CFL Draft

nate007

Well it seems like the receivers and the Dlinemen really impressed everyone. I don't have a problem with this. If we used our 9 and 10 pick to grab either/or, I could live with that. Walters did a great job over F/A to bring in some very good national talent. It seems like we would have no problems fielding our ratio as it stands.

Unless your willing to trade up with the Riders, you will never see Vaillantcourt here, he won't last past first pick.

10 hours ago, Dee Urban Hermit said:

Well it seems like the receivers and the Dlinemen really impressed everyone. I don't have a problem with this. If we used our 9 and 10 pick to grab either/or, I could live with that. Walters did a great job over F/A to bring in some very good national talent. It seems like we would have no problems fielding our ratio as it stands.

Unless your willing to trade up with the Riders, you will never see Vaillantcourt here, he won't last past first pick.

I feel like I just read the opposite, that the OL dominated the DL in the one-on-ones.

1. Saskatchewan - OL Charles Vaillancourt

2. Montreal - OL Jason Lauzon-Seguin

3. BC - OL Josiah St. John

4. Toronto - DB Arjen Colquhoun

5. Hamilton - REC Brian Jones

6. Calgary - RB Mercer Timmis

7. Ottawa - OL Dillon Guy

8. Edmonton - DL Mehdi Abdesmad

9. Winnipeg - OL Philippe Gagnon

10. Winnipeg - DB Taylor Loffler

11. Montreal - DL Trent Corney

12. BC - REC Felix Faubert-Lussier

13. Toronto - OL Michael Couture

14. Hamilton - K/P Quinn van Gyslwyk

15. Calgary - REC Tevaun Smith

16. Ottawa - DL Rupert Butcher

17. Edmonton - REC Juwan Brescacin

18. Hamilton - OL Sean Jamieson

19. Winnipeg - REC Doug Corby

... Initial impressions. Plenty will change.

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I haven't read the article yet, but Walters quote from Sun says there are likely 20 good players in this year's draft......

In his interview on TSN.ca he makes that statement.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/cfl-combine-walters-looking-to-upgrade~827450

Edited by wpgallday1960
wrong website

I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting a little tired hearing about the massive contingent of Riders' support/scouting staff being flouted at every opportunity. This is the CFL combine, in one location, with everybody there at the same time. Eye-ya-eye.

I mean, has it even been proven that 20 different opinions will work massively better than 10 different opinions?

5 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting a little tired hearing about the massive contingent of Riders' support/scouting staff being flouted at every opportunity. This is the CFL combine, in one location, with everybody there at the same time. Eye-ya-eye.

I mean, has it even been proven that 20 different opinions will work massively better than 10 different opinions?

The guy who runs that twitter account is a Riders fan and a regular on their fan site. His seat is near the front on the Chris Jones bandwagon.

4 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

The guy who runs that twitter account is a Riders fan and a regular on their fan site. His seat is near the front on the Chris Jones bandwagon.

I hope he is wearing a seat belt. I think there is going to be a bit of a bumpy ride. 

Just heard Walters on H and L. Said for the first time they can take the best player available instead of having to draft based on position. Mostly like will be oline with one of the first two picks then best player on board.  Also talked neg list. Lawless made a good point that with guys waiting out for NFL opportunities that some of the guys they put there on first 2 years may now have no options other than signing with Bombers than wait for another NFL shot. Walters agreed and said they are working hard to get some of those guys up here sent out a video package about team city and league to those that they really wanted to sign off neg list and working those agents hard. Also said the Mulumba will not sign here this year will wait till every NFL shot is exhausted. Low dollar and new league also affecting getting guys to come up here.

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

Just heard Walters on H and L. Said for the first time they can take the best player available instead of having to draft based on position. 

You never have to justify taking the best player available and I quite frankly disagree entirely with drafting on need as opposed to BPA. 

33 minutes ago, Maudie fingerjammer said:

Re Dillon Guy....  Has had two surgeries on both feet, according to his Facebook page had an issue with his Achilles this year.

That sounds scary for a big guy.