Jersey Ideas

10 minutes ago, Y2C said:

Ekakitie would be fitting considering your screen name. :)

maybe in a year or 2 once he's established himself, right now i'm looking at some guys who bleed blue and gold. Loffler is a little early to take, but he's one of my fav bombers atm and that mullet is a beaut

28 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I was leaning toward Loffler but I'm convinced that if I do, he's gonna get injured. I have a bad history........ 

lol that thought crossed my mind as well... also got me thinking a lot of Addison Richards jerseys must have been bought after he was drafted :P

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I always go with legends as they can't be released or traded. My next jersey will either be #54 Phil Minnick or #64 Bill Frank. For those of you who never heard of them look these guys up.

Bill Frank and it's not even close. Minnick was great but IIRC he was always injured.

I'm a big believer in getting the under the radar guys. I have an Adam Lowry jersey. Maybe just because I'm so cursed that whenever I get a jersey, something bad happens.

Got an Armstrong jersey right before he decided he didn't want to play anymore. Then I got a Shabazz jersey and he got released. Followed that up with a TJ Harris jersey after he had "the best training camp ever" and he made it a handful of games. Cory Watson jersey that I got from Bluto lasted a few weeks until Dan West decided to murder him on the sidelines in practice. I held off for a while until I went to the Bomber Store right before kickoff a couple years ago to order a Drew Willy jersey and they hadn't even delivered it to my seat by the time he got carted off - seriously.

On the NHL side, I have an Evander Kane and three weeks after I bought my Adam Lowry jersey, he got sent down to the A.

I *may* have broken the curse though. I've been rolling with a Westerman and an Ehlers for a year+ now and we're doing well so far.

Back to your question ... because I like under the radar guys and I think it's cool to support the hometown whenever possible ... I would recommend a THOMAS MILES.

4 hours ago, Mike said:

I'm a big believer in getting the under the radar guys. I have an Adam Lowry jersey. Maybe just because I'm so cursed that whenever I get a jersey, something bad happens.

Got an Armstrong jersey right before he decided he didn't want to play anymore. Then I got a Shabazz jersey and he got released. Followed that up with a TJ Harris jersey after he had "the best training camp ever" and he made it a handful of games. Cory Watson jersey that I got from Bluto lasted a few weeks until Dan West decided to murder him on the sidelines in practice. I held off for a while until I went to the Bomber Store right before kickoff a couple years ago to order a Drew Willy jersey and they hadn't even delivered it to my seat by the time he got carted off - seriously.

On the NHL side, I have an Evander Kane and three weeks after I bought my Adam Lowry jersey, he got sent down to the A.

I *may* have broken the curse though. I've been rolling with a Westerman and an Ehlers for a year+ now and we're doing well so far.

Back to your question ... because I like under the radar guys and I think it's cool to support the hometown whenever possible ... I would recommend a THOMAS MILES.

That made me laugh out loud. Your cursed Mike. Cursed.

Please, please don't get a Loffler jersey.

4 hours ago, Mike said:

You should go with an Addison Richards jersey. What could possibly go wrong.

My only jersey was a Doug Brown, so at the end of the 2015 season decided to pick up a new one. 

Went with Denmark thinking it's safe cause he's too good to be cut

After buying the jersey we sign Dressler and Smith, Denmark gets cut

So now I'm wondering if I should bother wearing it on my road trip to the Lions game

Then he signs with SK, jersey gets retired before being worn. Can't wear it if he's an active Rider

Cut by riders, signed with bombers. Got cheap flights to Winnipeg for the banjo bowl, wore Denmark jersey, disappointed by the amount of Dressler riders jerseys. Same way I wouldn't wear a bombers Denmark if he was playing in SK, riders shouldn't be wearing their dressler while he's a bomber (imo)

Wore it as well to the game in BC. Bombers are now 2-0 in games I wear my denmark jersey to. I think they were 0-everything for games I went to in the Brown jersey, mainly since the typical games I go to are in Calgary/Edmonton 

I think i'll be going with denmark as well after all, this will be his 7th season with the bombers and despite the adversity of being cut last year,  has been a pro about it and produced. I'm getting the jersey through my buddy with the bombers so he can use his 30% discount and get the jersey signed, but I jokely told him about the post where I said if Loffler shaves his beard into handle bars to go with the mullet,  I'd buy his jersey. Apparently he's going to run that by him... so if he Loffler suddenly has handle bars... your welcome. ;)

On 6/3/2017 at 8:56 AM, Mike said:

I too have an Adam Lowry jersey, and owned Armstrong/Shabazz/Watson/Willy jerseys and my name is also Mike.

I wonder if I always wake up tired because I am too busy posting as my alter ego?