July 21, 2016: Calgary @ Winnipeg

Rich

6 minutes ago, Blueballz said:

Messam seems to have our number...shut him down...changes Calgary's game plan. 

I could see Calgary going heavy on the passing game in the first half, testing CJ Roberts if they can.  Use Messam for mostly blocking then let him grind the D down in second half.

I really do try to stay positive about MY TEAM, so in that light, I think the Bombers will pull off a couple of big plays, maybe a pick 6, or a punt return TD, coupled with a long TD on offence and we will squeek out a win.     :D

I don't see any reason why tonight's game can't be the break out night for the offense. Newcomers Davis and Mayo, along with Dressler, Adams and Kohlert, just might help kickstart Willy's motor. Willy, apparently, had a very good throwing week. This is good news, at the right time.

On D, it's pretty basic for me. Tackle Messam and take away BLM's safety valve, M.  McDaniel and you stand a good chance.

Edited by Mr Dee

5 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Still remember that game in 2009 where we whipped Calgary's butt at home. I think it was the only game Lefors won in a Bomber uniform. 

Ahhh the start of the Mike Kelly Era ... they looked so good that night only to have things unravel throughout the season. Just like the start of the MOS era (five straight wins and then ... well you know).

10 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I like that mayo is in, but id have personally either put him or davis at WR instead of kohlert and moved kohlert to one of the other SB positions

No they put their home run guys in the middle now...blame that on Milt...? It's strange I have a feeling the Blue are gonna win this one.We are due..☺

2 minutes ago, bb1 said:

No they put their home run guys in the middle now...blame that on Milt...? It's strange I have a feeling the Blue are gonna win this one.We are due..☺

id rather see the sure handed guys in the middle and YAC getters (which imo kolhert has proven to be at least sure handed) and speed on the outside i guess im old fashioned

For Calgary to win: get to Willy early and blitz him a lot, victimize Robert, Macho Harris and Posey.

For the Bombers to win: get Andrew Harris involved often and early, keep Willy upright, blitz Mitchell at random and smother .

Above all, keep Calgary to under 20 points offensively, and for God's sake, don't let Willy start pitching long bombs into tight coverage just to prove he can.

18 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I think it'd do well for his confidence if he came out of the gate firing long. Establish the pass to set up the run. God knows the other way hasnt been working

I think ti would be a lot worse for both Willy and the team if he started trying to force the ball to prove that he can pitch it that far. Willy absolutely cannot give up an early INT.