Around The League Off Season Discussion

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

Word around the Twitterverse this morning is that Burris is going to announce his retirement today.

I read that too. Today or tomorrow.

I wonder how he'll feel this summer without the game? And I wonder if he would consider returning if the option presented itself for a desperate team?

Give Duron Carter some credit, the guy still wants to play football,he's a very good player, he's going to play somewhere that is probably the last place he thought he'd be playing, and he plays hard every play as far as I can tell.

I seem to recall that the Bombers didn't exactly demolish the Roughriders last season. although the way they're going about it is unusual.

I predict they're (Sask) going to have a good team, this season, or next at the latest.

Edited by Mark F

25 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Riders are going to struggle till they fix there Canadian content and get a stable QB.

I agree with you about the QB part, unless we make a trade which I suspect is coming.  The NI part had a lot to do with Best and Labatte both being out at same time. Muamba helps on that front and hopefully a healthier Oline will see us looking a bit better. Our cupboards are a bit bare, need to draft another Olineman in first round this year. That part will take time.

19 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I agree with you about the QB part, unless we make a trade which I suspect is coming.  The NI part had a lot to do with Best and Labatte both being out at same time. Muamba helps on that front and hopefully a healthier Oline will see us looking a bit better. Our cupboards are a bit bare, need to draft another Olineman in first round this year. That part will take time.

I really dont think Hervey will trade with Jones,  not after last offseason.  And I dont think Montreal will trade Adams, still think the dark horse is a trade for Masoli

Just now, Taynted_Fayth said:

I really dont think Hervey will trade with Jones,  not after last offseason.  And I dont think Montreal will trade Adams, still think the dark horse is a trade for Masoli

I'm not so sure it's with Edmonton. Masoli is a possibility. Something is going to give I believe. Jones has something up his sleeve

5 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I'm not so sure it's with Edmonton. Masoli is a possibility. Something is going to give I believe. Jones has something up his sleeve

well when I look across the board, I doubt a deal is made with a rival western opponent. No team wants to help the other out, that's just reality.  if you look at the east, I think montreal will end up going DD, Adams, Cato as their 3 (cutting crompton). Only reason I dont think Cato goes to sask is because of the impending carter signing.  Ottawa; with Burris retiring,  they will need to hold onto Harris and Jensen. Toronto: Ray and Willy... I think they are stuck with them.  Hamilton,  Collaros, Masoli, Matthews... I think masoli has shown he will not unseat Collaros head to head, and matthews might be their future.  so Masoli becomes expendable for the right price

I  actually thought Masoli was a free agent and honestly thought he was pretty good at times last year for the ticats. Was he not .500 as a starter? Not bad... I know that he throws the random back breaking interception but as a backup... I'd almost want the bombers to give him a shot. Hea shown he can win games in this league... if I'm the Bombers I'd seriously consider offering him a contract. As backup options go... he's not that bad.  

Edited by Goalie

20 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

well when I look across the board, I doubt a deal is made with a rival western opponent. No team wants to help the other out, that's just reality.  if you look at the east, I think montreal will end up going DD, Adams, Cato as their 3 (cutting crompton). Only reason I dont think Cato goes to sask is because of the impending carter signing.  Ottawa; with Burris retiring,  they will need to hold onto Harris and Jensen. Toronto: Ray and Willy... I think they are stuck with them.  Hamilton,  Collaros, Masoli, Matthews... I think masoli has shown he will not unseat Collaros head to head, and matthews might be their future.  so Masoli becomes expendable for the right price

Lefevour, Cato or Crompton might move to the RB's to replace Burris.  Not sure they'd rely on Jensen as a backup just yet.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

32 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

A new Head Coach & GM would help also.

I don't think coaching is the problem but I do think he's spread thin. I think you can be GM and Coach if you have the right group around you. I'm not sure if Jones has that right group yet. I guess we'll see.