Final Cuts

Jpan85

Yup. None are. Butcher back to school makes sense. The Other guys, really... they are easily replaceable players, can get those types of guys every draft pretty much. Looks like a guy like Inzandt might be PR bound tho, they haven't cut him yet and i would assume he's going to the PR tho.

Gotta wonder if they might look at other teams cuts, a guy like Lawlor out of Montreal very well could be on their radar for a PR spot. 

Edited by Goalie

CIS rules are complex, but basically they boil down to a player having a 7 year window when the graduate high school.   They can play 5 years in total within that window.

So, a player out of High School can play CJFL  (Rifles) for 2 years without using up any CIS eligibility.   That's why you see so many players go to the CJFL out of high school, it gives them the chance to develop and then shop the CIS schools with a higher level of training.

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Really surprised that Rush, Butcher and Pav are not on PR

Butcher im sure they think needs another season more then any thing else in the cis. I think he could be a limited use STer right now, but he could be soo much more next year. Pav not being on the pr tells me they are gonna keep / hide sergio for a while. But I dont think he's going to be more then a phone call way. Rush i wish was kept around. Thought he'd be good as a ster too.

18 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Rush and Butcher I thought would be on the PR. It makes sense Butcher going back to school though. I do hope we neg list him so nobody nabs him.

I am sure we will nl butcher. For a late pick he really shined in camp. cant wait to see him next year. I was kind of thinking he might be pr/teams guy this year too. But im not dissapointed to see him playing another year in the cis itll make him a lot better then teams/pr.

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Serious question, did Butcher actually shine in camp or did he just make a good play in that one game and come with a huge body so people are turning him into this beast man?

This one time, in training camp, Rupert Butcher had to be blocked by all five guys on the OL. This one time, in training camp, Rupert Butcher singled handled ran over all 7 blockers, strip sacked the QB, ran it back for a TD and kicked the extra point.

12 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Serious question, did Butcher actually shine in camp or did he just make a good play in that one game and come with a huge body so people are turning him into this beast man?

He showed great push up the middle and exceptional burst despite his weight. Hes raw, very raw. But he's got a very high level of physical tool set thats very desirable especially in a ni.

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Can that be done seamlessly so that no sticky fingers nab him?

They have to have some processing time some one could nab him. But its one of those un written football things. I dont think there is a risk of some one grabbing him and him decided to go to a PR and not back to school. 

I thought during the times Butcher was on the field, he did well, especially considering his inexperience at the pro level. Big, mean, strong Canucks are pretty rare and I wouldn't be surprised to see him again and soon.

Edited by tracker

11 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

Sucks for Alex Vitt that he could never get healthy. I think he would've had a decent chance at making the team.

Yes especially with the injury to Richards.  As it stands I guess Kris Bastien is going to make the team again unless they choose to only have 2 Canadian receivers on the roster.