Game Day - Wpg vs Montreal

Real happy with the win but still very concerned about our O-line.

I know he's a Winnipeg boy but could someone please kidnap Rod Black until the end of the season?

8 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

It's locked up unless you are a subscriber.  I was really hoping they would review that feature but it appears they haven't changed their minds.

I just got made an email on my parents Shaw account back in WPG and it will let you log in. 

6 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

Ventung is in big trouble, probably one of the early cuts, McDuffbeer hasn't got the greatest hands but made something happen every time he touched the ball ...

Idk i think MoS is slow to cut vets. I agree for a guy whose been around as much veltung sure got out shined by a few rooks. 

8 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

Ventung is in big trouble, probably one of the early cuts, McDuffbeer hasn't got the greatest hands but made something happen every time he touched the ball ...

Other than the one dropped pass on the goal line, what makes you say that?

Was at the game, nice to have football back!

first team O looked solid. Nice roll out and toss to smith by Willy. Still holding on to the ball a bit too long (resulted in a sack and under through to Darvin who would have scored) Oline held up nicely, especially while running. Huge holes! Decent blitz pick ups too. Good to see in preseason. 

Defence!! Westerman looked great. Corney! Two sacks and a kick return!! Good to see him get in there. Thought Macho looked so so...though I did see him come in fairly late to a play where the QB had scrambled. It concerns me cause that was/is his MO, taking stupid penalties that don't need to happen.

Bennet/Davis - Anderson/Flanders making for some tough choices for the coaches that's forsure. Thought Davis slightly outplayed Bennet same with Anderson over Flanders. But hope to see the four play again on monday.

The Refs...oh dear god the refs. Specifically #79 holy hell I hope he never actually refs a real game. Just brutal, between phantom calls to not knowing which side caused the penalty, to signalling to the wrong side (WPG penalty - points to Mtl etc) I really hope this wasn't a sign of things to come this year.

Edited by Bigblue204

30 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Agreed, McDuffie did a pretty good job out there last night.  I also liked Mayo at receiver.  I'd like to see more of them both.

Edited by Logan007

21 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

The Refs...oh dear god the refs. Specifically #79 holy hell I hope he never actually refs a real game. Just brutal, between phantom calls to not knowing which side caused the penalty, to signalling to the wrong side (WPG penalty - points to Mtl etc) I really hope this wasn't a sign of things to come this year.

Future Head of CFL Officiating......

42 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I remember reading that was the knock on him in Hamilton as well and yes there was only the one big drop. Hey, if he has decent hands and with that speed, as we saw last night, he could come in at receiver in some situations and make it very tough on the opposition's D. Something else to think about, with our ratio can you imagine having A Harris and Flanders in the backfield together in some sets? No Dressler also was a bit of a downer because with him and all the other weapons (just based upon the screens and misdirections etc in a vanilla preseason set) this is going to be a very potent offence ..

42 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Mayo and Williams impressed last night too. McDuffie has a chance on being a DI. The depth at National might mean they don't have to use a DI there opening a spot to get McDuffie on the roster.

I thought Mayo scored on that play (caught the ball, rolled, and got up without being being touched) near the half and it should have made that controversial Flanders last play before halftime moot.

6 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Nice to see Richards get a couple balls last night.

yes he did not look out of place.  I think I heard a cheer go up on his first reception, kind of like the cheer that went up when Jade Etienne caught his first pass.  Kris Bastien I think is P/R at best now.

16 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

yes he did not look out of place.  I think I heard a cheer go up on his first reception, kind of like the cheer that went up when Jade Etienne caught his first pass.  Kris Bastien I think is P/R at best now.

... and it's mostly because of the hair ;)

PlayerHeadshot?globalid=826755&width=212

Boring ...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkAjYCxx9drbdAgvb1sij

Mr. Excitement!

*edit ... I realize Richards has since cut his hair but maybe he'll grow it back for KBF? ;)

Edited by IC Khari

37 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I hope Flanders makes it just so that the fans can do "Flanders" chants all year. 

latest?cb=20130926183651

which chant? There are plenty of possibilities. In our house whenever someone makes a concentration mistake it's "Stupid sexy ..."

Flanders hair is pretty epic too but the girls in the house are cheering for Richards to grow back.   

32 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

... and it's mostly because of the hair ;)

PlayerHeadshot?globalid=826755&width=212

Boring ...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkAjYCxx9drbdAgvb1sij

Mr. Excitement!

*edit ... I realize Richards has since cut his hair but maybe he'll grow it back for KBF? ;)

man with that hair you could make a living just playing bass guitar in 80's cover bands.  Well, not a great living, but a living anyway.