Around The League Off Season Discussion

Now that we have the QB situation somewhat sorted out, the Nichols/Adams signings today easily becomes the #1 story so far in the CFL. It's a big story for the Bombers and now they can focus on re-deploying their resources on whom they've figured they need. 

I had written this ?earlier today before I had to go out. It's still a very big CFL story and puts things back in perspective. The huge gulps you hear are coming from city just West of Winnipeg.

The biggest 2nd biggest story, so far, going into 2017, IMO, is the signing of Darian Durant by Kavis Reed. Many now believe the Als have the missing ingredient for a competitive season...for a 4th rounder in 2017, and a conditional pick in 2018. 
So now, Jones has to parlay those meagre assets to try and get a starter for the Riders. But, wait a minute, didn't he already have a starter in Regina?
Yeah, yeah, I know, he's been on the injury list lately. So has Collaros. So has Ray. Burris. Willy. Reilly. Etc.

But Jones had his starter, and could still develop somebody else. Does this make this move/non-move by Jones, the biggest flub of the year so far? 

Yeah, I hear Jones has a plan. Must be a doozy. He now has to convert his plan into reality...and the fans have to have faith.

If he scores Franklin, it will be at an enormous cost. If Hervey doesn't play some more with him.

Tate? Possible. Still a high cost.

Instead,  Jones is flirting with getting Duron Carter. To move? Or to play? At a cost. Again.

You know what?  I like our plan better.

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Wylie has gone back & forth between the NFL & CFL over the years. If it was just about money he'd never have come up here in the first place. Yet he has & he did. Cleveland over us?  All I can say is best of luck. Hope he's not out of work this time next year.

5 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Him and Hue Jackson go back along time. Hue Jackson turns Cleveland around if they get a competent QB.

Debatable. They need more than just a qb. A whole lot more & the qb they need has to be a superstar. That team is as bad as the Blue Bombers circa 2013.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

9 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Now that we have the QB situation somewhat sorted out, the Nichols/Adams signings today easily becomes the #1 story so far in the CFL. It's a big story for the Bombers and now they can focus on re-deploying their resources on whom they've figured they need. 

I had written this ?earlier today before I had to go out. It's still a very big CFL story and puts things back in perspective. The huge gulps you hear are coming from city just West of Winnipeg.

The biggest 2nd biggest story, so far, going into 2017, IMO, is the signing of Darian Durant by Kavis Reed. Many now believe the Als have the missing ingredient for a competitive season...for a 4th rounder in 2017, and a conditional pick in 2018. 
So now, Jones has to parlay those meagre assets to try and get a starter for the Riders. But, wait a minute, didn't he already have a starter in Regina?
Yeah, yeah, I know, he's been on the injury list lately. So has Collaros. So has Ray. Burris. Willy. Reilly. Etc.

But Jones had his starter, and could still develop somebody else. Does this make this move/non-move by Jones, the biggest flub of the year so far? 

Yeah, I hear Jones has a plan. Must be a doozy. He now has to convert his plan into reality...and the fans have to have faith.

If he scores Franklin, it will be at an enormous cost. If Hervey doesn't play some more with him.

Tate? Possible. Still a high cost.

Instead,  Jones is flirting with getting Duron Carter. To move? Or to play? At a cost. Again.

You know what?  I like our plan better.

Travis Lulay?

I wouldnt be surprised if Jones will overpay for Franklin. They have 10 picks in this coming CFL draft. I think he's willing to give up half of those just to get Franklin anyways he can always steal Nat players off others club. Just like what he did last year with BC.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

40 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Michael Bishop is what happens to teams that jettison their veteran QB with nothing but hopes and prayers to fill in. Mike Kelly had a plan named Stefan LeFors. How'd that work out. 

In fairness.... had he kept Kevin Glenn.... it would of been just as bad.    Kellys jet formation bizarre style of offense in the first 6 games of the season was just plain bizarre. No one would of succeeded.

23 minutes ago, Brandon said:

In fairness.... had he kept Kevin Glenn.... it would of been just as bad.    Kellys jet formation bizarre style of offense in the first 6 games of the season was just plain bizarre. No one would of succeeded.

That's true. Crazy to think we were a win away from hosting a playoff game that season.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

I don't know about that....Lefors was awful. Kelly's plan was too....but Lefors put an exclamation point on it by skipping balls and throwing passes into row 15.

44 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

I don't know about that....Lefors was awful. Kelly's plan was too....but Lefors put an exclamation point on it by skipping balls and throwing passes into row 15.

I don't remember his play being like that.

I remember him rolling out and then receivers getting confused and running the wrong routes and him having to throw the ball away since he was being swarmed by several guys. 

Or they would have some bizarre play with a lot of motion which then took forever to execute which by then had the whole defense swarming him and the receivers standing looking confused.

Lefors then going back to huddle angry and everyone being on the wrong page.

The guy was good in Edmonton and made smart decisions when he played here... he really had no chance to succeed.

It was funny that after he was hurt and once they brought in Bishop that the team reverted back to a common offense and things started to improve.