Ugly play, bad luck, injuries, bad coaching, bad quarterbacking ...

IC Khari

2 hours ago, IC Khari said:

Yep, until it mattered and they gave up more points when the team brought it within 8 and needed a stop. 

Unfortunately I think BLM could have scored at will whenever he needed to, the Stamps were just toying with the Bombers and showed some class by not running up the score on them at home.

I would argue Matt Nichols' TD drive was not garbage time... a 2 score game with 8 mins left in the CFL is easily attainable... of course, when your offense in generally incapable of any scores that makes it tough....

Also, I was impressed with the Canadians in the secondary after the injuries.... I'd like to see us start Loffler at safety and Morgan or Jones at field corner (I don't remember who was playing there last night)...

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

I would argue Matt Nichols' TD drive was not garbage time... a 2 score game with 8 mins left in the CFL is easily attainable... of course, when your offense in generally incapable of any scores that makes it tough....

Also, I was impressed with the Canadians in the secondary after the injuries.... I'd like to see us start Loffler at safety and Morgan or Jones at field corner (I don't remember who was playing there last night)...

I agree the Nichols TD was not garbage time.  We were down by 8 with 7mins left after that.  In the CFL, 16 points down with almost 10 mins left if plenty of time.

Our D gave a us a chance to win by hanging tough for most of the 2nd half.  It's a credit to Hall for changing on the fly.

1 minute ago, basslicker said:

I agree the Nichols TD was not garbage time.  We were down by 8 with 7mins left after that.  In the CFL, 16 points down with almost 10 mins left if plenty of time.

Our D gave a us a chance to win by hanging tough for most of the 2nd half.  It's a credit to Hall for changing on the fly.

but what about the D getting absolutely abused in the first half? They were awful from the get go. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

but what about the D getting absolutely abused in the first half? They were awful from the get go. 

Isn't it depressing that the "starters" got carved and the raw CDN rookies were the ones flying to the ball making plays?

Just now, Nash00 said:

Isn't it depressing that the "starters" got carved and the raw CDN rookies were the ones flying to the ball making plays?

Cuz they're hungry to play and our starters are just walking around defeated.

One thing that caught my eye. Darvin Adams - who is an easy example, because he's probably got the most obvious body language of any player on our team - walked around looking pissed off all game until Nichols came in. Hit Adams with a 10 yard catch. Adams gets pumped up. Because there was some hope.

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

One thing that caught my eye. Darvin Adams - who is an easy example, because he's probably got the most obvious body language of any player on our team - walked around looking pissed off all game until Nichols came in. Hit Adams with a 10 yard catch. Adams gets pumped up. Because there was some hope.

I think it was Tyron Brackenridge that tweeted during the game about the D just playing like they were just showing up to get paid. Pretty apt observation based on what we have seen thus far. Jones, Loffler, Morgan etc. all had the energy and desire to make plays as opposed to letting the play come to them.

14 minutes ago, Mike said:

But then he pussied out on a deep pass from Nichols and looked for a flag. That guy is a problem on this team mark my words. Yeah he might be pissed off, but he's so inconsistent with his own effort it's not even funny. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

The defense wasn't perfect... no one is arguing that... they allowed 26 points but still gave the team a chance to win this game... there is a distinct difference between the quality of the D and the O right now...

From the body language of the players before half-time, they did not expect to win, and I think the whole team has given up. There was a brief flurry of hope when Nichols came in, but by that time, the game was pretty much decided. Three points at the half? Willy has lost the confidence of his team mates and I believe O'Shea is in the same boat.