Around the League - Training Camp Discussion

9 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Davis unproven, lefevour proven to be bad.  Bennett unproven, Bridge unproven, Young unproven and probably cut.

Davis was ahead of Bennett on the depth chart last season so based purely on that it's a point in the Bombers favour since it appears that Bennett is #2 in riderland. Then Lefevour has backed up and played and won games in the league before too so that's another check in the Bombers favour. 

You know what the only logic for rating the Riders qb depth ahead of the bombers is? Homerism. Pure blind homerism. 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Davis was ahead of Bennett on the depth chart last season so based purely on that it's a point in the Bombers favour since it appears that Bennett is #2 in riderland. Then Lefevour has backed up and played and won games in the league before too so that's another check in the Bombers favour. 

You know what the only logic for rating the Riders qb depth ahead of the bombers is? Homerism. Pure blind homerism. 

I never rated the Riders higher. I see all of them about the same. somewhere between bad and unproven. As far as the bombers having Davis ahead of Bennett, you know that means nothing. Franklin was ahead of Nichols in Edmonton. Would you trade a proven Matt Nichols right now for a unproven Franklin from Edmonton??

35 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Staggering?  interesting that you are sure your backups are so much better than ours. Guess we'll see won't we

lmao.  where do you get that notion from?  Because your backups suck, automatically ours must be better? (I mean its truth but nobody had mentioned it)

lol

16 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

wish I could give this infinite likes but one will have to do.

14 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I never rated the Riders higher. I see all of them about the same. somewhere between bad and unproven. As far as the bombers having Davis ahead of Bennett, you know that means nothing. Franklin was ahead of Nichols in Edmonton. Would you trade a proven Matt Nichols right now for a unproven Franklin from Edmonton??

nope.

i'll stick with the proven 11 game winner thanks

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

Davis unproven, lefevour proven to be bad.  Bennett unproven, Bridge unproven, Young unproven and probably cut.

Or miss the point entirely. :rolleyes:

52 minutes ago, Ripper said:

As a outsider looking in I find it interesting that Nichols gets so much credit for your season last year when IMO it was the defense that did the job. Nichols didn't hurt you and did have some good games but that's about it.

Actually, the consensus is Nichols gets deserving credit for what he contributed. You obviously didn't watch the Bombers much, if at all, last season if you think it was strictly the defense who "did the job". The difference between Willy at the helm and then Nichols was significant; the latter was actually able to execute plays and move the chains, not to mention protect the ball.

Nichols had his best season in 2016 and while he didn't light up the stats sheet, he proved his worth with not only with his play but his leadership. Strange how you can't see that and give credit where it's due. Or you just choose not to see it.

56 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I'll take every one of our QB's over Kevin Glenn. Right now they are Backups, IMO every guy we have has more tools than Glenn as they all can run and have stronger arms. They do not have the experience Glenn does but we saw what Glenn was last year, not that good,

1 hour ago, SPuDS said:

yea because Nichols was so horrible for us last season??

No, because Willy was showing every sign every game that he was broken and yet O'Shea kept trotting him out. Almost to a man (and Jackie), this forum knew Willy was done for and there was good evidence that the team knew it as well, but on Willy went. But that horse has been beaten to death already. Nichols was a a godsend. Wait, no. He was a Walterssend.

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

Which is also homerism, at this point anything other than ranking the Bombers higher is just delusion and homerism. It's OK, in riderville that's what is considered rational thought so I won't hold it against you but you should know that once you step outside the bubble that **** doesn't fly. 

30 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

That sucks for Labatte and the Riders if he's out long term.

Esks lost Greenwood for the season already, got to really hurt their ratio.

I think the Esks are going to finish last in the West.  Unlike many I do believe the Riders will be slightly improved but you just can't make a crazy move like the Esks did and expect success.  Firing a winning GM because he is not fan-friendly enough is exactly the kind of move that destroys teams.  And the West is so tight, any little thing can send a team tumbling.  BC, Winnipeg, and Calgary are all going to be very good.

50 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I think the Esks are going to finish last in the West.  Unlike many I do believe the Riders will be slightly improved but you just can't make a crazy move like the Esks did and expect success.  Firing a winning GM because he is not fan-friendly enough is exactly the kind of move that destroys teams.  And the West is so tight, any little thing can send a team tumbling.  BC, Winnipeg, and Calgary are all going to be very good.

There'll likely be a battle for the crossover between EDM and the greenies

2 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I'm going to chalk this one up to karma due to all those rider fans laughing that Durant and Richards got hurt already

He rolled his ankle . not serious. was back on the field today

10 minutes ago, Ripper said:

He rolled his ankle . not serious. was back on the field today

was he? if it was a little stinger why would Jones have to do an update, i'm sure the media people would have said right away Labatte goes to side line in pain but returns to the field. They wouldn't need to ask him about it. And jones thinks he will be ok. Let's hear what a doctor/trainer has to say instead

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

3 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I wasn't there. Read camp report on Riderfans. It said he was on the field. Other than that I don't know any different

i did read the reports on RF that why i question whether he returned to the field. From the sounds of it he might have missed some time or practice yesterday so today he was returning to the line up along with Love and Eguavoen for day 5, but got hurt later on.  Other then the update he got hurt, and Jones saying he thinks he will be fine cuz hes a tough guy, I didn't see anyone say he returned to finish practice today.

If anything Dreegking said it looked bad and Labatte was making sounds of serious discomfort. Guess day 6 will tell tale whether or not he's participating

So let me get this straight... Ripper says LeFevour is proven to be bad.  However on only a few weeks notice he managed 330 yards and four TDs against us.

Ripper also says Nichols only looked good because of our awesome defense and essentially  Nichols only put up numbers because of the D.

I love Rider logic....

well that kind of answered that

Veteran left guard Brendon LaBatte has suffered through two tough days at training camp. LaBatte injured an ankle Wednesday after a teammate rolled over his left leg. He returned to practice Wednesday but remained on the sideline after re-injuring the same ankle on Thursday while attempting a block. LaBatte is expected to be OK, but he may be granted some time off to recover. LaBatte missed 15 regular-season games in 2016 due to a neck injury. He hasn’t suffered any ill effects from the injury so far in training camp.

http://leaderpost.com/sports/football/cfl/saskatchewan-roughriders/mcnuggets-labatte-battling-through-ankle-injuries?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+leaderpost%2FINTH+(Regina+Leader-Post)

Guess we will see how that ankle holds up. Guy carrying that much weight on it might be a harder thing to come back from with any kind of speed

Just now, Brandon said:

So let me get this straight... Ripper says LeFevour is proven to be bad.  However on only a few weeks notice he managed 330 yards and four TDs against us.

Ripper also says Nichols only looked good because of our awesome defense and essentially  Nichols only put up numbers because of the D.

I love Rider logic....

Isn't that an oxymoron- like "military intelligence"?

Edited by tracker