Ugly play, bad luck, injuries, bad coaching, bad quarterbacking ...

IC Khari

22 hours ago, tracker said:

From the body language of the players before half-time, they did not expect to win, and I think the whole team has given up. There was a brief flurry of hope when Nichols came in, but by that time, the game was pretty much decided. Three points at the half? Willy has lost the confidence of his team mates and I believe O'Shea is in the same boat.

Both of my sons played football with good and bad quarterbacks. When a team has an energized quarterback that leads the team through his play, that ripples down to the entire team, and up into the stands to the fans. And of course the opposite occurs with a bad quarterback, leading to fights in the stands!

I won't be surprised if Willy starts in Edmonton, but Nicholls has to get extra reps on the 1st team offence this week. We simply have to do something.

Oh and I'm not sure La Po is the right guy either....

Have the Bombers released an injury report?? Hardrick hurt his eye, but I'm not sure what happened to Neufeld. BTW we have serious trouble on our offensive line and no spare parts. I expect to see someone brought in to rectify this or maybe a trade.

3 minutes ago, ddanger said:

Both of my sons played football with good and bad quarterbacks. When a team has an energized quarterback that leads the team through his play, that ripples down to the entire team, and up into the stands to the fans. And of course the opposite occurs with a bad quarterback, leading to fights in the stands!

I won't be surprised if Willy starts in Edmonton, but Nicholls has to get extra reps on the 1st team offence this week. We simply have to do something.

Oh and I'm not sure La Po is the right guy either....

That's the crux of the problem. We can't know how good the offensive plans are until we get a QB behind center who can execute.

And finally, should anyone really be surprised when the Canadian kids get a chance that they go balls to the walls?? This has been their dream since they were in pee-wee football, and they know, because of course the American players are better, that they won't get too many chances. Trouble with the reasoning about American players is......the Canadian players are HUNGRIER.

Just now, ddanger said:

And finally, should anyone really be surprised when the Canadian kids get a chance that they go balls to the walls?? This has been their dream since they were in pee-wee football, and they know, because of course the American players are better, that they won't get too many chances. Trouble with the reasoning about American players is......the Canadian players are HUNGRIER.

I always cheer when a homebrew gets a shot at a premier position usually filled by an American. I was hoping that Hurl could blossom into a solid MLB, but he has not. Alex Singleton for the Stamps looks real good and Loffler and Jones looked promising for the Bombers. That same thinking led me to hope that O'Shea could become another Wally Buono, but (sigh),  it was not to be.

I see two positions of immediate need before any sort of improvement can begin.

Centre, the most important position on the o-line

MLB, the most important position on defence

Fill those 2 holes first and build around them.

If Walters doesn't realize this, then he is the wrong man for the job.