB who did a great job just diving into the DL. MOS said he did a great job being a plugger. If he made a tackle it's because the opposition running back ran right into him as  he happened to be there at the time. 

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Hall has been DC for three years and the D has been an issue for three years. When do we realize its him and make a change?

Hall tried to resign last year due to poor health, if his health issues haven't improved or have actually gotten worse I can't see him having the stamina to coach another year.

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

lol.

Don't you know there are no decent American coaches? ^_^

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Uh, what about Loffler and Heath...? <_<

And the secondary across the board blew coverage and missed assignments at times this season. It wasn't just limited to rookies making those mistakes. Obviously, having no MLB didn't help but it seems pretty obvious pass coverage was a weakness for this defense all season, despite some strong talent in the secondary.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Uh, what about Loffler and Heath...? <_<

And the secondary across the board blew coverage and missed assignments at times this season. It wasn't just limited to rookies making those mistakes. Obviously, having no MLB didn't help but it seems pretty obvious pass coverage was a weakness for this defense all season, despite some strong talent in the secondary.

Both Loffler and Heath came in last season right? Started without them 2 years ago, they're part of the constant shake ups. They're good players don't get me wrong, but it took a while to settle on them back there as well.