Some Positives

6 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Tried Famous Dave's out in the tailgate area, the pulled pork sandwich was good

Tried Shock Top beer, different. Orange flavour base with a good after taste. But $23 for 2 was a bit steep

Lots of hotties out and about.

Cheerleaders look hotter this year

Can't really think of many positives football wise though

TJ Heath Chris Randle Brandon Alexander Drake Nevis and Poop were all.. Haha... solid. Not sure yours will be after FD and Beer but Good luck. 

I wish I could say our oline was a bright spot but thats 2 games in a row nichols has taken some serious punishment. I said it in the GDT but tonight nichols looked like willy 2.0.

But yes poop and nevis have been solid in the middle and alexander has been good in the sense you dont hear his name often but man carmichael gets picked like a nose full of boogers

7 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I wish I could say our oline was a bright spot but thats 2 games in a row nichols has taken some serious punishment. I said it in the GDT but tonight nichols looked like willy 2.0.

The OL has been fine.  I'm not sure a DL touched Nichols last night.  The OL is responsible for 4, the QB is responsible for the rest aka get rid of the damn ball and find the hot route if you read 5+.

He's not doing a very good job of reading blitzes, Lapo is running a lot of empty backfield and I can only recall a couple plays where they used max protect (7 blocking).  That's just inviting trouble with longer developing routes and trying to push downfield.  At least they started leaking Harris out to slow down the WIL/SAM blitzes.

Just now, DR. CFL said:

O line was fine? Seriously? They were playing against a make shift band aid d line and Nichols got rocked a couple of times. It looked like when Willy was getting the snot knocked out of him.

And its not up to just the QB to notice the blitzes- as I understand it, any offensive player (most often the center) can call them and that radio in the QB's helmet ain't for decor, either. The O-line should grade out as C- and the receivers no better. Coaches? F's for sure.

Just now, tracker said:

And its not up to just the QB to notice the blitzes- as I understand it, any offensive player (most often the center) can call them and that radio in the QB's helmet ain't for decor, either. The O-line should grade out as C- and the receivers no better. Coaches? F's for sure.

Unfortunately only one offensive player is holding the ball.

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Not sure what's more gross...the taste of Shock Top, or the fact that you actually paid money for that ****. 

With so many great breweries in Winnipeg, would it be too much to ask to partner with say .. Half Pints? Peg Beer Co?  Torque? to get some descent beer on tap .. 

Make it happen Miller!

41 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I thought the OLine was pretty good. Harris didn't look very good and I thought he should have picked up that safety blitz when Nichols got smoked

They missed picking up a lot of delayed pressure and Nichols bore the brunt of those breakdowns.

Unintentionally convinced the father from the father/son combo that sit next to me to get his son a cowbell at halftime yesterday. Looked like the little guy had a ton of fun yesterday despite the loss which was nice to see.

16 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

With so many great breweries in Winnipeg, would it be too much to ask to partner with say .. Half Pints? Peg Beer Co?  Torque? to get some descent beer on tap .. 

Make it happen Miller!

Agreed - My vote is for Fort Garry Brewing Co.

19 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Make it happen Miller!

This needs to happen.

Make it all local! (Although they'd probably start charging $17/beer).

Positives for me from last night:

The crowd was absolutely awesome through 30 minutes of play .. we were into the game .. the atmosphere at IGF was amazing.  Winnipeg fans are passionate. The team needs to consistently deliver for them when playing at home.

Normand has some under-rated hands. He's a FB who doesn't touch the ball often but he catches everything that comes to him even if he's going to get blown up. Couple of tidy grabs last night as well.

The interior of the DL is fantastic this year. You don't move those guys easily and it's helped shore up our run defence in a significant way.

The guy sitting two rows in front of me who completely lost his mind when O'Shea was forced to challenge that illegal contact (mugging) on Harris. You sir were bloody amazing.

IMG_4792.PNG

1 hour ago, do or die said:

Harris missed a couple of blocks last nite.....somewhat unusual.   The O... as an entire entity stunk it up...

He was on block and release plays most of the night. He was the release valve for nichols. Our offense doesnt deal well with pressure. It requires enough time to scan the field for the best of all the short routes for a chance to pick up a first down. calgary in the 2nd half did a great job of disturbing that. With pressure, showing and dropping, and moving coverage schemes around. 

The OL still has to pick up the blitz. You have to get a hand on a guy and you take the guy whose got the fastest route to the QB. Not just who ever lines up in the trench. And with the massive miss match we had on the OL last night vs the stamps tattered DL, they shouldnt have struggled to pick up the blitz.