Canadian Politics

On 2022-02-25 at 8:07 PM, Tracker said:

'Attempt to interfere:' Former Alberta justice minister officially removed from post

EDMONTON — Suspended Alberta justice minister Kaycee Madu was moved to another cabinet post Friday following a report that concluded he tried to interfere in the administration of justice over a traffic ticket.

© Provided by The Canadian Press
Premier Jason Kenney, in a news release, announced that Madu takes over as labour minister from Tyler Shandro, and Shandro becomes the new justice minister.

“Given (the report’s) findings, and the unique role of the office of the minister of justice and solicitor general, I have concluded that it would be appropriate for minister Madu to step aside from that position,” Kenney wrote.

(But not fired)

Kenney just moves these idiots to other portfolio's so they maintain their salaries. It really is disgusting. 

8 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah it's the UCP, they're all useless morons. 

Same thing with any party - they have their long - term people who come in and take over - whenever there's a regime change.  Even opposition back benchers - have 3 to 5 people working in their office. 

Just now, bustamente said:

This here is quite possibly the dumbest woman in politics beats out MTG by a smidge, mind your business moron 

Man, I used to be a proud Conservative. I admired Sir John A, Diefenbaker & Mulroney. I looked up to Eisenhower & Reagan. Now pffffft. The simpletons in power on both sides of the border are pathetic. I can't support these assclowns anymore so as a disaffected Conservative, where do I park my vote? Maybe I won't vote. Nobody deserves my support.

15 minutes ago, Tracker said:

There seems to be a competition between GOPers as to who can say the stupidest thing, and the competition is renewed every day.

..................and there is no shortage of competitors, they have to market cornered on braindead humanoids trying to woo braindead humanoids

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Man, I used to be a proud Conservative. I admired Sir John A, Diefenbaker & Mulroney. I looked up to Eisenhower & Reagan. Now pffffft. The simpletons in power on both sides of the border are pathetic. I can't support these assclowns anymore so as a disaffected Conservative, where do I park my vote? Maybe I won't vote. Nobody deserves my support.

This thought goers thru my mind over and over lately

14 hours ago, bustamente said:

This here is quite possibly the dumbest woman in politics beats out MTG by a smidge, mind your business moron 

In seeing how she treats her kids, runs a business, the man she is married to, etc etc I would take out ‘in politics’ and just say she may be the dumbest person on planet earth.

16 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No political party gives a crap about people who don't vote.  If you want change, use your vote.

Not voting is a an abdication of your right to uphold democracy.  You don't have to like the government in power, but you can't not like the idea of "government" - especially in a country as free as Canada.

Edited by Wideleft

10 hours ago, do or die said:

In just a number of years.......we have seen a dramatic shift from progressive conservatives......to regressive ones.....

I wonder if the right-wingers have gotten frustrated with being out of power so often and have decided to espouse Trumpian policies and tactics. The Manitoba provincial election a few years back where the PCs tried to spilt the opposition vote by funding native candidates is an example that tells us that potential already exists.  Someone ought to have gone to jail for that.

11 hours ago, Tracker said:

I wonder if the right-wingers have gotten frustrated with being out of power so often and have decided to espouse Trumpian policies and tactics. The Manitoba provincial election a few years back where the PCs tried to spilt the opposition vote by funding native candidates is an example that tells us that potential already exists.  Someone ought to have gone to jail for that.

These elements have always been part of Conservative politics.  The difference now is they are the loudest voices whereas Conservative leaders used to spend a lot of effort on keeping these kinds of people in line.

2 hours ago, Wideleft said:

These elements have always been part of Conservative politics.  The difference now is they are the loudest voices whereas Conservative leaders used to spend a lot of effort on keeping these kinds of people in line.

Say what you want about Harper (and trust me...I will....) but he kept the truly crazy among them at bay. There was a significant faction that were anti-abortion and wanted to re-open that debate, and he kept the door shut on that. He knew that in order to be electable, they needed to quiet the crazies. They seem to have forgotten that, with him gone.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Say what you want about Harper (and trust me...I will....) but he kept the truly crazy among them at bay. There was a significant faction that were anti-abortion and wanted to re-open that debate, and he kept the door shut on that. He knew that in order to be electable, they needed to quiet the crazies. They seem to have forgotten that, with him gone.

He threw them just enough to keep them happy and they actually started to believe that they deserved to dictate policy.  They are the vocal minority and boy howdy are they vocal. They're basically a 3 year old.  They don't get their way they have no problem throwing a tantrum until they are placated 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

He threw them just enough to keep them happy and they actually started to believe that they deserved to dictate policy.  They are the vocal minority and boy howdy are they vocal. They're basically a 3 year old.  They don't get their way they have no problem throwing a tantrum until they are placated 

I have opined this before here, but Harper was only able to keep the crazies in check so long as he personally was popular and held power. Harper bailed when his popularity was slipping and it became obvious that neither he nor the CPC were going to win the next election. Had he not left, he would have received the same fate as all the other CPC leaders- assassination from within the party. It worked for Mulroney when he orchestrated a revolt against Joe Clark and even won a couple of elections, and that is the fantasy of the current lot of CPC.

Edited by Tracker

These anti-vax truckers resent Ukrainian victims of Russian invasion for receiving more media coverage

Some of the silliest messaging from right-wing media in recent weeks is the assertion that the convoy of anti-vax truckers, who have been protesting Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s vaccine/testing order, represent a profile in courage. A real profile in courage can be found in Ukraine, where everyone from President Volodymyr Zelensky to the Ukrainian military to civilians have vowed to keep fighting the Russian troops that are invading their country. And according to Vice News reporters Mack Lamoureux and Tess Owen, some of the anti-vax truckers resent the fact that Ukrainians have overtaken them in media coverage.

Lamoureux and Owen explain, “Even the ‘Truckers for Freedom’ Telegram channel, with its 96,000 subscribers, can’t decide if it’s more interested in Russia’s invasion of Ukraine or their very own convoy puttering across the U.S. of A. As many involved in the so-called Trucker Convoys — the vast majority of vehicles taking part aren’t big rigs — enter the final stretch of their long haul, the group, aiming to end COVID-19 health measures, are disappointed by the lack of eyes on them, particularly after the Canadian version captured the attention of right-wing Americans for weeks.”

12 minutes ago, Tracker said:

These anti-vax truckers resent Ukrainian victims of Russian invasion for receiving more media coverage

Some of the silliest messaging from right-wing media in recent weeks is the assertion that the convoy of anti-vax truckers, who have been protesting Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s vaccine/testing order, represent a profile in courage. A real profile in courage can be found in Ukraine, where everyone from President Volodymyr Zelensky to the Ukrainian military to civilians have vowed to keep fighting the Russian troops that are invading their country. And according to Vice News reporters Mack Lamoureux and Tess Owen, some of the anti-vax truckers resent the fact that Ukrainians have overtaken them in media coverage.

Lamoureux and Owen explain, “Even the ‘Truckers for Freedom’ Telegram channel, with its 96,000 subscribers, can’t decide if it’s more interested in Russia’s invasion of Ukraine or their very own convoy puttering across the U.S. of A. As many involved in the so-called Trucker Convoys — the vast majority of vehicles taking part aren’t big rigs — enter the final stretch of their long haul, the group, aiming to end COVID-19 health measures, are disappointed by the lack of eyes on them, particularly after the Canadian version captured the attention of right-wing Americans for weeks.”

Easily distracted by shiny things. Probably got bored and changed the channel.