Around The League Off Season Discussion

3 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I can see him having a slight argument about our defense and short fields....

But how in the h-e-double-hockey-sticks can he say that he thinks whoever the Riders find will have a better career then Nichols? 

Finally, something from the CBC that doesn't have me cursing about how they spend my taxes:

There was more talent at Weston Dressler's wedding in North Dakota last weekend than what the Riders currently have under contract, and Darian Durant wasn't even the best man.

Curiously, Chris Jones wasn't invited. 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/roughriders-trade-durant-analysis-1.3942179

On 1/19/2017 at 10:29 AM, Brandon said:

I can see him having a slight argument about our defense and short fields....

But how in the h-e-double-hockey-sticks can he say that he thinks whoever the Riders find will have a better career then Nichols? 

there is no comparison between signing willy with the extreme lack of time played, and nichols who has had a ton more starts. He certainly does have  a point about the turn overs and short field. Id even add the record number of FGs we kicked. 

Going off how the riders franchise has run under its current regime, I cant see any reason to believe they would find even a league average QB. The guy is a homer writing trash.  Mildly better then pederson. 

16 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Not sure if was posted anywhere yet... Hurb Zurkowsky reporting that the Als have officially added Joe Mack as their AGM... probably not the worst choice... he had a decent track record of bringing in imports... 

Yes, like QBs and O-linemen.

Durant throws Jones under the bus.
http://leaderpost.com/sports/football/cfl/saskatchewan-roughriders/darian-durant-comes-out-firing-after-signing-with-montreal

Money quote:

Durant didn’t want to get into a timeline of what led to a breakdown in talks with the Riders. But the turning point for Durant was when Jones called him “moderately successful’’ during an interview in November with the Leader-Post’s Rob Vanstone.

Alienating the one guy who is absolutely critical to your team's turnaround?  That is some top calibre people skills right there.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

I'm so glad the circus isn't here anymore.  It's been so long....

That is for damned sure. In the years before this group took over running the bombers it was such a gong show. I feel worse about the mike kelly / mac era then i do about the reinebold era. Some thing i never thought possible.  Would be great for the league if that mess got straightened out. Having laughing stock franchises is never good. That said im ok if the rider fans suffer a bit longer.