Bombers Training Camp 2017 - May 28

Mr Dee

More from Ted Wyman, Winnipeg Sun:

...a position-by-position breakdown of how the Bombers look with the regular season five weeks away.

An example:

RECEIVERS

STILL HERE — 1 Darvin Adams*, 7 Weston Dressler*, 83 Julian Feoli-Gudino, 86 Addison Richards, 88 Gerrard Sheppard*, 89 Clarence Denmark*.

WHO’S IN — 2 Matt Coates, 5 Kenny Stafford*, 14 T.J. Thorpe*, 70 Brendan Thera-Plamondon, 79 Larry Raper*, 81 T.J. Lowder*, 82 Kieren Duncan*, 84 Ryan Lankford*, 87 Quinshad Davis*, 80 Darrin Peterson*, 71 Rahul Madan.

WHO’S OUT — Ryan Smith, Rory Kohlert, Quincy McDuffie, Thomas Mayo

THE SKINNY — Stafford, who comes over from Montreal, Dressler, Denmark, Adams and Feoli-Gudino look like the starters, giving the Bombers a veteran group of pass-catchers. Lankford has some experience, after playing last season with Saskatchewan and both Thorpe and Duncan looked very good in rookie camp. There will be a lot of competition for the backup jobs at receiver. The Bombers have to hope Richards and/or Coates are ready to step up to back up Feoli-Gudino at the Canadian receiver spot.

?‍?Wyman also follows this template with QBs, Running Backs, the Offensive line, the Defensive line, linebackers, DBs, kickers and kick/punt returners.

11 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

There's some serious gnashing of teeth from others on this site, by you beating them to the punch with this stinker.

there will be plenty of chances for more puns/word play as players get cut.  Like this guy for instance:

http://www.bluebombers.com/players/larry-raper/

I'll start.  I bet he has a "rapier" like wit! :)  

Ok - now I see this is being discussed in another thread....sorry...

Edited by kelownabomberfan

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

that looks for the most part like our starting roster come week 1 i think.  Whats the skinny on Nick Temple? (sorry if i missed any previous reports on him)

They've got Stone, they've got Temple, just need to find a Pilot and they'll be set at MLB..

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

5 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

They've got Stone, they've got Temple, just need to find a Pilot and they'll be set at MLB..

"Breathing is the hardest thing to do; with all I've said and all that's dead for you" (This was overheard as O'Shea was making rookie cuts before main camp.)

The #Bombers camp opened with Gerrard Sheppard in Ryan Smith's old receiver spot. FWIW

Darrin Bauming

Medlock just hit from 55 — would've made it 60. Fan here at IGF hollers out, "kick it from 61!" #CFLTC #Bombers #memories

The #Bombers' #CFLTC @USPORTSca quarterback intern is Vincent Massey Trojans standout @DueckAndre, who is headed to McMaster in the fall.

Two #Bombers who appear to be non-participants on Day 1: DB Kevin Fogg, and 2017 50th-overall draft pick DT Ian Marouf.

Blue Bomber talk

#Bombers starters in brief 1-on-1 scrimmage: Knox at MLB, Sheppard at Y-SB, Thomas at NT. Dom Davis the second QB to hit field. #CFL

1st int @TC...Moe Leggett

Ed Tait

Receivers and DBs just finished one on ones @ #Bombers camp. Dressler, Adams, Coates looked good. So did Porter, Walker, Carmichael for DBs

Edited by Mr Dee