When do we fire Richie Hall?

BigBlue

When do we show Hall the door?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. When do we show Hall the door?

• Immediately and decisively; before Grey cup week
    • Immediately after the Grey cup; thoughtfully
    • Before Christmas - - let's not torture the man
    • In January before the free agent deadline in February; let's make sure we can find somebody better first
    • Later in the spring when we are sure we have found somebody who will accept the job
    • No, let's re up him to another 3 year contract with a big bonus
    • Other: no swearwords please

Maybe Hall has simply been doing what he's told to do by O'Shea. all along.

minimum, what he's doing, has been approved by O'Shea, I would think.

Hard to accept that the head coach would  allow a coordinator to just do whatever he wanted, specially when it worked so poorly.

Can't really fire Hall for that can you?

I think he''ll be back. Booch said that was ok, if we get a decent middle linebacker. so I too am ok with it.

Nah to the last sentence.

Edited by Mark F

16 minutes ago, Mark F said:

I think he''ll be back. Booch said that was ok, if we get a decent middle linebacker. so I too am ok with it.

This was the conversation last off-season - Bass took the fall for Richie Hall and there was all this blah blah about a 'real' MLB - implying a 6'+ 240lb thumper - instead we got Sam Hurl.

My concern is that we'll finally get a middle linebacker... and the new problem will be SAM - I could absolutely see Kevin Fogg penciled in at SAM for Game 1

Leggett, Heath and Randle carry this defence - without them in Hall's D, this is a losing team...  with them, its a playoff game losing team...  

Richie Hall is a big reason free agents want to come to Winnipeg. A few free agent additions in February will have fans smiling again!

I'm just trying to figure out which FA signings he is referring to...?  Sam Hurl, Corvey Irvin...?  

Im sure Westerman signing began long before Hall arrived

I don't think we'll attract another big name DT after Cummings and Nevis stats completely dropped off.

Bombers have let a lot more free agents walk from D than they have signed - complete opposite story from the offence...

13 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

If I were you, I wouldn’t quote Steve Morley for anything you want to be meaningful. I liked Morley as a player, but as someone who “knows” what he’s talking about, you might as well listen to a Rider fan. 

Morley gave me a candy once so he is A OK in my books. 

16 hours ago, Floyd said:

Richie Hall is a big reason free agents want to come to Winnipeg. A few free agent additions in February will have fans smiling again!

I'm just trying to figure out which FA signings he is referring to...?  Sam Hurl, Corvey Irvin...?  

I don't think we'll attract another big name DT after Cummings and Nevis stats completely dropped off.

Bombers have let a lot more free agents walk from D than they have signed - complete opposite story from the offence...

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking the additions he's speaking of are yet to come. As in this up coming FA/February. And no one has walked yet, as FA starts in FEB not Nov 26th.

Well it is now Jan 1 2018 and Richie Hall still seems to be employed by the Bombers as their DC! I have a bad feeling that he will continue in that roll in 2018. And with Sam Hurl as our MLB - just not that enthused about 2018 as far as the Bombers chances are concerned. Hope I am 100% wrong but guess time will tell.

1 hour ago, BBRT said:

Well it is now Jan 1 2018 and Richie Hall still seems to be employed by the Bombers as their DC! I have a bad feeling that he will continue in that roll in 2018. And with Sam Hurl as our MLB - just not that enthused about 2018 as far as the Bombers chances are concerned. Hope I am 100% wrong but guess time will tell.

It is Jan 1st so if a firing was coming it wouldn't today. If a firing was coming. If... a... firing was coming. If a firing... was coming. If. A. Firing. Was. Coming.  Sigh.

2 hours ago, BBRT said:

Sam Hurl is our MLB?

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It is Jan 1st so if a firing was coming it wouldn't today. If a firing was coming. If... a... firing was coming. If a firing... was coming. If. A. Firing. Was. Coming.  Sigh.

What's wrong with firing someone on Jan 1? Just took a look at the NFL today and looks like 4 or so were turfed today (or maybe yesterday before midnight etc.) Good a day as any to get a new DC IMHO! :)

7 minutes ago, BBRT said:

What's wrong with firing someone on Jan 1? Just took a look at the NFL today and looks like 4 or so were turfed today (or maybe yesterday before midnight etc.) Good a day as any to get a new DC IMHO! :)

Black Monday is expected down there. The NFL media just circles the carcasses after the season is done. Canadians are just so damned nice. 

While past performance is not indicative of future results, Bellefeuille  was let go in November, Etch in December and Tracy during the season.  I'm thinking that if Hall was going, he be gone by now.  The only way that this isn't the case might be if they're chasing someone in the states who's season isn't over.  I'd bet fairly good money that Hall's back, and this time... it's personal.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Sam Hurl is our MLB?

I don't see it - I think Richie Hall survives but Sam Hurl doesn't...  already looks like Bombers are going 3 NI OL

Unless Mark Nelson is available, I'd give Hall another season - preferably with Santos-Knox/Sherritt/Leggett or something like that... 

Although Loffler/S-K/Leggett would be fine with me...  maybe Jones or a free agent signing at S

Just now, WBBFanWest said:

While past performance is not indicative of future results, Bellefeuille  was let go in November, Etch in December and Tracy during the season.  I'm thinking that if Hall was going, he be gone by now.  The only way that this isn't the case might be if they're chasing someone in the states who's season isn't over.  I'd bet fairly good money that Hall's back, and this time... it's personal.

I can only imagine how ugly it's going to get in 2018 with fans & media if Hall stays & our defense sucks again. 

1 minute ago, WBBFanWest said:

Of course you can only imagine.  It hasn't happened yet.

Survey says.... it will. Based on past performance. Why should next season be any different? Hall coaches a certain way with his own defensive philosophy. IF MOS & Walters want him to change than they might as well have fired him as he won't.

On 12/26/2017 at 7:44 PM, Floyd said:

Hall was hired on Jan. 20th and Westerman was signed May 7th - in 2015.

And who have the Bombers "let" walk so far...? Free agency isn't for another month and a half.

6 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Hall was hired on Jan. 20th and Westerman was signed May 7th - in 2015.

And who have the Bombers "let" walk so far...? Free agency isn't for another month and a half.

You seriously dug through posts and quoted me from Dec 26th to disagree with me..... hahaha

Chasing guys like Westerman begins 6-12 months before anything happens - Its safe to say Jamaal Westerman did not sign here because he thinks Hall is the best DC in the league...

Just now, Floyd said:

You seriously dug through posts and quoted me from Dec 26th to disagree with me..... hahaha

Chasing guys like Westerman begins 6-12 months before anything happens - Its safe to say Jamaal Westerman did not sign here because he thinks Hall is the best DC in the league...

It's New Year's Day, so I perused through some threads. It seemed worthwhile to point out the fact Hall was hired well before Westerman was signed, despite whatever speculative narrative you want to run with here.

There's no need to get defensive. It's a new year. :)

4 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

It's New Year's Day, so I perused through some threads. It seemed worthwhile to point out the fact Hall was hired well before Westerman was signed, despite whatever speculative narrative you want to run with here.

There's no need to get defensive. It's a new year. :)

Merely an observation...  no need to warp my response now is there...