Richie Hall Owns This Defensive Stink ... Must Be Gone At Season's End

USABomberfan

12 minutes ago, Blue Beard said:

If he comes out and performs it should not be an issue.   Another slow start  and it should be Davis time before it gets out of hand.

Before what gets out of hand? Nichols MOP-esque season?? The guys 17-6 as a Bomber starter since taking over from Willy last July, and you want to start seeing what Davis can do? Do you not realize how bad an opinion this is?

Edited by White Out

3 minutes ago, White Out said:

Before what get out of hand? Nichols MOP-esque season?? The guys 17-6 as a Bomber starter since taking over from Willy last July, and you want to start seeing what Davis can do? Do you not realize how bad an opinion this is?

yeah he ,or she, whatever it is,  knows that.

he's either an idiot, or an  a--ho--, or both. take your pick. I opt for both.

Edited by Mark F

9 minutes ago, White Out said:

Before what get out of hand? Nichols MOP-esque season?? The guys 17-6 as a Bomber starter since taking over from Willy last July, and you want to start seeing what Davis can do? Do you not realize how bad an opinion this is?

The game, he WAS having a MOP-esque season before yesterday.  Like I said if he bounces back good on him but we can't go a quarter without a first down or we will be toast.    Give him three series then evaluate.  Hopefully Davis  has his helmet close by.

1 hour ago, Blue Beard said:

The game, he WAS having a MOP-esque season before yesterday.  Like I said if he bounces back good on him but we can't go a quarter without a first down or we will be toast.    Give him three series then evaluate.  Hopefully Davis  has his helmet close by.

You're a really bad troll.

1 hour ago, Blue Beard said:

If he comes out and performs it should not be an issue.   Another slow start  and it should be Davis time before it gets out of hand.

Blatantly disagree with this.  It was but one game that he turned it over after not doing so in 5 games, no different than a few stinkers like Reilly and T Harris have had.  There will not and should not be Davis time period this season unless Nichols is physically unable to take the field.  Even as bad as his outing was yesterday it was still 1000x better than Willy 2016.

Richie Hall on the other hand has been driving this defense into the ground since he got there and they never respond when their back is against the wall.

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

they stopped montreal once or twice in the comeback of the decade a few days ago

Ummm exactly when was this?  I wasn't aware we played more than one game in only a few days.

If you're talking about the 41-40 miracle, the defense had practically 0 stops, esp with their back against the wall.  We got back to back possessions in that game cuz of the onside kick recovery.

54 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Ummm exactly when was this?  I wasn't aware we played more than one game in only a few days.

If you're talking about the 41-40 miracle, the defense had practically 0 stops, esp with their back against the wall.  We got back to back possessions in that game cuz of the onside kick recovery.

The D has some key stops in the 4th quarter of that game.  The Montreal O had multiple opportunities to put the game away.

48 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Let's put an end to this now.

Of course the Bombers have allowed more points than Hamilton, we've played two games more!!

We have a crappy defence right now, but let's not reach...

We are the only team who is behind them in points against. Assuming that Calgary doesn't lay 54 points on Edmonton this week, we'll still be the only team behind Hamilton at the end of this week, and most teams will be at the 10 game mark.

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

The D has some key stops in the 4th quarter of that game.  The Montreal O had multiple opportunities to put the game away.

that's what I definitely recall. defence really came up big in the fourth quarter. In fact, I think people were hoping the D was coming round nicely.

Edited by Mark F

3 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

AND they have the worst offence in the league, or damn near close to it

21 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

There are no key stops when your defense gives up 40 to the worst offense in football.

Richie Hall has got to go.

This is just not true. If you are in a shoot out and need a stop and the D gives it to you it's still a key stop even if the entire game wasn't a master piece. 

There are lots of shades of grey in football. It's not all good or all bad, it can be good and bad mixed together. Like most sports it's less important the total numbers but more important when you make the plays. 

28 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

This is just not true. If you are in a shoot out and need a stop and the D gives it to you it's still a key stop even if the entire game wasn't a master piece. 

There are lots of shades of grey in football. It's not all good or all bad, it can be good and bad mixed together. Like most sports it's less important the total numbers but more important when you make the plays. 

If we had a good defence we wouldnt even need said key stop. Game shouldnt have gotten to that point in the first place

12 minutes ago, James said:

If we had a good defence we wouldnt even need said key stop. Game shouldnt have gotten to that point in the first place

and if I had a million dollars I'd be rich. 

Look we know what kind of D Ritchie Hall runs. It is frustrating to watch because it gives up yards and drives, but that's what it is and it's not changing as long as he is here, might as well stop wishing we had at their peak swaggerville and and get used to what we do have. A D that gives us all heart attacks but is capable of making adjustments and coming through when they are needed. They do need support from the offense though. If the O goes 2 and out a bunch or turns the ball over things will get out of hand, but that will happen with any defence. It just looks worse with what the bombers are running.