Riders Vs. Als "Bottom of the Barrel Edition"

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

Calgary will a steal of a game, really was a good game but probably not from Lion's fans. 

3 rookie mistakes by Jennings and Wally mismanaged by throwing away his timeouts on ridiculous challenges.  Good to see the Cgy. fans loud and getting into the game.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

big time fail by Jennings.  Instead of running the ball on second and long with a little over a minute to go in regulation he throws an interception and before you know it, Calgary has tied the game.  If he had simply run it, and they had to punt, Calgary would have had to take the ball the length of the field in a minute or so - very unlikely.  Then when Jennings has a chance to redeem himself in OT, he blows it again with another INT and loses the game.

His huck and chuck em' high risk style reminds me of a bit of Jonathan Crompton who could generate some yardage largely through long passes but this was mitigated by some poor decisions and passing usually resulting in at least one INT a game.  Of course, Jennings is younger than Crompton so he has a chance to change some of those bad habits.

Wally has to be fuming after that loss.

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

3 rookie mistakes by Jennings and Wally mismanaged by throwing away his timeouts on ridiculous challenges.  Good to see the Cgy. fans loud and get into the game.

Seems like they had a good crowd at the beginning of the game to bad many had headed for the exits before the comeback missed a great ending

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

Seems like they had a good crowd at the beginning of the game to bad many had headed for the exits before the comeback missed a great ending

Yeah i won some tickets to the game and the crowd was pretty into it at the end but there was a smattering of boos in the middle of the game and some general Calgary fan ass hattery throughout. I did laugh at all the people leaving. Missed a hell of a comeback.

40 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah i won some tickets to the game and the crowd was pretty into it at the end but there was a smattering of boos in the middle of the game and some general Calgary fan ass hattery throughout. I did laugh at all the people leaving. Missed a hell of a comeback.

2 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Learned a long time ago never to leave early.

Edited by iso_55

I thought about turning the game off with 2 mins left thinking the stamps were done, especially after that failed single by parades to make it a 7 point game. For whatever reason I decided to see what the stamps would do defensively n sure enough, int. followed by a td drive n 2pt convert. OT was kind of lame but still a great game, glad I stuck it out. Imagine the bombers putting up 41 n losing, especially in a game they had relative control over for 57 mins

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

3 minutes ago, tracker said:

The Beastly Lions looked like they had the game in the bag and the Stamps looked like also-rans until  Jennings gave the game away. Still, I wouldn't give up on him if was Wally- he made a lot of very nice touch passes.

wally is as much to blame for that loss as Jennings losing both his timeouts on chintzy reviews.

First game... yawn fest. First time I'v seen Regina play so badly this year. Montreal came to play and absolutely dominated for 60 minutes on a short week without 2 of their top receivers or their #1 RB.

Second game... Best game of the season so far. Two very good teams trading blows all night long. Jennings showed some great things then showed his inexperience by throwing a late pick that the announcers said he was trying to throw out of bounds. I don't think he was, otherwise it wouldn't have been that close to the receiver. Then, in OT no less, he tried to force a ball in that he had little chance of completing. That Int definitely cost them the game. By look on Wally's face, he was livid. I wouldn't have wanted to be in the locker room after the game. Still this game proves that BC and Calgary are the two best teams in the West.

The thing that really stood out about jennings to me was how easily he can fire a hard pass down field. Good strong arm on that guy and lots of ability to make things happen on the run but he definitely forced things at the end. He wasn't trying to throw out of bounds he just got pressured and didn't get enough on it. OT he tried to force it again and it cost him.