Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

Well Friskee Pearl is done it looks like it's going to be replaced by something called Boujee (French restaurant perhaps? I checked Door Dash and they have Brie and Duck on the menu geez it 32 bucks for Lobster Mac and Cheese?)

and BDI is going to try again with a second location, this time on the corner of Main and Jefferson (near the Redwood Bridge? well I know where those buildings are so I have a good idea where it could be)

5 hours ago, iHeart said:

Well Friskee Pearl is done it looks like it's going to be replaced by something called Boujee (French restaurant perhaps?

Confirmed.... iHeart is a boomer :D 

Bougie in french is candle

Boujee is slang for luxurious/swag

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Confirmed.... iHeart is a boomer :D 

Bougie in french is candle

Boujee is slang for luxurious/swag

They're both french.

Bougie in french is candle but in english, both spellings are used for the essentially the same slang (derived from the French word bourgeoisie).

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

They're both french.

Bougie in french is candle but in english, both spellings are used for the essentially the same slang (derived from the French word bourgeoisie).

Only a boomer would google search the origins of Boujee :D 

On 2024-03-29 at 4:36 PM, iHeart said:

and BDI is going to try again with a second location, this time on the corner of Main and Jefferson (near the Redwood Bridge? well I know where those buildings are so I have a good idea where it could be)

I have to assume in the location that was most recently operating as Scoops. Scoops has never been the same since moving from the original location and 9 Below or what ever that place is called is just not the same either. Scoops used to be the best place in the city to get a traditional "malt" or "malted" but alas those days seem to be behind us. Have to settle for the ones from Sargent Sundae for the few months of the year that machine is dedicated to them and not other seasonal flavours. Not like I complain when it changes to Pumpkin Pie Soft Serve in the fall, possibly some of the best ice cream served in WPG that isn't Dug and Betty's. Yeah, yeah, I know what about Chaeban and Fete, I like what I like...

8 hours ago, iHeart said:

Well at least I can get there but I've never been that far into the North End on my own

West Kildonan or Seven Oaks neighbourhood. 

The White Top drive in. Where we grabbed supper last night is North End. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

West Kildonan or Seven Oaks neighbourhood. 

The White Top drive in. Where we grabbed supper last night is North End. 

from the map I've seen it's closer to seven oaks (scoops that is)

Edited by iHeart

38 minutes ago, iHeart said:

Never thought these would make a comeback (has anyone ever had lunch mates?)

Lunchables are returning to Canada after a 15 year abscence

Man those things would never fill me up these days but I never tried lunch mates I think I will dare myself with the hot dogs)

Hello, Canada.

After 15 years, the one and only Lunchables is back on shelves across the country. No, it’s not a joke. And yes, we brought snacks. To make up for lost time, we're offering 10,000 FREE Lunchables to Canadians. Only one per household while supplies last, so better hurry.

https://www.lunchables.com/en-ca/hellocanada

24 minutes ago, JCon said:

Hello, Canada.

After 15 years, the one and only Lunchables is back on shelves across the country. No, it’s not a joke. And yes, we brought snacks. To make up for lost time, we're offering 10,000 FREE Lunchables to Canadians. Only one per household while supplies last, so better hurry.

https://www.lunchables.com/en-ca/hellocanada

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9523v10u88v985kx096vx

Whaaaat? That was quick I honestly thought I had a shot at one of the fr-

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952dhcemq4uslac75gwgm

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

1 hour ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9523v10u88v985kx096vx

Whaaaat? That was quick I honestly thought I had a shot at one of the fr-

You are not missing out on anything.   We used to buy lunch mates and similar things for our daughter for lunches and then realized they taste awful, heavily processed,  and are over priced.   It's much better and cheaper to just buy real meat and cheese and DIY.  

Edited by Brandon

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

You are not missing out on anything.   We used to buy lunch mates and similar things for our daughter for lunches and then realized they taste awful, heavily processed,  and are over priced.   It's much better and cheaper to just buy real meat and cheese and DIY.  

I guess their brief experiments with pastas weren't worth it either