Bombers FA Signings 2016

Noeller

1 hour ago, mbrg said:

It was reported at the time that he had signed a 3 year contract with the Riders.  So the earliest he might be available is February 2018.

2 years left, Harris also signed for 3, if they can get 3 good years out of him that's great.  If not, cut him after 2.  Whether Demski is the same caliber as Harris remains to be seen, Harris is arguably the second best Canadian RB ever.

16 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

How much do you think Demski is worth?  I don't think money will be a problem at all if they want him.

It really all depends on how these next years goes for him. If he's a 1000 yard rec with another 500 all purpose or more His price is going up. With the lack of CND talent and a need for ratio breakers, I could see him being a high $ FA. Again though it all depends on how he plays this year.

Edited by Bigblue204

17 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I hope Richards shows us something this year and can elevate his game equal to Demskis..Approach the riders about an even up trade and make everybody happy..

no **** the riders, Keep Richards and let him retire a bomber legend (hypothetical) AND grab Demski when available...watch them both score countless TDs on the Riders for years to come. GOOOOOOOOOOO **** yourself riders!

42 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

2 more added before mini-camp kicks off today:

Aundrey Walker (OL) - 6'6, 315lbs out of USC, spent 2015 on the Dolphins PR

Kris Adams (WR) - 6'3, 200lbs from UTEP, spent time with the Bears, Colts & Giants since 2011.

http://www.bluebombers.com/2016/04/25/bombers-add-two-prior-to-offensive-mini-camp/

Adams looks interesting, walkers scout reports were about as sad as any prospect ive seen since glen big baby davis.

Edited by wbbfan

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

You can say that again. Wouldnt mind a longer term project qb but we had been bringing lots of those guys in the last few years to little avail. 

I'm no scout, but to my eyes Davis has shown physical gifts and a decent grasp of CFL fundamentals so far.  No need to push him up the totem any time soon, but he looks like he could be something in this league.  I'd probably put him and Nichols at about even right now.  For what he lacks in experience compared to Nichols, he appears to exceed him in every other category.  That said, I don't want to do anything that will cause the hype train to leave the station so early.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2016 at 10:09 AM, wbbfan said:

You can say that again. Wouldnt mind a longer term project qb but we had been bringing lots of those guys in the last few years to little avail. 

Bennett I believe is slotted into that slot, no?  seems to have a lot of intangibles that could make a solid CFL QB if hes willing to play the waiting game now that hes the short man on the totem pole.

On 5/6/2016 at 11:37 AM, SPuDS said:

Bennett I believe is slotted into that slot, no?  seems to have a lot of intangibles that could make a solid CFL QB if hes willing to play the waiting game now that hes the short man on the totem pole.

More the average cfl qb prospect imop. Intangibles are nice, and he has solid athletic ability but i dont think he's that type of guy you groom for a few years with no more then pre season action.

And here I thought it was a maneuvering move to keep his rights and he can un-retire later. He would have signed a contract, therefore, he would have to agree to retire. Otherwise, couldn't they just suspend him?

Edited by Mr Dee
?

19 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Jernigan has been put on our retired list. I guess he didn't like what he saw while he was in Winnipeg...

Here's a quote from when Jernigan left mini-camp:

“He actually went home today, personal reasons, he had to get home,” O’Shea said. “So we’ll see how that goes from this point forward. I don’t expect him back in this camp. It’s just too short to fly him home and fly him back.”

I suppose those personal reasons could have been that he hated it here but that's not how it read it me.

That's unfortunate about Jernigan but... if he doesn't want to be here, then so be it. And we move on, They have a few other options also, the most obvious one being Veltung who quite honestly looked pretty damn good returning kicks and punts last year... he actually looked better than Stoudemire. 

Edited by Goalie

43 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

You never know with American players coming up here for the 1st time though.  I'm sure there have been guys who done that in the past... I'm actually surprised it doesn't happen more often (especially in Regina!). ;)

Have you ever parked with your squeeze in Sask  just off No. 6 late at night just around the time TC is about to start? The amount of cars heading South with helmets hanging off the antennae makes it look like an oriental express. :D

55 minutes ago, LeBird said:

Have you ever parked with your squeeze in Sask  just off No. 6 late at night just around the time TC is about to start? The amount of cars heading South with helmets hanging off the antennae makes it look like an oriental express. :D

I think most people around here try to stay as far away from Saskatchewan as we can.