Riders Vs. Als "Bottom of the Barrel Edition"

6 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Jock was a ham and egger his whole career.

Corrected he didnt i thought he was in TO when they did. 

Looking at his stats I couldnt believe he was a 3 time cfl all star. And 3 good years no less. 

This NFL cut down could be interesting. Lots of guys lingering down there. though at this point I hope henoc makes it and sticks on teams / pr. 

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Corrected he didn't i thought he was in TO when they did. 

Looking at his stats I couldn't believe he was a 3 time cfl all star. And 3 good years no less. 

This NFL cut down could be interesting. Lots of guys lingering down there. though at this point I hope Henoc makes it and sticks on teams / pr. 

We still need a burner receiver and a solid MLB. We might have these on hand but who knows? Maybe we will have some answers by this time tomorrow.

Just now, tracker said:

We still need a burner receiver and a solid MLB. We might have these on hand but who knows? Maybe we will have some answers by this time tomorrow.

I think we just need to stay healthy at wr, and get more aggressive on offense. That said dangerous wrs are allways a premium. A big body to do some fade routes would be great too. I dont think we need any lber's half the team seems to be a LBer and our 3 are a great strength. 

Id like to see us bring in more rush ends if what we have doesnt step up. A high up side young qb would be nice. Some one with a full passing tool set ideally. 

Ol, even though they played well its still a position you can never have enough bodies at. 

9 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Corrected he didnt i thought he was in TO when they did. 

Looking at his stats I couldnt believe he was a 3 time cfl all star. And 3 good years no less. 

This NFL cut down could be interesting. Lots of guys lingering down there. though at this point I hope henoc makes it and sticks on teams / pr. 

Muamba won't make it out of camp. You are right about Clime, never realized he had 4 1000 yard seasons. 3 in excess of 1200 to boot. I guess he flew under Cahoons radar, I never noticed him

Just now, wbbfan said:

I think we just need to stay healthy at wr, and get more aggressive on offense. That said dangerous wrs are always a premium. A big body to do some fade routes would be great too. I don't think we need any lber's half the team seems to be a LBer and our 3 are a great strength. 

Id like to see us bring in more rush ends if what we have doesn't step up. A high up side young qb would be nice. Some one with a full passing tool set ideally. 

Ol, even though they played well its still a position you can never have enough bodies at. 

We have a whack of LBs on hand for some reason, and maybe Knox is the answer at MLB, but Bass still hasn't convinced me he is the answer. We could always use a dominant DE despite Green being given the job. I've given up on waiting for a really, really good young QB prospect.

3 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Muamba won't make it out of camp. You are right about Clime, never realized he had 4 1000 yard seasons. 3 in excess of 1200 to boot. I guess he flew under Cahoon's radar, I never noticed him

I have never really accepted Cahoon as a legit Canuck as he got in under a technicality. He was good, though and kudos to Popp and Co. for finding him.

36 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

So the Riders lose by 38 and also get a call from the league that they broke ratio rules this season...... What a hot mess. 

I don't know which one I am madder about, losing or hiring a new coaching staff that doesn't have a handle on the f'n ratio

48 minutes ago, tracker said:

We have a whack of LBs on hand for some reason, and maybe Knox is the answer at MLB, but Bass still hasn't convinced me he is the answer. We could always use a dominant DE despite Green being given the job. I've given up on waiting for a really, really good young QB prospect.

logan plays mlb here. 

51 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Muamba won't make it out of camp. You are right about Clime, never realized he had 4 1000 yard seasons. 3 in excess of 1200 to boot. I guess he flew under Cahoons radar, I never noticed him

I think henoc will be on his last shot. Just about any guy whose in a camp can make the team if they put there mind to it on teams 100%. I hope henoc does that. Im tired of all the will he wont he play stuff.  I think clime flew under because it was such a gap between his last year and his most productive era.  Really shocked though.

29 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Born in Utah. He isn't Canadian

QFT

56 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Guys that are classified as Canadians have even less stipulations today. Nobody would bat an eye at his national status now.

wasnt his status some thing like his mother spent a few years in HS north of the border or some thing?

7 hours ago, wbbfan said:

wasnt his status some thing like his mother spent a few years in HS north of the border or some thing?

I believe he did actually live here for a brief period and played some high school ball in Canada... 

18 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I believe he did actually live here for a brief period and played some high school ball in Canada... 

18 minutes ago, Noeller said:

And here I thought his mother came up for a wicked weekend- just long enough for a few drinks and a one-night stand.

9 hours ago, Ripper said:

I don't know which one I am madder about, losing or hiring a new coaching staff that doesn't have a handle on the f'n ratio

My question is, would there have been a punishment handed down if the Riders had won rather than getting their asses handed to them? How would that have played out. The other question, what the hell were the refs watching that they didn't notice it? The whole point of designated imports is to prevent this sort of thing from happening. 

47 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

My question is, would there have been a punishment handed down if the Riders had won rather than getting their asses handed to them? How would that have played out. The other question, what the hell were the refs watching that they didn't notice it? The whole point of designated imports is to prevent this sort of thing from happening. 

I'm not sure of all the details as of yet. Not sure which game it even happened in. Also not even sure how many times in the game it happened. If they sub one guy in on one play once I can see the ref missing it with all that is going on. But if its going on throughout the game yes the ref should spot it.

Jesus. I hope it didn't happen last game cuz getting your ass wooped is bad but getting your ass wooped and cheating.... that's just.... will Chris Jones last the year? Cuz right now.... I can't believe I'm going to say this.... but he's made things way worse. 

11 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Jesus. I hope it didn't happen last game cuz getting your ass wooped is bad but getting your ass wooped and cheating.... that's just.... will Chris Jones last the year? Cuz right now.... I can't believe I'm going to say this.... but he's made things way worse. 

He definitely has. All of the ''Chris jones guys'' have been COMPLETE busts.

Capicotti, Lemon, Mo Price, Chiles, Lawrence, Steele, Chambers, Mcdonald. All of those guys have been a swing and miss for them. Not to mention the fact they've lost literally every trade they've made. The Riders right now are actually a bigger mess than they were when Jones took over IMO. He's a good coach but he's easily the worst GM in the league right now.

Edited by Blueandgold