Looking Ahead: Montreal Vs Winnipeg

Heart breaking loss in Vancouver, but a lot of positives to take away from the game. I hope letting that one slip away just woke up the beast. Ironically enough we head into week 6 at a better record than 2016 (2-2 vs 1-4) and week 6 is where we suddenly found our legs last year kicking off a 7 game win streak.

With a schedule of Montreal, Ottawa, Hamilton, Edmonton, Montreal, Sask, Sask   I see us with an opportunity to get quite a few W's. It all starts Thursday.

I really hope not to see Carmichael starting anymore. I get he's a rookie, who is only starting due to injury but he is the biggest liability this team has, and there's no way around it,  he's costing us big time in the secondary.  

speaking of said injury,  has there been any update on Johnson's rehab?  Leggett?

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Heart breaking loss in Vancouver, but a lot of positives to take away from the game. I hope letting that one slip away just woke up the beast. Ironically enough we head into week 6 at a better record than 2016 (2-2 vs 1-4) and week 6 is where we suddenly found our legs last year kicking off a 7 game win streak.

With a schedule of Montreal, Ottawa, Hamilton, Edmonton, Montreal, Sask, Sask   I see us with an opportunity to get quite a few W's. It all starts Thursday.

I really hope not to see Carmichael starting anymore. I get he's a rookie, who is only starting due to injury but he is the biggest liability this team has, and there's no way around it,  he's costing us big time in the secondary.  

speaking of said injury,  has there been any update on Johnson's rehab?  Leggett?

Feel like edm will beat us but the rest we should beat. However, with our tendency to give up as many passing yards as is possible and only playing a half of football per game we probably win 4. 

14 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Not to look past Montreal, especially in the cfl when anyone can beat anyone on any given day. 

But wow it sucks to think we couldve ben sitting at 4-1 after this week

yep, but it does instill some confidence that we were able to go toe to toe with a team like BC. Even though we lost, I'm not sure how many people thought we'd be in the position we were until the 4th quarter meltdown. I'd prefer a loss like that then say our loss vs calgary or the way the riders lost last night. Both those games the losing team looked utterly inept,  at least we can say we blew it on fri

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

Quite a swing game. Lose at home against a crappy east team and got to think pitchforks will start getting sharpened. 

Win and you're 3-2 and sky's the limit. Sports. 

Edit 

I want to add, that the reason the swing still exist for us and not so much for other teams in the West, is our track record the last very long while. Calgary, Edmonton BC, can go through a bit of a losing streak but their fans know that there is hope and light around the corner.  We sort of only know suffering. 

Edited by White Out

The next 7 games are the easiest part of our schedule. Edmonton is currently the only +.500 team and we have 3 games against the 2 worst teams in the league. On paper, we should win 5 or 6 of them, but the games aren't played on paper.

Montreal has a very good defence and they beat Calgary, a team we weren't even competitive with. Ottawa has a very good offence and is better than their record. Those games may make or break our season.

When I look at the league right now I see three clear tiers:

BC
Calgary
Edmonton

Winnipeg
Toronto
Montreal
Ottawa

Saskatchewan
Hamilton

The tier-3 teams have no chance against tier-1.  Tier-2 can beat tier-1 or lose to tier-3 on any given night but will win more often against tier-3 and lose more often against tier-1.

Someone in tier-2 is going to finish with a record like 8-10 and not make the playoffs.  I hope that we aren't that team.

10 hours ago, Noeller said:

I personally believe this team has enough talent, when healthy, to beat every team in the league. I'm not even a little bit worried right now. 

Right?  The Bombers are for real.  Sure the Calgary game was a brutal night (brutal half, really) but these things are going to happen.

This isn't 2012-15 where 90% of the time the Bombers didn't belong on the same field as the other guys...  :wacko:

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

BC
Calgary
Edmonton

Winnipeg
Toronto
Montreal
Ottawa

Saskatchewan
Hamilton

The tier-3 teams have no chance against tier-1.  Tier-2 can beat tier-1 or lose to tier-3 on any given night but will win more often against tier-3 and lose more often against tier-1.

Someone in tier-2 is going to finish with a record like 8-10 and not make the playoffs.  I hope that we aren't that team.

I hope we aren't too. We are looking like we aren't that far from being a tier 3 team. The upcoming Banjo Bowl and Labour Day games scare the begeebers out of me.

3 minutes ago, J5V said:

I hope we aren't too. We are looking like we aren't that far from being a tier 3 team. The upcoming Banjo Bowl and Labour Day games scare the begeebers out of me.

Beating the Riders is nothing to brag about. If the Bombers can beat Calgary, Edmonton and the Lions, then we can start getting smug.

42 minutes ago, tracker said:

Beating the Riders is nothing to brag about. If the Bombers can beat Calgary, Edmonton and the Lions, then we can start getting smug.

The bombers could have won against calgary and had a more then 2td lead against the leos.  While playing only a half of football.

In sports you have to have the confidence if your self and your team and then you win. So i hope they have all the smugs.  

11 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

LaPolice needs to start calling a more balanced attack more consistently, IMO. The tools are there to be successful but I don't feel as though they're being used properly.

I agree, but you also have to make a defense pay with execution to slow down blitzes and loosen up coverages.

Misdirection has been working quite well but is not used consistently.  IMO they need Flanders on the roster.  Diversify Harris' role, run some split backs and run Harris out as a receiver (something they already do quite a bit in Empty sets).  Imagine if Harris was running those sweeps or if you had Dressler and Harris both cutting through the backfield and defenders had to keep their eyes on whether it was Dressler, Harris or Flanders getting the ball, or is it a fake and Nichols is tossing a bomb for Adams who's defender was looking into the backfield and is now a step behind.

Also just let our OL impose themselves with some downhill runs.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

BC
Calgary
Edmonton

Winnipeg
Toronto
Montreal
Ottawa

Saskatchewan
Hamilton

I like it, and I don't think that would have changed had we beat the Lions. Moving up to the top tier means you have to beat the top tier teams. We blew a chance to do that by not playing a complete game last game.

When we beat Calgary, Edmonton and BC, then we can talk again..