Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

5 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Normally, if there was a signing they will announce it in the morning or prior to practice. 

If there will be no signing today I will resign to the thought that we will not resign any of these guys. 

??

9 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Normally, if there was a signing they will announce it in the morning or prior to practice. 

If there will be no signing today I will resign to the thought that we will not resign any of these guys. 

Just wondering if it is too late in the season for any of these guys to get NFL tryouts?

.....It's odd we haven't heard a peep about 'maybe' signing one of these guys...Lawless and other media reporters have been mute concerning these recent cuts from T.O....We get wonderful stories of how touring Henoc has been doing but zippo on these guys...You'd think there'd be something out there ...negative or positive...The more this drags out the more it looks like we are passing on these receivers...I don't think that's going to sit too well with the locals, especially considering what other competition in our division has done..

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Gurley and Elliott both likely making hardly much more than an entry level salary and they're not really in a position to demand a pay bump (even if their production warrants it) after they've been released.

They would be light on the pocketbook for sure. 

58 minutes ago, Stickem said:

.....It's odd we haven't heard a peep about 'maybe' signing one of these guys...Lawless and other media reporters have been mute concerning these recent cuts from T.O....We get wonderful stories of how touring Henoc has been doing but zippo on these guys...You'd think there'd be something out there ...negative or positive...The more this drags out the more it looks like we are passing on these receivers...I don't think that's going to sit too well with the locals, especially considering what other competition in our division has done..

Lawless literally said yesterday that it sounds like Hamilton and Winnipeg are interested.

Not picking on your post specifically, I just don't understand why people think this is going to come together in a day or two. When does it ever?

42 minutes ago, Mike said:

Lawless literally said yesterday that it sounds like Hamilton and Winnipeg are interested.

Not picking on your post specifically, I just don't understand why people think this is going to come together in a day or two. When does it ever?

I'm seriously one of the least patient people of all time, but even I'm getting frustrated with people expecting this to have already happened. This is the Twitter generation at it's worst. Expecting Lawless to follow Walters around, doing play by play coverage of his every move. 

58 minutes ago, Mike said:

Pretty much. Virtually no chance they play this week any way. With the waiver wire gone these guys probably have a decent amount of offers right now. Chance to star on some teams, and contribute on contenders. Maybe they want to play out the year and try the nfl, maybe get a big deal for the remainder of the year plus next year etc. 

Bombers may pass on Argos' castoffs

A few tall, physical receivers who used to play for the Argos are looking for jobs, and there are those who believe a big play pass catcher is what the Bombers offence could use right now.

Head coach Mike O'Shea didn't directly answer the question when asked if the Bombers had any interest in Tori Gurley, Vidal Hazelton or Kevin Elliott – “I'm sure Kyle and his department are combing through the film and taking a look” – but he did say they're not needed.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2016/10/04/harris-has-been-waiting-for-this-one-for-bombers

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I'm seriously one of the least patient people of all time, but even I'm getting frustrated with people expecting this to have already happened. This is the Twitter generation at it's worst. Expecting Lawless to follow Walters around, doing play by play coverage of his every move. 

Guess it came together pretty quick for Hazelton...IF you don't strike when the iron is hot...you might as well dither I guess...Seems like this organization does a lot of that and then have all kinds of excuses to protect the status quo... I really like the guys we got but it is so glaring that we need to upgrade at receiver...Fans are not dumb and are not going to buy that this club has what it takes to go somewhere post season... Especially after the last two games..We don't need play by play from reporters for sure...Flawless Lawless and his musing will do....but I'd really like to see a signing.

Edited by Stickem

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

Guess it came together pretty quick for Hazelton...IF you don't strike when the iron is hot...you might as well dither I guess...Seems like this organization does a lot of that and then have all kinds of excuses to protect the status quo...Like I really like the guys we got but it is so glaring that we need to upgrade at receiver...Fans are not dumb and are not going to buy that this club has what it takes to go somewhere post season...We don't need play by play from reporters for sure...Flawless Lawless and his musing will do....but I'd really like to see a signing.

... do we need an upgrade at receiver all that badly?

I would like to get Gurley but truthfully, he's the only one of the three I had any interest in whatsoever. But with Darvin Adams returning in a couple games and our ratio allowing us to play 4 imports, why exactly do we have such a pressing need at receiver? Truthfully, Gurley would be a luxury for us.

Seems like everyone is just overreacting, to be honest.

Everyone is making this grand assumption that these players are all far superior to what we already have, which is just patently false. Sure, we could use a big body, but I'm not convinced it's gotta be these guys. If The Trinity decide they can help, and decide to bring someone in, great...but if not, we'll roll with what we have.