Around The League Off Season Discussion

41 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Wow.  Blown away!  Good for ol' KG...

Roosevelt-Edwards-Collins-Carter-Bagg could make him look good - or go off the rails by game three...

Very similar to last year. Competent QB, young talented WRs, and not much else. Maybe the worst line in the league no D etc. Its a lateral move for the riders, who were the dredges of the league last year. Its a lateral move for KG. From mtl last year to ssk this year. MTL with durant as well. Though atleast MTL has some good bodies on D. 

As for us, it sucks. Hes really the perfect guy for a no2 for us. I really hope we dont stand pat at QB and go into camp with no real in game exp at qb 2/3. 

8 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Very similar to last year. Competent QB, young talented WRs, and not much else. Maybe the worst line in the league no D etc. Its a lateral move for the riders, who were the dredges of the league last year. Its a lateral move for KG. From mtl last year to ssk this year. MTL with durant as well. Though atleast MTL has some good bodies on D. 

As for us, it sucks. Hes really the perfect guy for a no2 for us. I really hope we dont stand pat at QB and go into camp with no real in game exp at qb 2/3. 

If you're suggesting that going from Durant to Glenn is a lateral move, well let's just say... on second thought, no, I better not say.

13 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Lots of time left til training camp for the Riders to improve their roster.  They've made some cap space and I expect them to spend in free agency like the Bombers did last year.

As for the Bombers it would be nice to get an experienced arm but I wouldn't count on it.   Maybe a guy like LeFevour.

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Lots of time left til training camp for the Riders to improve their roster.  They've made some cap space and I expect them to spend in free agency like the Bombers did last year.

As for the Bombers it would be nice to get an experienced arm but I wouldn't count on it.   Maybe a guy like LeFevour.

Thats true, but Olines are the hardest and slowest to build. we hit the lotto with imp ol in bond and even with a ton of talent it took a good while to get put together and come around.  I imagine glenn is close to durants money, and didnt they sign henoc muamba to a massive deal?

So far as back ups go the long list of guys that would be available one way or another is probably masoli, ray, cato, lefevour, kilgore, franklin, jensen, tate, and lulay. I dont think masoli is much of a pick up, and i dont think hammer would move him at a reasonable price. Ray/lefevour/kilgore are varying degrees of cost and desire. Im guessing they would move ray, but not too cheap. Lefevour might be the best bang for the buck. Franklin probably costs a fortune. Jensen is kind of a similar situation to franklin but with out all the hype. And like masoli in hamilton i dont see them wanting to give him up. Maybe one of lulay/tate get dealt probably tate. Mtl has vernon adams in the wings, and durant so cato especially with their cap troubles could be had i imagine. 

So short list some thing like lefevour, cato probably the most reasonable. Id prefer cato of the two. If we want to really give up assets and get a return with high up side, lulay/tate/ray/franklin. Kind of thin pickins but moves to be made. 

22 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Thats true, but Olines are the hardest and slowest to build. we hit the lotto with imp ol in bond and even with a ton of talent it took a good while to get put together and come around.  I imagine glenn is close to durants money, and didnt they sign henoc muamba to a massive deal?

So far as back ups go the long list of guys that would be available one way or another is probably masoli, ray, cato, lefevour, kilgore, franklin, jensen, tate, and lulay. I dont think masoli is much of a pick up, and i dont think hammer would move him at a reasonable price. Ray/lefevour/kilgore are varying degrees of cost and desire. Im guessing they would move ray, but not too cheap. Lefevour might be the best bang for the buck. Franklin probably costs a fortune. Jensen is kind of a similar situation to franklin but with out all the hype. And like masoli in hamilton i dont see them wanting to give him up. Maybe one of lulay/tate get dealt probably tate. Mtl has vernon adams in the wings, and durant so cato especially with their cap troubles could be had i imagine. 

So short list some thing like lefevour, cato probably the most reasonable. Id prefer cato of the two. If we want to really give up assets and get a return with high up side, lulay/tate/ray/franklin. Kind of thin pickins but moves to be made. 

You forgot Crompton, he could be in the mix if healthy.

50 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Very similar to last year. Competent QB, young talented WRs, and not much else. Maybe the worst line in the league.

How good is that line when it's healthy?  They were missing two canadian starters for a bunch of last year, that'd be tough sledding for any team.

(Except for Calgary, because apparently Hufnagel has a special lawn where starting-calibre CFL players grow like dandelions.)

40 minutes ago, Atomic said:

How much cap space can the Riders really have? They've signed guys like Jefferson, Carter and Henoc to big bucks. 

6 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

How much cap space can the Riders really have? They've signed guys like Jefferson, Carter and Henoc to big bucks. 

Yeah, I guess they have already started to spend.  But they also have around 20 of their own free agent so I'm guessing we see a very different Rider squad next year especially on defence.  They fielded 20 new guys every week last season so imagine what Chris Jones can do in a year..

41 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Yeah, I guess they have already started to spend.  But they also have around 20 of their own free agent so I'm guessing we see a very different Rider squad next year especially on defence.  They fielded 20 new guys every week last season so imagine what Chris Jones can do in a year..

Get your popcorn ready- this is gonna be a show.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

I understand that the houses are being prepared for the 40 or so "tourists" as we speak.

15 minutes ago, Kluchk said:

You honestly think he's plan A? I thought you guys around here were smarter.

Shhh, grownups, with teeth and not related to their spouses are talking.

25 minutes ago, Kluchk said:

You honestly think he's plan A? I thought you guys around here were smarter.

He's far and away the best quarterback on the Riders roster, that's a nightmare for the Riders. If Glenn starts you know the season is a write off before it even begins, and if either Bridge or Waters start someone significantly less experienced and clearly of inferior talent is playing ahead of him. It's a total **** show.

Edited by Judd

7 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Hahaha Kevin Glenn is your plan A, oh man that is too rich. Durant not good enough, get me Kevin Glenn! **** what a tool Jones is. 

Apparently all that really mattered was Jones winning the standoff with Durant. Congratulations are in order.

Way to go Jonesie . You did it !

Edited by Zontar

Astonishing rationalization of Glenn signing. He stopped being an effective QB on any level two years ago so he is of no value if wheels come off whatever QB of the Month Club Jones has to start season off.

Mentor ? Glenn's never mentored another QB in his life . He is naturally dour, introverted and often sullen . To ask him to be a constantly nurturing and supportive teacher is ridiculous.