CFL Draft

nate007

With combines going on this week/weekend, it's time to start obsessing over how the draft is going to shake down. Justin Dunk released his first mock draft today, and while I'm a little surprised that none of the OL ranked in the top 20 were still there at nine, I'd be happy to get Smith there. According to CBS, he's the 72nd ranked WR in a weak WR  draft class, so I'm thinking his chances of sticking down there are pretty low. 

If this draft holds true, I'd be happy with the Bombers taking Smith and Abdesmad at nine and ten.

http://www.cfl.ca/2016/03/07/2016-cfl-mock-draft-1-0/

38 minutes ago, Mike said:

We have to find a way to use a pick to get a OL on the roster. Maybe not both picks, but it'd be a tough pill to swallow if we can't get one.

This weekend should give us a better idea of the OL talent available.

I like how you phrased it..."use a pick to get a OL on the roster".........we don't necessarily have to draft one, if we can trade the pick for one. But using a pick...somehow, some way....to get an OL on the roster, is crucial.

So if there is nothing there at nine, with regards to the o line, do we package up our 2 second rounders and trade up....Tough call...If we can't get into the top four or five, we may have to take a chance on a 'long term project' or go in a different direction all together...If it goes that way it'll be too bad as we could sure  could use another guy like Chungh or Goossen. 

Can't see Sask or BC trading their picks... Montreal, TO and Ham are possibilities

Montreal probably most likely to take 9, 10 for #2, 20 imo - with Martin, Blake and Muamba, they can afford to use picks on longer term prospects

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I like how you phrased it..."use a pick to get a OL on the roster".........we don't necessarily have to draft one, if we can trade the pick for one. But using a pick...somehow, some way....to get an OL on the roster, is crucial.

Bingo. Lots of work to be done prior to draft day, mostly in regards to determining what kind of OL depth we're going to see. If a few of the fringe guys like Jamieson and Intzandt establish themselves ... there could be some worthwhile OL picks in that range. If not, it's going to be tough because Dunk is right - the good ones could go very early.

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Can't see Sask or BC trading their picks... Montreal, TO and Ham are possibilities

Montreal probably most likely to take 9, 10 for #2, 20 imo - with Martin, Blake and Muamba, they can afford to use picks on longer term prospects

They don't have Muamba.

On 3/9/2016 at 4:43 PM, pigseye said:

Nationals on the lines is the only way to go, at least Walters understands it.

I gotta say Walters is impressing the hell out of me. He's working hard and making plenty of moves. Some of them may turn out to be nothing more than training camp fodder but at least he's trying. 

5 hours ago, J5V said:

I gotta say Walters is impressing the hell out of me. He's working hard and making plenty of moves. Some of them may turn out to be nothing more than training camp fodder but at least he's trying. 

Exactly, it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Pretty early and hard to pay attention this year... but I'll give it a shot

1. Sask - Vaillaincourt

2. Mtl - Brian Jones

3. BC - Josiah St John

4. Tor - Tevaun Smith

5. Ham - Colquhoun

6. Cal -Gagnon

7. Ott -Mercer Timmis

8. Edm -Lauzon-Seguin

9. Wpg - Dillon Guy

10. Wpg - Abdesmad

Edited by Floyd