Riders Vs. Als "Bottom of the Barrel Edition"

20 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

But sometimes guys have bad seasons and bounce back, I never doubted that Arugula would bounce back, but Kyle Walters has a history of not giving guys that chance to rebound. 

Lets' have some names...that's quite the accusation!

Hajrullahu has reclaimed his career and his release has to be another black mark against the current regime's ability to assess talent properly.

The two aren't related. 

Haj was done here and it had nothing to do with talent assessment. He had to go elsewhere, both for himself and Winnipeg's sake. The fans would have been horrendous on him for each miss. And Winnipeg needed better at kicking, so they got the best. Had to. Losing 2-3 games through kicking can't be tolerated. We all know that.

It wasn't the fact if Haj could rebound or not, he simply had a target on his back, and that was extra pressure he didn't need. The wolves wre howling...and rightly so.

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

The two aren't related. 

Haj was done here and it had nothing to do with talent assessment. He had to go elsewhere, both for himself and Winnipeg's sake. The fans would have been horrendous on him for each miss. And Winnipeg needed better at kicking, so they got the best. Had to. Losing 2-3 games through kicking can't be tolerated. We all know that.

It wasn't the fact if Haj could rebound or not, he simply had a target on his back, and that was extra pressure he didn't need. The wolves wre howling...and rightly so.

Hajrullahu should have owned up after that horrendous loss to Edmonton last season instead of ducking out of the stadium so he wouldn't face the media. Qbs who throw game losing ints (like Burris last night) or running backs who fumbles the game away or receivers that have the dropsies all have to talk to the media. Lirim didn't & admitted later that was a mistake.

If a player owns up, takes responsibility  & says the loss is on him, then fans will respond positively. He didn't do that & effectively that was it for him in Winnipeg. Dee's right. He had to leave. He's playing great in Toronto & good for him. Would he being playing that way here after last season? Debatable.

16 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Hajrullahu should have owned up after that horrendous loss to Edmonton last season instead of ducking out of the stadium so he wouldn't face the media. Qbs who throw game losing ints (like Burris last night) or running backs who fumbles the game away or receivers that have the dropsies all have to talk to the media. Lirim didn't & admitted later that was a mistake.

If a player owns up, takes responsibility  & says the loss is on him, then fans will respond positively. He didn't do that & effectively that was it for him in Winnipeg. Dee's right. He had to leave. He's playing great in Toronto & good for him. Would he being playing that way here after last season? Debatable.

I have a feeling the kicker we saw last year will make an appearance in Toronto yet. Just a matter of time.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Well there's Arugula, Denmark and Moore from just this past offseason.

Moore has already played his six games for this year and is done. Tore his ACL on a TD celebration, if you can believe it. That's about his season shelf life, about six games, if you are lucky.  He played well when in the line up but he's hurt too much.  Not sad to see him gone.

All you have to do is look at Edmonton to see Bomber names that were dismissed as not being good enough playing extremely well like Sorensen, Watson, Greaves, Willis, Bowman.  I hesitate to mention Muamba as he may be part of the dumpster fire that is the Edmonton secondary right now.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

20 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Moore has already played his six games for this year and is done. Tore his ACL on a TD celebration, if you can believe it. That's about his season shelf life, about six games, if you are lucky.  He played well when in the line up but he's hurt too much.  Not sad to see him gone.

All you have to do is look at Edmonton to see Bomber names that were dismissed as not being good enough playing extremely well like Sorensen, Watson, Greaves, Willis, Bowman.  I hesitate to mention Muamba as he may be part of the dumpster fire that is the Edmonton secondary right now.

Cauchy has a GC ring, while brother Henoc is still looking for work. :)

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

59 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Looks like the Als have released Brandon Bridge.  My only interest is that I don't need to hear Rod Black go on about "Air Canada" every time he comes in for a one yard dive.

I would like to see Bridge here for a tryout. After all, we are River City.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Weak example...

Moore was injury prone,Denmarr was replaced by better talent and Argula sucked and was upgraded.

Was Denmark replaced by better talent though? Injury prone is still something that you can give 2nd chances too and the whole point with lirim is that he had a good rookie year and poor sophmore year so you could in theory say the poor 2nd year is the anomaly and give him a chance to redeem himself. Not the only guys Walters has moved on from quickly either and I doubt they are the last. Guy is quick to move on.

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Well there's Arugula, Denmark and Moore from just this past offseason.

I don't really like Arugula...it doesn't taste good. Moore was injured most of the time and dropped catchable balls...why shouldn't he drop him? Denmark? was a business decision making too much money...your accusation does not hold up.

3 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Cauchy has a GC ring, while brother Henoc is still looking for work. :)

Hes trying to catch an nfl gig thats a bit different :P cauchy will only make the nfl is from his couch playing madden.

iirc jock slimey has a couple rings more then milt too. and we had a wr marcus some thing who won back to back super bowls in the nfl, at a teams guy / pr. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Was Denmark replaced by better talent though? Injury prone is still something that you can give 2nd chances too and the whole point with Lirim is that he had a good rookie year and poor sophomore year so you could in theory say the poor 2nd year is the anomaly and give him a chance to redeem himself. Not the only guys Walters has moved on from quickly either and I doubt they are the last. Guy is quick to move on.

Medlock is certainly no worse than Hajrullahu at his best, but is not a homeboy. Doesn't seem to be an improvement, but whose decision was it to cut Hajrullahu?

11 minutes ago, tracker said:

Medlock is certainly no worse than Hajrullahu at his best, but is not a homeboy. Doesn't seem to be an improvement, but whose decision was it to cut Hajrullahu?

As stated before Lirim wasn't cut, he went to F.A.   Walters said a few times that he intended to re-sign him but couldn't get his signature on a contract for whatever reason.   After his successful first season there was a narrative that Lirim intended to give the NFL a shot, so he had no long-term plans with the Bombers anyway.  

I was told by a good friend of th Bombers that after Lirims first year with the Bombers he did want to take a shot in the NFL and the entire off season worked and practiced kicking and punting the ball differently for the NFL (yes they are different techniques) so his second year with the Bombers wasn't as good because he was still trying his NFL style. He probably spent last offseason working on the CFL game. 

10 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I was told by a good friend of th Bombers that after Lirims first year with the Bombers he did want to take a shot in the NFL and the entire off season worked and practiced kicking and punting the ball differently for the NFL (yes they are different techniques) so his second year with the Bombers wasn't as good because he was still trying his NFL style. He probably spent last offseason working on the CFL game. 

Ya well he sucked at NFL style and CFL as well last year so that worked out good for us as we let his sorry a** walk ...