Game Day Thread: vs Calgary Stampeders-- Friday, July 1st CANADA DAY EDITION

Maybe it's stilly willy, but when they only rush three for most of the 4th quater willy was on target and making reads and moving the ball really well.

the pocket still collapses if Nichole's is in there.  I don't get why they didn't put Nichols in in the third to see what he can do.  

12 minutes ago, Goalie said:

The Ottawa example isn't really relevant in my opinion. I think its easier to start from scratch pretty much. Money to spend on anyone they wanted 

I don't buy that... Wpg had the cheapest QBs, no real big contracts, nothing holding them back when Mack was turfed

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I don't buy that... Wpg had the cheapest QBs, no real big contracts, nothing holding them back when Mack was turfed

Bombers have to spend money paying fired coaches for years. Ottawa didnt have that.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

The difference in the 2 teams' records going back to last year cannot solely be explained by one team having to pay for fired coaches while the other did not.  Regardless, Mack and company were paid off long ago.  Any spending discrepancies on all players may also be quickly dismissed with the salary cap. 

54 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

Maybe it's stilly willy, but when they only rush three for most of the 4th quater willy was on target and making reads and moving the ball really well.

the pocket still collapses if Nichole's is in there.  I don't get why they didn't put Nichols in in the third to see what he can do.  

Thats pretty much it. Weve had plenty of bad qbs before. And when it comes to garbage time they get little done.

Idk how any one can think willy was gonna get pulled. 0 chance of that. Especially this early. Mos doesnt pull vets easily. They get tons of lee way. And there is no reason to think any one on the bench is gonna come in and make the O work in the first 3 quarters. If mos makes that call, and it doesnt work (its a hail marry at very best) his time as a HC is done. The season is lost. The team will lose confidence him mos and willy and we'll be in for another long long season. We have a better chance of winning changing HCs then qbs. 

Just now, Goalie said:

Ppl in the know are blaming mack. Perhaps those ppl actually know more than fans on a message board? Nah. 

lol.  The good old appeal to authority.  So this must be true because a whopping 2 supposed "authorities" agree with it.  

Well Goalie as Carl Sagan once wrote,

"One of the great commandments of science is, 'Mistrust arguments from authority.'  Too many arguments have proved too painfully wrong.  Authorities must prove their contentions like everybody else."

Mack put up 20 wins plus a playoff win in his first 3 seasons with the Bombers.

Walters is going to have to win 8 games this year and a playoff game just to match that total.  Which seems incredibly unlikely.  Not sure he can blame Mack for that.  

Edited by Atomic
Math error

26 minutes ago, tracker said:

I don't think that the personnel on the O-line are as bad as the stats indicate- they cannot seem to adjust to the play- and appears to be the character of the whole freaking team. Gotta be coaching and I think is going to be the end of more than one coaching career.

Coaching or personnel or both? Whoever figures that out first will be some kind of hero in these parts. Bomber fans have been needing the answer to that since 2003 ...

Two or three years special teams coaching is probably not enough experience for a person to be a head coach. It Made no sense to me at the time it was done. So far, looks like it was not a good decision. Not a history person, but I expect it's the first time that's been done in the modern CFL.

This team has enough good players to be better than  it is. The players can't say what they think, but their performance, appearing to be lacking heart, shows something about what they think.

Having played the game well isn't enough to make a good coach.

Some good players are bad coaches, some bad players are good coaches.

Edited by Mark F
sp

3 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Two or three years special teams coaching is probably not enough experience for a person to be a head coach. It Made no sense to me at the time it was done. So far, looks like it was not a good decision. Not a history person, but I expect it's the first time that's been done in the CFL.

Actually that's also the Jeff Rein-dolt story. He was BC's special teams coach.