Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

12 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I thought Earl of Sandwich was the competition granted there's only one location in Winnipeg, I think there's only one Mr.Sub left

Jimmy John's and Jersey Mike's are massive chains that will take a lot of Subway's business. Both places offer a much better product IMO.

We've gone to Jimmy John's a few times in the States and I absolutely can't understand how that place stays in business?    When we went the sandwiches were not customizable and it was extremely bland comparable to the shrink wrapped dried out sandwiches you would find at 7-11.        

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

We've gone to Jimmy John's a few times in the States and I absolutely can't understand how that place stays in business?    

I agree that Jimmy John's sucks ass from a quality perspective but they get your sandwiches out fast.  when I was working my worst job and had regular days fulla meetings that five minute turnaround time was sometimes the difference between eating and not.

1 hour ago, WinnipegGordo said:
  • Baraka Pita Bakery – Feb 23 – Rodents, dirty restaurant

Even more reason to check out Ramallah or Le Saj.    Yikes.  

43 minutes ago, iHeart said:

Who had the McRib returning to McDonalds at all Canadian locations on their bingo card?

Not I ,  it's disgusting.      What McD's needs to do is bring back the Hockey Hero Sub from the late 90's.  

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Not I ,  it's disgusting.      What McD's needs to do is bring back the Hockey Hero Sub from the late 90's.  

I don't remember that at all.....and besides the only way that can happen is if they partner with the NHL again (I'm still old enough to remember when they still had hockey cards)

3 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I don't remember that at all.....and besides the only way that can happen is if they partner with the NHL again (I'm still old enough to remember when they still had hockey cards)

Man I feel old watching that commercial :(   

31 minutes ago, iHeart said:

Why on Earth would they need to partner with the NHL to re-launch a burger??

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

Why on Earth would they need to partner with the NHL to re-launch a burger??

wasn't McD's more associated with the NHL in the 90s? even if they could relaunch it they'll probably call it something else unless Trademark says no

Edited by iHeart

Just now, iHeart said:

wasn't McD's more associated with the NHL in the 90s?

Sure, but it's not like Hockey Hero Burger is an NHL trademark. 

They could call it the McHero Burger and be done with it. Or, call it the Hockey Hero Burger for kicks. 

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Sure, but it's not like Hockey Hero Burger is an NHL trademark. 

They could call it the McHero Burger and be done with it. Or, call it the Hockey Hero Burger for kicks. 

The burger has already had multiple names - it was first called the Superhero burger as a tie-in to the Batman Forever movie but it's also been the Hockey Hero burger & the Triple Double burger.  I don't think McDonalds cares too much as long as it sells.

On 2024-01-18 at 2:01 PM, Piggy 1 said:

I love Subway ,but man have gotten expensive. I love Jersey Mikes.

It's Bowl Way, don't you know??? I wouldn't touch one of those bowl meals with a 10 foot pole as they look disgusting. It's like when McDonald's sold pizza. Subway is way outside it's comfort zone with that ****. 

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It's Bowl Way, don't you know??? I wouldn't touch one of those bowl meals with a 10 foot pole as they look disgusting. It's like when McDonald's sold pizza. Subway is way outside it's comfort zone with that ****. 

I won't put up with you disparaging the McPizza. Take that back!