Grey Cup Sunday

Mr Dee

Wish both teams could of lost. Red blacks fans around us were real annoying. They do this chant of move those sticks after ever first down I could live with it if they shout it once but they do it three times every first down. Then they starting signing sha na na good bye after the touchdown with five minutes left. It was priceless to see there faces when Stamps recovered onside kick. But the did beat BLM so it was alright till Hank made it all about him self accepting MVP. Sucks either of these teams had to win.

I was expecting a boring Stampede over the Lumberjacks but was delighted with one of the most exciting games in Grey Cup history ... I wanted both teams to win but somehow felt satisfied with the Ottawa victory ... it could not have been scripted better ... and Burris proved himself to be the best QB in Canada ... I hope he doesn't retire ... Ottawa has a nice problem to solve for next year .... and I love Desjardins and Campbell showing the league what good management can do in short order and proving that the term "rebuilding" is just an excuse for incompetence

The stamps tho... man they really sucked the first half... for a team who was supposed to be so good... and playing for a teammate who was shot and killed... I hate to say it cuz it's kind of prick like but man did BLM ever shoot that team In the foot over and over in the first half 

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Stamps could have won the game & they take out Mitchell & put in Buckley & it backfires. Then in OT a circus catch by Ottawa for the win. The 15 win team actually loses to the 8 win team.  

I was thinking on that play alone... Dave Dickensen out-coached himself... the situation is 2nd and goal, needing 2 yards to win the game... and you take BLM and Messam out of the game in favour of your goal-line package??... I don't care  if the entire world knows it's coming, I think Messam would've pounded that in for a TD... reminiscent of the Seahawks in 2015...

44 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I disagree... even Marquay McDaniel wouldn't be able to make those catches that BLM had tossed in double/triple coverage and 5 yards off the receiver.

But that's the point. If McDaniel was still in the game they wouldn't have needed to go downfield so much. McDaniel is one of the best go-to guys on second down in the entire league. He runs perfect routes, breaks tackles and he's the guy Mitchell always goes to when he needs a clutch catch. Do you think Mitchell goes 0-3 in that final drive if McDaniel was in the game? Not a chance.

The biggest reason Calgary lost? No Marquay McDaniel. No doubt in my mind.

Edited by Mr Dee

?‍?Then I don't understand helmet to helmet hits. Didn't Josh Bell tackle with his head? Like in a classic case of helmet-to-helmet. And nobody says anything except "what a hit"?

?‍?Calgary should have saved their "game winning drive" for the Grey Cup instead of wasting it on the mere mortal - Winnipeg Blue Bombers....you know, you only get to do that so many times...

?‍?Probably going to be a lot of inner reflection for Bo and the Boys. long pause...
Nah.

?‍?Gotta say that BLM must have set a Grey Cup record for throwing up his hands in a "what the hell you doing gesture". 

?‍?The MOP and the Coach of the Year both have their whoops moments...I almost, almost, feel sorry for them.

?‍?The way they planned for the return of the CFL football team to Ottawa, and carried it out, is to be commended. They truly did a great job...with the right people.

?‍?The biggest reason Calgary lost? No Marquay McDaniel. No doubt in my mind.

Gary Lawless
So Dave Dickenson's decision not to give it to Jerome Messam on 2nd and goal from the 2 will be debated and haunt @calstampeders offseason
?‍?Somewhere, upon hearing this, a slight smirk begins to come about, hidden by a beard.
?‍?I think Henry retires.
?‍?Is it true they're going to make a bobble-hands doll of Ernest Jackson?
?‍?Not enough can be said about the brilliant play calling and tempo of Jamie Elizondo' offence. It threw Calgary off from the start and adjusted when Calgary did. Burris gets all the credit for executing it, and he should, but Elizondo needs mentioning.

?‍?If I mention Elizondo, I must also mention Mark Nelson. He's exactly the kind of DC I wish the Bombers employed.

Really disappointed in the Vanier cup attendance. The Vanier Cup should, once again, be played in the same city as the Grey Cup. It only makes sense. This bickering between Sportsnet and TSN is pitiful and hurts university ball all around.

Congratulations to both the Stampeders and RedBlacks for having good years and for providing us with a remarkable Grey Cup game.

Well done!

57 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

The biggest reason Calgary lost? No Marquay McDaniel. No doubt in my mind.

I will kindly disagree...  missing guys who are open all while having time in the pocket....   that's all on BLM.    McDaniel isn't that great... he still had other fantastic receivers that he could of hit. 

The defense also took a massive dump on the field and should also be the other major reason for the loss. 

The Stamps lost cause their defense had their heads up their asses until the end of the game and because they were behind BLM didn't know what to do and started to panic and try to get everything back in 1 play. Stamps didn't do anything methodically, they just tried to come back all at once and it was the stupidest thing to do. Especially going for the endzone on the first play in OT. That was so dumb. You got as much time as you want, work it down to the endzone and then you're not likely to be in a situation where you need 10 yards on 3rd down. It's 3 down football when the other team gets the TD first so get you 3.33 yards each possession and march that sucker. 

3 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

?‍?Then I don't understand helmet to helmet hits. Didn't Josh Bell tackle with his head? Like in a classic case of helmet-to-helmet. And nobody says anything except "what a hit"?

?‍?Calgary should have saved their "game winning drive" for the Grey Cup instead of wasting it on the mere mortal - Winnipeg Blue Bombers....you know, you only get to do that so many times...

?‍?Probably going to be a lot of inner reflection for Bo and the Boys. long pause...
Nah.

?‍?Gotta say that BLM must have set a Grey Cup record for throwing up his hands in a "what the hell you doing gesture". 

?‍?The MOP and the Coach of the Year both have their whoops moments...I almost, almost, feel sorry for them.

?‍?The way they planned for the return of the CFL football team to Ottawa, and carried it out, is to be commended. They truly did a great job...with the right people.

Gary Lawless
So Dave Dickenson's decision not to give it to Jerome Messam on 2nd and goal from the 2 will be debated and haunt @calstampeders offseason
?‍?Somewhere, upon hearing this, a slight smirk begins to come about, hidden by a beard.
?‍?I think Henry retires.
?‍?Is it true they're going to make a bobble-hands doll of Ernest Jackson?
?‍?Not enough can be said about the brilliant play calling and tempo of Jamie Elizondo' offence. It threw Calgary off from the start and adjusted when Calgary did. Burris gets all the credit for executing it, and he should, but Elizondo needs mentioning.

?‍?If I mention Elizondo, I must also mention Mark Nelson. He's exactly the kind of DC I wish the Bombers employed.

Really disappointed in the Vanier cup attendance. The Vanier Cup should, once again, be played in the same city as the Grey Cup. It only makes sense. This bickering between Sportsnet and TSN is pitiful and hurts university ball all around.

Congratulations to both the Stampeders and RedBlacks for having good years and for providing us with a remarkable Grey Cup game.

Well done!

I would not only play the Vanier Cup in the same city, I would bundle the two games up: it would give the excitement hungry fans something to do Saturday afternoon before partying Saturday night ... it would also push some interest into college football and the draft .... but most of all it would make for more of a football extravaganza: Friday night awards and stuff, Saturday amateur championship, Sunday the great climax ... what could we possibly do for an encore?

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

The Stamps lost cause their defense had their heads up their asses until the end of the game and because they were behind BLM didn't know what to do and started to panic and try to get everything back in 1 play. Stamps didn't do anything methodically, they just tried to come back all at once and it was the stupidest thing to do. Especially going for the endzone on the first play in OT. That was so dumb. You got as much time as you want, work it down to the endzone and then you're not likely to be in a situation where you need 10 yards on 3rd down. It's 3 down football when the other team gets the TD first so get you 3.33 yards each possession and march that sucker. 

I agree with you but I actually didn't mind going for it on the first play in OT... I thought it was a good play to try and catch Ottawa off guard... and it almost worked, the ball went right through the wr's hands... sure it would have been a spectacular catch, but it was there...

16 hours ago, Goalie said:

The stamps tho... man they really sucked the first half... for a team who was supposed to be so good... and playing for a teammate who was shot and killed... I hate to say it cuz it's kind of prick like but man did BLM ever shoot that team In the foot over and over in the first half 

He threw a wide-out and the player had taken it downfield. The ball fell harmlessly to the turf. Then he looks down the receiver and throws his arms up in the air and starts berating the poor fellow. It was probably an audible that was not heard. Not very classy.

Did Calgary not prepare for this game as an away team? Crowd noise seemed to have them completely discombobulated. 

5 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Yep, couldn't be his fault.

?‍?The way they planned for the return of the CFL football team to Ottawa, and carried it out, is to be commended. They truly did a great

?‍?job...with the right people.

Yes, well done. 

I agree. If he plays all game, Calgary wins.

Couldn't agree more. Imagine how easy O'Shea's job would be with those coaches.

22 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Did u guys notice the massive hold on the last play of the game? I was curious if a flag was thrown...cause Calgary seemed to get away with holding all season long.

Anyways, the right team won in the end. I was cheering for Ottawa cause they haven't won in 40 years...and Smilin Hank is ever so slightly less annoying than BLM.

BLM can be forgiven his arrogance since he's so young. That Burris is an egomaniac at 41 is unforgivable. Absolutely can't stand him.