Around The League Off Season Discussion

15 hours ago, Kluchk said:

Really. And why do you think that? Because they're in a rebuild. Hmmmmm aren't the bluebombers doing the same? Last year the Bombers fans were about to run the Coach O out of town until he started winning. Sorry but your team is no further ahead than the Riders. And you still have yet to sign Nichols. So your QB situation is currently the same as the Riders.

11-7 = 5-13?  Rider math at it's finest.

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

wish him all the luck in the world, but damn that sucks for us

Why would he go to Cleveland seeing how bad their OL is & the high probability that Hue Jackson is fired after the 2017 season? Finally had a talented line here & he could have enjoyed coaching that unit with a team on the rise. Instead he'll be constantly putting out fires with the Browns who are the worst team in the NFL. I never understood these old coaches that seem to drift around from job to job to job. They never stay in one place too long & have sacrificed their health & personal life for that nomadic lifestyle. In the end, all they have is the game. To each his own I guess. You couldn't pay me to live like that.

I can think of 3 reasons off the top of my head:

1. Wylie is 65.  If he can get a few years at an NFL salary before he retires, can you really blame him?
  2. He is American, so there has to be an allure of coaching in your home country.
  3. The NFL is a higher level league with higher level talent than the CFL.  It is the big show.  Lots of people want to compete at the highest level they can to match themselves against the best of the best. 

51 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Why would he go to Cleveland seeing how bad their OL is & the high probability that Hue Jackson is fired after the 2017 season? Finally had a talented line here & he could have enjoyed coaching that unit with a team on the rise. Instead he'll be constantly putting out fires with the Browns who are the worst team in the NFL. I never understood these old coaches that seem to drift around from job to job to job. They never stay in one place too long & have sacrificed their health & personal life for that nomadic lifestyle. In the end, all they have is the game. To each his own I guess. You couldn't pay me to live like that.

I've heard he doesnt really need the work, I'm sure his time with the raiders and the clinics he was putting on saw him paid very well, but the guy is a workaholic and wants the challenge

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

17 hours ago, Kluchk said:

Really. And why do you think that? Because they're in a rebuild. Hmmmmm aren't the bluebombers doing the same? Last year the Bombers fans were about to run the Coach O out of town until he started winning. Sorry but your team is no further ahead than the Riders. And you still have yet to sign Nichols. So your QB situation is currently the same as the Riders.

Yes, we are. We still have the exclusive right to negotiate with Nichols for the next few weeks. The Riders have no experienced QBs and have no ability to negotiate until FA begins.

There's a lot of value in that.

Of course, if you never intended on bringing Durant back, why not trade him. But, today, the Riders do not have a starting QB.

41 minutes ago, JCon said:

Yes, we are. We still have the exclusive right to negotiate with Nichols for the next few weeks. The Riders have no experienced QBs and have no ability to negotiate until FA begins.

There's a lot of value in that.

Of course, if you never intended on bringing Durant back, why not trade him. But, today, the Riders do not have a starting QB.

Agreed.

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Him and Hue Jackson go back along time. Hue Jackson turns Cleveland around if they get a competent QB.

14 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

That's like asking "What's wrong with explosive diarrhea?"  Once you've experienced it, you know.

Makes no sense. I could say the exact same thing about the Bombers who have been in a 26 year drought. End of the day, who cares. You support your team and that's what matters. No idea why people always tend to bash other fans because of their team preference.

7 minutes ago, Kluchk said:

Makes no sense. I could say the exact same thing about the Bombers who have been in a 26 year drought. End of the day, who cares. You support your team and that's what matters. No idea why people always tend to bash other fans because of their team preference.

Its kind of like coming onto another teams fan forum and complaining that they take "shots" at your team.  No idea why people do that and why they are surprised it happens.

18 hours ago, Kluchk said:

No it's not, the Bombers want Nichols back and Nichols wants to be back, they're just hammering out a deal that works for both sides. What the Riders did was alienate their starting qb, who was a damned good one as the Riders record with and without him the past few seasons should indicate, and traded him away because they had no intention of even trying to get him back. That's a monumentally stupid move. You don't ditch a quality veteran qb when you got sweet **** all at the position, that's Mike Kelly levels of dumb. 

20 minutes ago, Kluchk said:

That's ok.  I'm sure that explosive diarrhea doesn't understand what all the fuss is about either.

40 minutes ago, Kluchk said:

No idea?  For the answers, look back to when sport was invented.

Edited by HardCoreBlue

On ‎01‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:19 PM, Kluchk said:

It's funny. All you Bluebomber fans are giving rider nation the gears because of their quarterback situation. Last time I checked the Bombers have 1 QB at the name or Dominique Davis. Unless I'm missing something but I think you guys should be worried about finding your starter if Nichols doesn't sign back. 

Just signed him hehe

as per Lawless:

gary lawless ‏@garylawless  6m6 minutes ago

told @Wpg_BlueBombers and Matt Nichols working on finalizing 3-year deal and they hope to have it done so he can sign it while in town #cfl

So I think we can definitely call 'er done. Great news, I reckon....

19 hours ago, Kluchk said:

And yet only a few hours later...

5 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

11-7 = 5-13?  Rider math at it's finest.

no joke. The riders couldnt be further off what we have right now. They are in the same position we held LAST year. Only they dont have the NI depth. and we know they dont have a qb. Or a Defense. The riders arent close to what montreal has.