Looking Ahead: Montreal Vs Winnipeg

7 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Can't take Montreal lightly. They did beat Calgary after all. If we play the way we have in the 1st, and 4th all season we probably won't come out of this game with a W

The inconsistency with which the team has played this season means that there is little room for overconfidence. When the Bombers start keeping the opposition to under 20 points and powers over top of them, then its swagger time. We're just scraping by.

17 hours ago, Mark F said:

wear them down.... pound the ball. chip cox is small. run at him.

Probably will not change the number of run plays though. The Bomber O coordinator has No faith in the run game.

I don't think its that he doesn't have the faith in the run game.. its that he just is so pass heavy.. hes locked into the mindset that the CFL is a passing league..  That or he tries to run early, sees that its tough sledding and goes back to the run game.. 

I just cant fathom how with our beast of an O-line and Harris, one of the best RBs in the game, he sees it as ineffective.. He can't.  he cannot be that blind.. can he?

30 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Is the ROC, MOS's kid or something?

you'd really think so.   I am starting to really dislike this loyalty to a fault stuff.  The guy is brutal.. hasn't improved.   maybe our depth is that bad?

6 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

LaPolice needs to learn to call a balanced game. With the O-line and the RB he has at his disposal, it's mystifying how little the run game has been utilized thus far.

BC were keying on Harris and met him in the backfield, running on first down with no gain is a big part of the reason they struggled in the 4th Q.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

BC was keying on Harris and was meeting him in the backfield, running on first down with no gain is a big part of the reason they struggled in the 4th Q.

It was just more of a general observation of the entire season to this point. He's averaging under 12 touches per game on the ground, so I think that could be increased.

I wonder if there would've been more success later in the game had the run game been established earlier on, though.

32 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

It was just more of a general observation of the entire season to this point. He's averaging under 12 touches per game on the ground, so I think that could be increased.

I wonder if there would've been more success later in the game had the run game been established earlier on, though.

Agreed, teams that fail to establish the running game simply lose more often than not.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

They are getting the ball to Harris in a variety of ways. The touches are there, just not as many as handoffs. He has 200 yards receiving, which gives him over 400 yards from scrimmage. Only Joshua Stangby had has more receiving yards, but has played two more games. All other RBs have significantly less receiving yardage. 

Just now, Mark H. said:

They are getting the ball to Harris in a variety of ways. The touches are there, just not as many as handoffs. He has 200 yards receiving, which gives him over 400 yards from scrimmage. Only Joshua Stangby had has more, but has played two more games. All other RBs have significantly less receiving yardage. 

while this is true, he is getting his touches and whatnot..  its the run game that wears down the defense.. keeps them honest.   smashmouth football makes the d-line tired and keeps the LBs and even DBs watching the LOS more if we can do it effectively... we we go away from it, they can go back to floating back and watching from a distance and then flow down to the ball after its caught (usually 4-5 yards from the 1st down marker for some odd reason)