US Politics

Rich

50 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

So, from what I've seen we can't even have a discussion here without being jumped by what looks like a dozen angry people. So, I'm not even going to try. You guys win. Your collective voices are heard. Congratulations. 

The only person refusing a discussion is you. You were asked to put some thought into your claims and you ran away.

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The only person refusing a discussion is you. You were asked to put some thought into your claims and you ran away.

You? Discuss? Lol. No, I could have said my piece & be on the defensive for 20 posts & be insulted so what's the point? No one is going to change their minds especially you. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You? Discuss? Lol. No, I could have said my piece & be on the defensive for 20 posts & be insulted so what's the point? No one is going to change their minds especially you. 

Don't bother wasting your time,  their is a reason why so many good people have left this site.   The vocal minority of irrational and close minded folks can't fathom being wrong and then proceed to spam the board with nonsense to a point where all the decent people leave and the left overs circle jerk over each other with nonsense. 

It's unfortunate that the CFL season isn't on to help drown out the crap posters but until next year this site will be a ghost town with exception of the people who can't accept that their are people who have different opinions which can be backed by facts.

I hope this site is still alive by next season... don't want it to become Ourbombers all over again.

I knew if I kept on answering it was going to deteriorate into a personal insult (of me) session so I decided to end my participation. Thing is, I'm not even a Trump supporter. I hope he loses in November but that still isn't enough to prevent from being jumped on here by some. Some posters were rational with me here like JCon, Mr Dee & Wanna-B-Fan Boy & I thank you guys for that. We don't have to always agree so I appreciate being treated with respect. Others are just looking to fight any opinion they don't like. So, it's not worth it to keep on posting on this thread when that happens. 

11 hours ago, Brandon said:

The vocal minority of irrational and close minded folks can't fathom being wrong and then proceed to spam the board with nonsense to a point where all the decent people leave and the left overs circle jerk over each other with nonsense. 

Talking about me or you? 

Cause I will tell you I am not in the minority and I am not the closed minded one. The closed minded people are the ones like you and speedflex who just cry when your opinions are challenged. 

12 hours ago, Brandon said:

vocal minority

That’s an interesting take

irrational

I don’t think you can back that at all

close minded folks

When you make comments like this it shows whose mind is closed.

can't fathom being wrong

I’d like to know why you’re in charge of who’s right and who’s wrong...

5 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Trump might need to find a country to escape to that doesn't have an extradition agreement with the States after his paper trail of thievery, corruption and fraud is completely cracked open,  he continues to do to this every day by using the Presidency to enrich himself 

problem is, we think he's doing something wrong. which he is, he's a con man. But is he doing anything illegal? I'd bet he's had plenty of lawyers go over things and he knows the risks. I'm sure there is plenty of illegal activity going on, but most will be/could be solved with a good lawyer and $$.

Asking the system that allows him to do these things to turn around and punish him is Stockholm syndrome at its finest. But hey, sure they'll find something so that we all feel better and he'll go on with his life as he always had, except now he'll get free lifetime security and a presidential pension.

5 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

What is the “it” you are referring to?

political process...society in general...

14 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

problem is, we think he's doing something wrong. which he is, he's a con man. But is he doing anything illegal? I'd bet he's had plenty of lawyers go over things and he knows the risks. I'm sure there is plenty of illegal activity going on, but most will be/could be solved with a good lawyer and $$.

Asking the system that allows him to do these things to turn around and punish him is Stockholm syndrome at its finest. But hey, sure they'll find something so that we all feel better and he'll go on with his life as he always had, except now he'll get free lifetime security and a presidential pension.

political process...society in general...

The difference here is supposed to be that he is now a public servant ripping off his employers on the public dime. When he was a con man in private business he did tons of illegal things and got called out on it, but it was always through private lawsuits. And since he had deep pockets courtesy of daddy, he could stonewall and muck up the proceedings legally and bankrupt his opponent before it ever got to court, so when he ultimately settled all those lawsuits she’d pay pennies on the dollar. 

But now he’s playing with the taxpayers’ money. His golf weekends at his own course with top dollar for the secret service to rent a room while he’s there goes from the taxpayers’ pockets into his personal company, which unlike every other President was required to he did not divest himself of. And the rules about Presidents not profiting and the whole emoluments clause are pretty clear, so now he is breaking a law that is not a civil matter. 

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The difference here is supposed to be that he is now a public servant ripping off his employers on the public dime. When he was a con man in private business he did tons of illegal things and got called out on it, but it was always through private lawsuits. And since he had deep pockets courtesy of daddy, he could stonewall and muck up the proceedings legally and bankrupt his opponent before it ever got to court, so when he ultimately settled all those lawsuits she’d pay pennies on the dollar. 

But now he’s playing with the taxpayers’ money. His golf weekends at his own course with top dollar for the secret service to rent a room while he’s there goes from the taxpayers’ pockets into his personal company, which unlike every other President was required to he did not divest himself of. And the rules about Presidents not profiting and the whole emoluments clause are pretty clear, so now he is breaking a law that is not a civil matter. 

I hope you're right, and applaud your optimism for justice. But I'd bet a lot of money he will live out his days on some island making fun of those who voted him into power.