The Inside Track

Mark H.

Believe it or not, I flew to Ottawa this morning and was seated next to Henry Burris:

Dude is ridiculously into NFL & fantasy football.  His kids play hockey (thank you Canada)

A few tidbits he dropped about the game and other things:

1. Sinopoli was open behind our SAM LB almost every play. He said he could have thrown there more often but 'the defense had this one, it didn't even matter.'

2. Thinks the Bombers are a good team that had an off game. 'We cashed in on that and locked up first place, yes sir.'

3. He was talking about buying $60 shots of whiskey the night before. One of the coaches walks by and says 'thanks for the scotch. Hank replies 'any time.'

4. He likes to shoot the breeze with his OL - until two of them managed to move up to first class seats. Pretty big dudes to be seated in economy.

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Did he teach you all about taking credit for all good things, but throwing everyone else under the bus when bad things happen to you? That's about the only thing I'd trust his advice on...

Lol. He actually explained to Chris Williams why he didn't throw to him on a certain route. 'Brad was open, it was a safe throw to move the chains.' 

14 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Believe it or not, I flew to Ottawa this morning and was seated next to Henry Burris:

Dude is ridiculously into NFL & fantasy football.  His kids play hockey (thank you Canada)

A few tidbits he dropped about the game and other things:

1. Sinopoli was open behind our SAM LB almost every play. He said he could have thrown there more often but 'the defense had this one, it didn't even matter.'

2. Thinks the Bombers are a good team that had an off game. 'We cashed in on that and locked up first place, yes sir.'

3. He was talking about buying $60 shots of whiskey the night before. One of the coaches walks by and says 'thanks for the scotch. Hank replies 'any time.'

4. He likes to shoot the breeze with his OL - until two of them managed to move up to first class seats. Pretty big dudes to be seated in economy.

If Sinopoli was open every play he would have had a career day and so would Hank. Suggesting that he could have set some offensive records but chose not to is just ridiculous, and I can't believe you believed that pile of manure. Especially when he's trying to make a statement for continued employment next year.

5 hours ago, gcn11 said:

If Sinopoli was open every play he would have had a career day and so would Hank. Suggesting that he could have set some offensive records but chose not to is just ridiculous, and I can't believe you believed that pile of manure. Especially when he's trying to make a statement for continued employment next year.

Oh sure, he would tell me that in order to get employed again next year. Nothing was said about offensive records, other than by yourself.  He meant that Sinopoli was generally open as an outlet option, nothing more than that.

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

Did he teach you all about taking credit for all good things, but throwing everyone else under the bus when bad things happen to you? That's about the only thing I'd trust his advice on...

Certainly one of the least liked qbs in recent memory. Him and casey printers. Gotta hand it to him though he still has game left even at a zillion years old. 

6 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

Love him or hate him.  He's carved out a successful career as a CFL QB.  And with the lack of QB talent in the CFL right now.  He could probably play until he's 60. 

True but just the thought of it. Yuck!

On ‎2016‎-‎10‎-‎31 at 1:20 PM, Mark H. said:

Oh sure, he would tell me that in order to get employed again next year. Nothing was said about offensive records, other than by yourself.  He meant that Sinopoli was generally open as an outlet option, nothing more than that.

If Sinopoli was open behind the SAM, Burris would have taken that all day long until we stopped it. Behind the LBer corps is not an outlet option. That's football 101. There is no way that Burris had that option but chose not to take it. I'm sure this is what Burris said to you, but it was a big fat lie.

1 hour ago, gcn11 said:

If Sinopoli was open behind the SAM, Burris would have taken that all day long until we stopped it. Behind the LBer corps is not an outlet option. That's football 101. There is no way that Burris had that option but chose not to take it. I'm sure this is what Burris said to you, but it was a big fat lie.

I think it's pretty clear it was more of an exaggeration than a lie... what he likely meant was Sinopoli was open behind the LBs 5 or 6 times... which is essentially "all day" in football speak...

Yeah, I saw how open Sinopoli was when he had to make a great leaping catch in front of, and behind - Leggett, Burnett, and Loffler. There was another Bomber whose number I didn't get because he flew by the play...just missing knocking down the ball. Must have been after that where Burris decided maybe it does matter..

4 hours ago, gcn11 said:

That's exactly what this D wants the QB to think and one of the reasons they get so many picks.  They're just waiting for Ol' Henry to go back to the well once too often, so that they can kick him in the nuts, steal his bucket and run like hell!  Henry don't learn too well, hopefully the Bombers meet up with him again in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

That's exactly what this D wants the QB to think and one of the reasons they get so many picks.  They're just waiting for Ol' Henry to go back to the well once too often, so that they can kick him in the nuts, steal his bucket and run like hell!  Henry don't learn too well, hopefully the Bombers meet up with him again in the playoffs.

Ideally in Toronto!

On 10/31/2016 at 4:01 PM, 17to85 said:

he's a hell of an athlete, no one ever questioned that, he's also a generational level puss. 

Mhm equally high level dbag / C word. Prolly the last guy in the league i want on the bombers, and im not normally one to say pass on talent for being a head case.