Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, iHeart said:

This is why In n Out is trending on twitter https://www.tmz.com/2023/12/14/first-in-n-out-burger-idaho-8-hour-lines-opening-day/

if I had to choose between In n Out and Shake shack I'd say CULVERS FIRST!

That line up was as silly as when Jollibees came to Winnipeg... people waiting in lines for months to have some of the worst quality fast food that you can possibly get.  

We tried Culvers a few times on our holidays from the summer.   The food is very average IMO but it is really good value for kids meals so it was worth it for us to go.    We also tried Chick-Fil-A for the first time during the same holiday and I'd say it's significantly better then Culvers.   

thing is I'd rather not give CFA my money, however I did try the sauce once (they sell them at the import places like Snak Trap on Pembina, they convinced me to give it a try) it's actually pretty damn good that doesn't mean I'm going to get in line to get the stuff (I'd rather that Mary Browns sell their Sidekick Sauce in bottles)

On 2023-12-15 at 6:39 PM, iHeart said:

well I discovered that Cinnamon Toast Crunch Hot Chocolate is pretty good (it was a swiss miss packet got it from CS Collectibles, I don't know if you can get it on Amazon or something, but I wanted to try something new this year)

Try G & L Liquidators on Logan,  they sometimes import American candy + drinks.  

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

someone on the transcona page on facebook shared this photo, basically there's a fence but not much else meanwhile I'm still waiting to hear when Krispy Kreme opens

AF1QipOE7BjKIBsv1tGkRxDZseLiXI4zsvaVJkjc

Thxs.. feel like we've been waiting for arbys return forever