Around The League Playoff Discussion

Mike

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

BC will have a chance to win the game by 1 pt on McCallum FG. He miss and the Bombers win. 

The next day McCallum found lots of dog poo on his lawn and get a lot of phone calls from his clients pulling out their deals.

I hate it when clients pull out their deals.

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

You've been gone from Winnipeg for too long :) 

Doh! Good grief! I used to work there! Next you'll be telling me Symington yard is gone too. The rest of my 'Peg buddies worked there.

5 hours ago, Chaosmonkey said:

I don't know what item has you pegged as living in a fantasy world more, your description of the game, or the idea that they would run a greycup parade down regent......

Hey man. Like ya know. Sending positive vibes dude. Yah. It's like, well out there. The bombers can grab those vibes man. Cool. It's all in the universe. It could happen ya know. And I've seen it, ya know. Cool. Peace bro. 

23 hours ago, Tehedra said:

Winnipeg wins by a Rouge, scored in the dieing seconds of the game off the amazing foot of medlock.

He drops back to punt but kicks the ball soo well it goes for a drop kick field goal cus even when hes not trying hes that damned good. :lol:

22 hours ago, lyin' guy said:

Whatever the outcome I would like the winner of this game to beat the Stamps.

QFT. Im pretty sure most every teams fans are saying the same.

Edited by wbbfan

For me its the Esk's not winning that is important.  They are the only team in the league that I hate. I would like to see the Stamps out also, they have won enough, but honestly don't see anyone beating them this year. As for you guys, get after it. Let's bring that cup back to the prairies where it belongs. Defence wins championships. I'll be cheering for you this weekend. Good luck to you guys.

17 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

http://3downnation.com/2016/11/16/cfl-admits-made-mistakes-two-close-calls-ticats-playoff-loss-esks/

Time for the CFL to save money writing new apologies and just invest in a rubber stamp with a blank line for the team name.

#CFL vice president of football Glen Johnson said Wednesday the calls “do not meet the standard” set by the league. - @scratchingpost
?‍?This is highly distressing news. Two bad calls - same review - in a playoff game?
And...Jeff Harbin was the same replay official who blew both game changing calls against #Ticats in 2 seperate instances. #CFL
And...Who was responsible for Harbin being the replay official in booth BOTH times? Especially after Harbin blew the game vs. #Redblacks. #CFL

Wow, do they need to review the review process, and maybe not ever have this Harbin guy do review calls again. 

Unofficial list of pending freeagents for the Argos

QB Dan LeFevour
RB Brandon Whitaker
RB Anthony Coombs*
OL Tyler Holmes*
OL Chris Van Zeyl*
OL Greg Van Roten
WR Diontae Spencer
WR Andre Durie*
WR Kenny Shaw
DL Justin Hickman
DL Tracy Robertson
DL Bryan Hall
LB Kyler Elsworth
LB Cory Greenwood*
LB James Yurichuk*
LB Brandon Isaac
DB Matt Black*
DB Michael Carter*
DB A.J. Jefferson
DB Devin Smith
DB Isaiah Green 
DB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
K Lirim Hajrullahu*
LS Jake Reinhart*

* denotes National

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/11/07/argos-face-winter-of-discontent

Edited by M.O.A.B.

For Ti-Cats...

QB Jeff Mathews
QB Jacory Harris
RB Anthony Woodson*
RB Kendial Lawrence
RB Da’Rel Scott
REC Chad Owens
REC Terrence Toliver
REC Kevin Elliott
REC John Chiles
REC Giovanni Aprile*
REC Matt Coates*
OL Xavier Fulton
OL Landon Rice*
DL Drake Nevis
DL Louis Richardson*
DL Ron Omara*
LB Johnny Sears
LB Rico Murray
LB Keon Raymond
LB Beau Landry*
DB Johnny Adams
DB Mike Daly*
DB Emanuel Davis
DB Shane Herbert*
DB Cleshawn Page
DB Jermaine Robinson
K Brett Maher

*denotes National

http://3downnation.com/2016/11/18/early-look-2017-hamilton-tiger-cats/

Edited by M.O.A.B.

On 11/18/2016 at 1:35 PM, Jpan85 said:

Greenwood is too much of a health concern. Has had concussion problems in the past.

great skill set, right pass port, but hes never lived up the hype or stayed healthy. Will probably still bring a premium pay day in too. 

On 11/18/2016 at 10:00 AM, Brandon said:

Coombs would be the only one I'd like...

kyler elsworth would be a good addition. Made a bunch of plays in MTL in TO mostly played teams, where he was very good. Llevi noel and james yurichuk 2 nucks who are also  good teamers. I Like llevi noels skill set too. Hes be a great sleeper pick up. His contribution over all compared to some one like addison richards would be a strong upgrade. 

I might take a gamble on johnny aprile at this point our NI wrs should be real un comfortable. Id bring in as many as possible to push and try to find some thing.

Maybe louis richardson if we wanted to have a chance for trent corney to start.

Other then that it never hurts to bring in a vet NI OL on the cheap. 

36 minutes ago, Rich said:

If true, even with Ottawa making it into the big game, attendance for this game is going to be a disaster.  Toronto will lose money on this.

What a black eye for the league if this is true.  Our marquis game and we can't sell more than 16000 tickets in the nation's largest centre?  Embarrassing.

They've really set the price for Grey Cup tickets too high.   Last year too in Winnipeg they were too high.

Once the price point gets up to $400 and $500 for a single ticket, people are going to start questioning whether it is worth it.  The Grey Cup has always been about the country travelling and uniting in the host city.   Grassroots for the average fan.  Once you factor in airfare and hotel and slap an extra $500 on top of that for a single ticket ($1,000 if you are a travelling couple), people are going to think twice about going and stay home to watch the game.

Ticket pricing should top out at $300 - $350 and go down from there.   Setting prices too high, then having sales to bring attendance up just trains people not to buy tickets ahead of time and wait for the price drop.  It isn't a good thing.

For a league with a downward trend in attendance, they need to market and price this game to drum up excitement and get people out to the game.  Not turn them off further.