Calgary - Canada Day

It's been a long time since we've won in Calgary, but it's also been a long time since I've actually had the opportunity to get to a game. I've planned my vacations the past four years around the Bomber schedule - may as well visit family in Manitoba and see a game, but it's nice to have the ability to see them close.

Edited by northof60

21 minutes ago, northof60 said:

It's been a long time since we've won in Calgary, but it's also been a long time since I've actually had the opportunity to get to a game. I've planned my vacations the past four years around the Bomber schedule - may as well visit family in Manitoba and see a game, but it's nice to have the ability to see them close.

Actually not that long. They busted the slump last game of the year season before last. Marvelous Marve in the snow

It was one of the greatest sporting events I've ever been at. Bombers fans along the sidelines getting high fives from all the players and they gave me a pair of game worn cutter gloves from. That day. Incredible day....

23 hours ago, northof60 said:

yeah other than the fluke out in the snow with Marve and crew the last time I remember the Bombers kicking any ass in Calgary was back in 2001 with Khari at the helm.  That team was truly awesome.

On June 25, 2016 at 2:08 PM, 17to85 said:

Oh you sweet summer child.... bombers in Alberta is pain and misery

My favourite was in 2002 in Edmonton, I attended the Bombers game.  The Bombers lost, but caused 7 or 8 Edmonton turnovers.  Every time a turnover happened, I turned and faced the crowd in my section yelling "Ohhhh,  Noooooo!  OHHHH, NOOOOOO!!!".  The fans hated me, and yelled to sit down.

That was fun.

On June 26, 2016 at 5:18 PM, northof60 said:

November 1, 2014 was the last win in Calgary. It has been much longer since they won in Edmonton and on Labour Day. 

Just saying.

Historically, the Bombers have done very poorly, but maybe they are due. Realistically (he said while wiping a tear from his eye), Huffer will detonate on the sidelines if the Horsemen do not start vigorously, and Dickinson ought to have his charges  ready, so the Bombers had better have their jockstraps on tight. If the Bombers do their Keystone Kops routine again in the first half, I'm not sure that the mushroom cloud over Cowgary won't be O'Shea.

Edited by tracker