Depth Chart is up - Johnny Adams listed on roster

Mike

Whether he goes this week or not, it's a positive sign that they have activated Adams. I would be surprised to see him play, especially with him not practicing yet this week.

Slowly getting back to normalcy in the secondary. For all of the concerns about the unit (and they are legit), having an all-star back in the lineup is no small addition.

Somewhat surprising it's Sheppard coming on the roster and not Flanders to return kicks.

Edited by Nash00

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

according to Bauming, it'll be Leggett returning kicks...he was doing it in practice this week.

I do not like this decision, even if it is necessary. Leggett is too valuable as a defender to risk getting him injured. The defence is suspect as it is with him in place and without him, it would be a whole lot worse.

How long is McDuffie out for? In vague bomber coach terms?

Leggat might be the best return option even though he's in the secondary. Holds onto the ball and he's tough. Not super fast so I don't look forward to bombers flipping the field via returns.

Tightening up the secondary is one thing - but once Reilly's pocket collapses (and it will) he's very willing to run for 1st downs when he sees his receivers are blanketed. In theory, we should rarely be exposed to a Reilly romp longer than 5 yds because Hall's defense leaves men open on purpose. (bend but don't break philosophy)

40 minutes ago, tracker said:

I do not like this decision, even if it is necessary. Leggett is too valuable as a defender to risk getting him injured. The defence is suspect as it is with him in place and without him, it would be a whole lot worse.

I'm with you on this, nor do I want to see Dressler or any other player of great importance returning punts, too risky.  It would have made sense to give Flanders some game action without risking injury to any of the starters.

57 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Maybe Adams does some ST work to get him in game shape? 

You don't get in game shape in a game, you get ready in practise. If he is on the roster it's cause he's ready to go physically. If he's not ready he shouldn't play at all. 

14 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Id have started hubbard over green myself, thought he did well last week. Otherwise our secondary still looks a little suspect but over all roster looks good

It's almost irrelevant that Green's name is listed first over Hubbard's.  "Starter" is a very loose term at this position. 

54 minutes ago, Root said:

If he's on the gameday roster, even STs - he's gonna be first (or perhaps 2nd) man up when injuries hit. So he better be ready!

Good point. I may have worded it wrong. Maybe "ease him into the lineup" would be better. He wouldn't have to be the next man up with Derek Jones available 

Our D will be so lights out, we'll have plenty of returns to handle.... here's hoping.  But yeah..have to wonder what their thought process is with Leggett there. Don't like that.

Re: Hubbard. Maybe he's one of these cats they think needs that extra motivation, like say, not handing a starting spot to him?  Wasn't he the one who took to twitter to complain about his lack of playing time? Just a thought.... certainly the way he ended the game last week, you'd figure he's starter material. 

16 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You don't get in game shape in a game, you get ready in practise. If he is on the roster it's cause he's ready to go physically. If he's not ready he shouldn't play at all. 

You really can't be in game shape from practice. But it can help. He is a veteran and likely knows his role on ST inside and out. There is a big difference between physically being able to take special teams reps and physically being able to go out there for every defensive rep

17 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

yup, green was listed above him last game too. But Hubbard got plenty of time.

3 DE's is the way to go, O'Shea mentioned last week that it helped keep everyone fresh.  When Corney comes back they'll have to make a decision on Green or Hubbard.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

1 hour ago, BBlink said:

Maybe Adams does some ST work to get him in game shape? 

i bet this is right. Sts and used moderately on D to ease him into game action. Maybe a week or two of this.

24 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

3 DE's is the way to go, O'Shea mentioned last week that it helped keep everyone fresh.  When Corney comes back they'll have to make a decision on Green or Hubbard.

this x1000. Rotating guys is huge. I wish it was corney as the 3rd man though. I reaaaaallllyyyy like what hubard brings.

I really hope it isnt MO returning kicks. When we have dressler and smith and harris just doesnt make sense. Wish mayo was coming onto the roster too. That guy needs some more play time.