Riders Vs. Als "Bottom of the Barrel Edition"

12 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

How bad are the Riders that they got absolutely curb stomped by the next worse team in the league? I absolutely love it.

The best part about all this, is that somehow, someway, they're actually a worse team than last year. No idea how but that team is garbage. 

Bombers better lock up the cabinet and hide their D-backs well, Jones has nothing in that department.

11 hours ago, iso_55 said:

if Wally is angry at Jennings then he better have a long talk with the Man In The Mirror & get a reality check.

Wally is an ******* so I doubt that happens.

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 11:13 AM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Oh, they're already restless and the defenders of Jonestown have gone into hiding.

I'm not happy with what I have seen. Don't mind losing, hate the lack of intensity and heart this team is showing.   

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 0:02 PM, tracker said:

From that putrid display from the Riders, if the Bombers cannot finish ahead of them, there has to be something terribly, terribly wrong.

Lots of football yet to play. We are certainly sucking right now that's for sure.

On July 30, 2016 at 0:15 PM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Anybody else notice that Solly is no longer a force of nature?  Looks like the injuries have finally caught up with him and Bighill is now their best LB.

I don't find many WIL or MAC LBs too impactful on the game now.  Literally nobody runs the ball more than a handful of times a game.  Better have a guy who can rush the passer and be smart in zone coverage.

45 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I'm not happy with what I have seen. Don't mind losing, hate the lack of intensity and heart this team is showing.   

I was referring more to the Riders forum, not here.  RS, Rotor and BSD are Jones biggest promoters but have virtually disappeared since the Mtl. debacle.  No more toot left in their horn.

4 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I was referring more to the Riders forum, not here.  RS, Rotor and BSD are Jones biggest promoters but have virtually disappeared since the Mtl. debacle.  No more toot left in their horn.

RS loves to go on about how deep their Canadian talent is and so much better than ours. It's comical.  Rotor on the other hand is hardly worth mentioning. That guys delusional. 

Re: the Ottawa-Toronto game:

The game was rather dull until the second half but was played by the two best-coached teams in the league and worth watching for that reason alone. Hajrullahu has reclaimed his career and his release has to be another black mark against the current regime's ability to assess talent properly. Medlock is as good as advertised, but he is an import, and an expensive one at that. How could Toronto coach Hajrullahu out of his funk and the Bomber coaches could not? Coombs is being wasted in Toronto, and Toronto and Ottawa have to have the two best sets of receivers in the league. And Kilgore has bumped Willy even further down the QB ratings. Burris looked way more rusty than he ought to have.

9 hours ago, tracker said:

Re: the Ottawa-Toronto game:

The game was rather dull until the second half but was played by the two best-coached teams in the league and worth watching for that reason alone. Hajrullahu has reclaimed his career and his release has to be another black mark against the current regime's ability to assess talent properly. Medlock is as good as advertised, but he is an import, and an expensive one at that. How could Toronto coach Hajrullahu out of his funk and the Bomber coaches could not? Coombs is being wasted in Toronto, and Toronto and Ottawa have to have the two best sets of receivers in the league. And Kilgore has bumped Willy even further down the QB ratings. Burris looked way more rusty than he ought to have.

I'm gonna give the Bomber coaching staff a pass on this one. Hajrullahu was just bloody awful last year and cost us more than one game and we were more than patient waiting for him to snap out of it. Things are going well for him now, just as they did when he was here his rookie season, but I want to see what happens when things don't go well. The issue with this guy is mental toughness and I suspect he will get into a funk again.

49 minutes ago, J5V said:

I'm gonna give the Bomber coaching staff a pass on this one. Hajrullahu was just bloody awful last year and cost us more than one game and we were more than patient waiting for him to snap out of it. Things are going well for him now, just as they did when he was here his rookie season, but I want to see what happens when things don't go well. The issue with this guy is mental toughness and I suspect he will get into a funk again.

But sometimes guys have bad seasons and bounce back, I never doubted that Arugula would bounce back, but Kyle Walters has a history of not giving guys that chance to rebound. 

1 hour ago, J5V said:

A non-import starter is valuable enough that he should be given every possible chance, and I would have preferred to have him come to camp and compete for the job. As it is, we got nothing for him, and I would still like to know why the Argos were able to help him correct his game and the Bombers couldn't.